Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Yeah I've read the same and it's only if they get into the final or semi final that they get the ingredients paid for. Not sure if it is the same this year though
You'd think at £25m a series the production company could afford to pay for ingredients.

Reactions: 10

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Gutted for who left this week, it was obviously the right decision, I just loved her a lot.

Not sure how I feel about Japanese week as a theme.

Reactions: 10

Restless Native

VIP Member
I’m really going off Noel in the show, I’m wondering if it’s because I find his and Matt’s ‘jokes’ fall flat. Also I know he doesn’t cook or bake and has taking the micky out of the show before, I’m starting to wonder if he’s being genuine when he talks to contestants or speaks to Prue and Paul at the end when they decide who goes.
I don't mind Noel. I'm not warming to Matt at all though I miss Sandy

Reactions: 9

whatamievendoing

Is it just me that thought Prue salivating over Dave's jelly cake design was a bit much?? Like yeah it was nice but Hermine's was 10x better but Prue didn't seem nearly as excited lol...maybe it (Dave's) looked better in person 🤷‍♀️

• Haha

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
I saw a clip of Dave trying to figure out kawaii last night on Extra Slice and he had more personality in those few seconds than the whole of the series so far. I think he's super aware and self conscious and that makes him seem overly serious and cold.
I still think he's got serial killer eyes 👀

• Haha

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Oh yeah, he's into a girl nearly every time, just doesn't mean he gets what he wants. Two can play that game.
It's just grim how he thinks women want his doughy hands over them.

He's an overweight, orange, egotistical, sex obsessed, TV personality. Maybe he will try become Prime Minister some day.

• Haha

malolo

VIP Member
its weird because I find Laura more and more unlikeable, I find her really negative and moany and huffy and I don't enjoy watching her clips. In fact I don't really like any of the finalists this year! They dont have the usual calibre of bakers thats for sure this year.
I understand what you mean, I don't like Laura but I find her more likeable than I did at the very beginning. Her attitude towards the technical annoyed me because she's barely known what any of them have been before, same as the others, so it just seemed like a sympathy tactic. She seems to wear her messy clumsy nature as a badge of honour, and I'm not sure she's really wanted to change it.

I thought you could tell the comments from previous rounds were going to Peter's head last night by some of the comments he was making about his own showstopper during the bake. Could have been youthful arrogance but it wasn't a good look.

PoppyKittens

The technical was set up to fail for the drama. It needs about 3 hours of steaming. They only had 2 and a half, in which they had to do all the prep work too.

50sGirl

VIP Member
She’s not a slob at all. I think she’s lovely. It’s a good job she’s a Samaritan volunteer. She has the tools to not let the nasty Twitter trolls destroy her. I hope she wins. She has more personality too compared to two male finalists.
I know! I was disagreeing with someone who was calling her a slob!
I like her too. As I’ve previously posted, I really don’t understand the Laura hate on here.

aimzalicious

VIP Member
Just read on twitter that Luis from bake off 2014 passed from cancer. How sad he wasn’t even 50
Oh that's such sad news, I remember him because he was from the town I'm from in Greater Manchester. He made one of my family's favourite places to visit out of caramel! It's called The Cage at Lyme Park if any other fellow Mancunian's recognise it:

1604407170156.png

Terrible news, rest in peace Luis.

• Heart

Jg182

Pleased for Peter. He worked hard for it! So jealous of the big gathering just laughing together 😌
Made we really miss my old work place where we used to do a bake off sweep stake every year.... was made redundant in October but was off from July... it’s been a sad year!!

• Sad
  • Heart