Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

50sGirl

VIP Member
It must hurt tho to think people think you don’t deserve your place. Yes she’s messy, yes she drops things but she’s made some stunning things too yet people seem to forget that!
Sadly I don’t think she’d be getting as much abuse on SM if she wasn’t a larger lady.

• Sad
Reactions: 10

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Literally every technical challenge. A load of obscure bakes nobody has ever heard of. Was much better when the technicals were Jaffa cakes and fondant fancies.
Agree although I do like seeing new things I’ve not heard of especially if they are pretty to look at. I suppose eventually they will run out of ‘mainstream’ things to bake though so they have to branch out.

I can’t get round the flavours used in most of their bakes, far too fancy for my tastes😂 I know they have to be creative, but I don’t think cardamom, ginger, strawberry and nut cake is for me....

Lilykins

VIP Member
Yeah was shocked none of them could pull of a decent brownie, but guess they were all trying too hard to impress. Lottie was right when she said if one of them had just done something simple they would have done well!
I actually like Matt and he has made me laugh on many occasions, I like his off beat humour and especially after this dire year I’m appreciating it. However I know he isn’t everyone’s cup of tea and I was massively sceptical when he was announced . Mel and Sue did bring a warmth that is missing, a long with Dame Mary. Sadly that’s passed now so I just take it for what it is now, I think they are leaning into the kooky/off the wall funny element.

hrh89

VIP Member
Honestly couldn’t believe it when Noel said he was 47!! Makes sense because he’s been around for years but he could easily pass as early thirties in my opinion 😂 absolutely adore him he seems like such a nice guy and so funny. Loved him since Boosh but I know that’s not everyone’s cup of tea.

• Wow

malolo

VIP Member
Very true. What is strange though, on IG Laura produces beautiful bakes
That's not really strange. She'll have all the time in the world to produce something at home, no production crew or presenters interrupting her, familiar equipment, no pressure etc.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Oh I know right?!? Again fair play to him that he was confident in what he’d done but chill out mate, you’d already impressed them and got the best feedback. No need to appear to be quite so smug!!
They tried all three of Dave's so I think it was only fair that they tried all three of Peter's.

I love Peter and don't find him annoying, but there was definitely something different about him last night! Me and my flatmate were joking that someone had slipped him a Xanax or some kind of relaxant 😂 He was acting very differently to the stressed out Peter from the week before.
Well to be fair, it was all going well for him this week, easy to be relaxed compared to last week when everything went wrong and he nearly went home. I prefer happy relaxed Peter personally.

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Glad I'm not the only one not liking Dave. My husband thinks he's smug. I think he's got serial killer eyes! Either way, I don't want to see him in the final.

Ah I like Rowan. He reminds me of Christopher Biggins.

Not loving Lottie. Find her sarcastic and a bit bitchy.

Norn Iron Mark is my favourite.

BelleAmie

VIP Member
I can’t get round the flavours used in most of their bakes, far too fancy for my tastes😂 I know they have to be creative, but I don’t think cardamom, ginger, strawberry and nut cake is for me....
Same, why ruin a perfectly good* brownie with figs and cheesecake?!

*I’m using the phrase ‘perfectly good’ very loosely as obviously the brownies were a disaster :rolleyes:

• Haha

bolimepipi

VIP Member
i really think laura should have left weeks ago and that has nothing to do with the fact that they judge based on that week only, because there were many weeks when she was the worst.
however, going anywhere beyond that is disgusting. people still don't understand what consequences their stupid bullying can have.
and i think it's lovely that paul showed her support like that. 💜

• Heart

Lilykins

VIP Member
Wasn’t sure about Matt Lucas when they announced him but have just watched episode one and I loved him on it! A little ray of sunshine and lightheartedness which I loved, and thought him and Noel worked well together!
This is the kind of viewing we desperately need in 2020!!
I like Peter so far, can’t remember other names yet!!

• Heart

aimzalicious

VIP Member
So sad Linda is gone, she was my fave. Can't wait to see her on Extra Slice though. I'm rooting for Mark and Peter for finalists now. The standard of bakes felt much so much higher than last week. I wonder what bright colour t-shirt Dave will wear next week 😂

Japanese week next time sounds interesting - I've visited Japan before and their baked goods are bloody delish, I don't know how they do it but everything has a "soft" and light texture, not sure how else to describe it. Even Japanese white bread from their 7/11 stores is amazing.

Last edited: