Greggs bakery

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like their tandoori chicken baguette. And their sausage rolls. I haven't been in Greggs for about a year though. I might need to go in there again soon. I have one in my local town about 5 mins away. I quite fancy sausage rolls. I'll eat them cold, I don't mind haha.

Reactions: 1
Steak bake and a caramel custard doughnut for me, ta!

I like their mexican chicken sandwich if I don’t fancy a pasty. Although if you’re northern, it’s all about Cooplands bakery!

Reactions: 5
I do like Greggs for a cheap lunch. I like their coffee, it's drinkable unlike a lot of other machine coffee. I like their cheese toasties, baguettes, sausage rolls and yum yums. Oh and chocolate muffins. I don't like their doughnuts, I find them very oily tasting.
My favourite bakery is Simmons, they have the most amazing jam doughnuts, and do a great pastrami in focaccia sandwich. Wenzels is a close second, they have the most incredible cronut type things and giant fondant fancies. My husband loves the vegan patties.
Wenzels iced Donuts are delicious. I also prefer their sausage rolls to Greggs, but you can't beat a Greggs Yum yum

In terms of hot food, I don't eat pork so I'm a huge fan of their vegan sausage rolls.I've tried their wedges and chicken strips too which are actually pretty cheap for a warm lunch. Also chicken bake is up there with one of my favourite things ever ❤

The omlette baguette cheered me up the other morning but I really think they should offer a meat free sausage at breakfast!

Cold stuff: I like their sandwiches, tuna crunch baguette & Mexican oval bite.

Sweet: I love their yum yums and doughnuts.

What do you find good and bad at Greggs?

I used to be a bit snobby about them when I was younger. Thought they were chavvy etc. But they're a massive convenience for work and I tend to use them a fair bit.

I find all the baguette sandwiches decent. Any other sandwich though isn't great, the bread just isn't that nice.

The sausage rolls are pretty nice. Good flavour

Pizzas are diabolical

Didn't think much of the vegan sausage roll after all the hype but apparently they've changed the recepie now

I've not ventured much into their sweet stuff so don't really know if it's any good. Willing to give it a shot though. Think I've had the doughnuts in the past and don't remember them being too bad.
Omg stop I love the cheese and tomato pizza 😂 obviously not the finest Italian cuisine but it tastes of childhood

Reactions: 5
I've never been in a Greggs or tried any of their food as their nearest one to me is miles away and I don't drive. I've always felt so left out over that! :ROFLMAO:

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I wish they'd bring back the London cheesecake

I've heard Aldi do them but I don't have an Aldi anywhere near me
😔
filename-greggschscake.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Haven’t forgiven them for stop doing ham and pease pudding stotties (if you’re from the North East you know! 😋)

Reactions: 3
If I’m going to Greggs I’ll get a cheese and onion bake and a yum yum. I miss the cheese and ham bake they used to sell.
I prefer Cooplands or Thomas the Baker.

Reactions: 1
Omg stop I love the cheese and tomato pizza 😂 obviously not the finest Italian cuisine but it tastes of childhood
As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, they're often lukewarm and just don't seem to taste right.

I really like the cheese pizza, reminds me of school dinners but in a good way😂
Cheese and onion, cornish are good
Wedges are nicer than dominos and only a quid!

Pound Bakery vegan sausage rolls and even the cheese and onion pasties are actually nicer imo and better value for money but I'm always closer to a Greggs when I fancy them

I imagine pound bakery makes a pretty good killing as well. Always seems busy when I walk past it