Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ElektraWintour

VIP Member
I like their donuts. If you download the app ‘too good to go’ you can get a whole bag of Greggs goodies for like £3 that would otherwise be thrown away at the end of the day 😋

• Heart
Reactions: 12

whoops!

Sausage cheese and bean pasty for the win. And I won’t hear otherwise. Absolute delicious.

Reactions: 7

navybluewolf

Chatty Member
I do like Greggs for a cheap lunch. I like their coffee, it's drinkable unlike a lot of other machine coffee. I like their cheese toasties, baguettes, sausage rolls and yum yums. Oh and chocolate muffins. I don't like their doughnuts, I find them very oily tasting.
My favourite bakery is Simmons, they have the most amazing jam doughnuts, and do a great pastrami in focaccia sandwich. Wenzels is a close second, they have the most incredible cronut type things and giant fondant fancies. My husband loves the vegan patties.

Annecdote

Sayers every time over Greggs! But I’ve never seen them anywhere else except for Merseyside! Can anyone confirm if they have them by you?!

• Heart

PinkMariner

Chatty Member
My Thursday ritual (Yes, I am a porker, don't come at me)
Leave the house 5 minutes earlier than usual, get my arse to Greggles.

Bacon roll with ketchip, croissant and a fresh orange for brekko.
Tandoori chicken baguette, ready salted crisps and diet coke for lunch
Potentially a bag of doughnuts or yuyums to share in the office.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Pizzledizzle

Chicken bake 👌🏻 Also the vegan sausage rolls are amazing & I’m a meat eater.

Greggs are often on too good to go app too, had a massive bag of sandwiches, pasties & cakes for £2.79. Definitely worth a try if anyone has it available to them.

Edited as noticed it’s already been mentioned 😳

Reactions: 6

IngressUK

VIP Member
My biggest gripe with Greggs is that the food in their front facing 'hot' counters is always lukewarm at best. Where you get items such as Pizzas, bakes, pasties, etc.

So although it is great you can get a slice of Pizza and Coffee for around £2 after 4pm, it is usually barely hot.

I've discovered that Greg's bake food then allow it to cool off in those cabinets, as so to avoid paying the 'pasty tax'.

Would it really cost a huge amount more for items to be served hot?

The other option is to wait for things to come out of the oven.

Reactions: 5

under the ivy

VIP Member
Steak bake and a caramel custard doughnut for me, ta!

I like their mexican chicken sandwich if I don’t fancy a pasty. Although if you’re northern, it’s all about Cooplands bakery!

Kim Mild

VIP Member
There's loads of Gregg's in Newcastle City centre , and every town in the North east seems to have at least 1. If there isn't a Gregg's , ,its probably a village.

orlyb1310

VIP Member
What do you find good and bad at Greggs?

I used to be a bit snobby about them when I was younger. Thought they were chavvy etc. But they're a massive convenience for work and I tend to use them a fair bit.

I find all the baguette sandwiches decent. Any other sandwich though isn't great, the bread just isn't that nice.

The sausage rolls are pretty nice. Good flavour

Pizzas are diabolical

Didn't think much of the vegan sausage roll after all the hype but apparently they've changed the recepie now

I've not ventured much into their sweet stuff so don't really know if it's any good. Willing to give it a shot though. Think I've had the doughnuts in the past and don't remember them being too bad.
Omg stop I love the cheese and tomato pizza 😂 obviously not the finest Italian cuisine but it tastes of childhood

Snippysnips

VIP Member
I've been enjoying the magic bags from greggs, here greggs are charged for ditching food so now they do these magic bags an it's all food that is going out the next day or only has a few days left on it, it's random what you get but I've enjoyed the majority of what I get, usually get a few rolls/baguettes, yumyums, cakes, pastas, donghnuts etc an it's around £3

• Wow
Reactions: 4

The212

I like their donuts, I haven’t had one for a couple of years but there was a Greggs right next to my old workplace so I would go there most days for donuts lol

While I like the baguettes I do also find them a bit too tough sometimes? The roof of my mouth will be sore after

Tublet83

VIP Member
My all time favourite a pink iced split is baked at Greggs, told the lady in Greggs I was so happy they were back in the menu and she said they had people crying earlier in the week because corned beef pasties were back 🤣

• Haha

eyeballs

VIP Member
They don’t sell bread!! I went in and asked for a load of bread they looked at me like i had lost the plot.

• Haha

Smallpotato

VIP Member
I can’t believe the hate around the pizzas! I love them! I love the ham and cheese toasties too.

grumpycat

VIP Member
South west here and there’s not much else other than greggs. We had a few Redlands bakeries but they closed during covid.

My brother was dragged up on greggs sausage rolls, my mum would walk through the shopping centre and have to get him a sausage roll to last the school run. I don’t ever recall his pushchair not being covered in pastry crumbs.

They used to do the white iced doughnuts with chocolate drizzled on top - they were so good! I believe once upon a time they used to a proper pizza baguette, like half a baguette with pizza toppings. That was lush! Am a big fan of the vegan sausage roll but sometimes it can be too dry

My husband moved up from way down south and had never been to greggs until he was 25. He is still now always excited at the thought of a greggs he can’t NOT go in one.

Anyway that turned out to be more of a personal anicodote than I anticipated 😂

Damita

I've never been in a Greggs or tried any of their food as their nearest one to me is miles away and I don't drive. I've always felt so left out over that! :ROFLMAO:

• Wow