Greggs bakery

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Haven’t forgiven them for stop doing ham and pease pudding stotties (if you’re from the North East you know! 😋)
Gregg's stotties were the best

Steak bake and a caramel custard doughnut for me, ta!

I like their mexican chicken sandwich if I don’t fancy a pasty. Although if you’re northern, it’s all about Cooplands bakery!
Are Cooplands part of the Co-operative group? I've only seen their bakeries beside a Co-op. I mentally call them Co-op lands which is strange because I think of the co-op as the coop.

Last edited:
I always preferred Sayers and Waterfields growing up, there weren’t many greggs and I never liked them that much anyway. When I spent some time in Greater Manchester I discovered Greenhalgh’s and loved their cheese pies and cream cakes. Now I’m vegan I’m thankful for the few vegan options Greggs have 🙏🏻 I practically survived on their sausage rolls on a weekend break to the lakes.

Reactions: 3
Ahhhhh Greenhalghs’s for anyone in the Lancs/Manchester area is hands down the winner. They do a whole crumpet loaf. Nuff said

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I had such bad heartburn from a Greggs vegan sausage roll I thought I was going to die. I was visiting my Mum in hospital and had to dash out to buy Rennies from the chemist near door. Never again.

You can get Cooplands frozen pasties in Heron. Never had them or seen the bakeries before either though.

South west here and there’s not much else other than greggs. We had a few Redlands bakeries but they closed during covid.

My brother was dragged up on greggs sausage rolls, my mum would walk through the shopping centre and have to get him a sausage roll to last the school run. I don’t ever recall his pushchair not being covered in pastry crumbs.

They used to do the white iced doughnuts with chocolate drizzled on top - they were so good! I believe once upon a time they used to a proper pizza baguette, like half a baguette with pizza toppings. That was lush! Am a big fan of the vegan sausage roll but sometimes it can be too dry

My husband moved up from way down south and had never been to greggs until he was 25. He is still now always excited at the thought of a greggs he can’t NOT go in one.

Anyway that turned out to be more of a personal anicodote than I anticipated 😂

Reactions: 4
I've never been in a Greggs or tried any of their food as their nearest one to me is miles away and I don't drive. I've always felt so left out over that! :ROFLMAO:
I echo the first part of your post I have never been in a Greggs , don’t feel left out though. I have never been in a subway either, the smell puts me off 🤢

If you live in the NE you have little choice but to use Greggs they are on every high street (sometimes more than once 😂).

My local ones sell fresh bread - is it a NE thing?

I’m still pissed they are still on a reduced menu, can’t see them bringing everything back after all this time 😭

I live up north where's there's a greggs on every street so I go quite a bit 😂

I love the sausage bean & cheese. But I agree with others that theyve not been very warm in the last year or so, cold beans are grim, so I sometimes take it home to reheat. Same with chicken bakes, used to proper love them but had a few cold ones and make me feel sick now.

The pizza slices I feel have gotten worse. Does anyone remember when they did the pizza baguette slices? They were incredible, no idea why they changed.

I do like the coffee too, prefer it over most big brands like Starbucks, cafe Nero ect.

Plus the sausage sarnie got me through my very nauseous pregnancy. Had one nearly every morning.

Reactions: 3
I am a big fan of their tuna crunch baguettes. The milk chocolate chip cookies are my favourite cookies of all time.

My husband and I sometimes order it as a treat lunch when we are working from home.

Reactions: 2
Chicken bakes are delish, not sure why they taste so good but they really do, also the omelette they have as a sandwich option at breakfast is amazing, looks like a soggy sponge but honestly it's so so good, if we're on the motorway we always stop at services to grab a greggs breakfast butty and a cuppa, not a road trip without it :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1