Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

IrishGal2020

VIP Member
Anyone seen Paul Hollywood's post on his insta? Talking about people trolling Laura.
At the same time though everyone's saying Hermine had a bad week but Laura's technical was shocking it was a mess. Hermine was the only one who even did what they had asked. They were much the same for the signature and Laura's showstopper was a mess too. Maybe it tasted great but she has been scraping by every week and it wasn't just the viewers who seen that. For Paul Hollywood to say it is based only on that week is bullshit imo. I feel like the put more pressure on Hermine this week to do well than everyone else and to call her a failure and disappointing was really unprofessional and quite nasty from the judges, so Paul can take a leaf out of his own book on that one.

Reactions: 9

IrishGal2020

VIP Member
I just think it was a bit unfair for mak to be sent home instead of rowan. I like them both btw but even when discussing it with Noel and Matt the judges did say that rowan didn’t take in any advice they were giving him? Seemed unfair to Mak..

IrishGal2020

VIP Member
I feel like lottie always gets told hers isn't great but "great flavours" to make up for the fact that she isn't the best but Paul need an "attractive" girl around

Glaschelle

VIP Member
I've only started watching Bake Off this year. And I love how I sit in my living room, eating crisps critising people doing stuff I've never heard of 😂😂😂

It's a pretty open field I think. Basically one bas day and you're out.

I'm just in the middle of watching 2018 bake off and the 2 I thought were dead certs for the final Dan and Jon are out. Where as Ruby and Briony who were really shaky at the start got to the semi final. So you just don't know how it'll go.

But bake off will now be on my t.v. calendar 🍩🎂🍰🥧

• Heart

DowntoearthDawn

VIP Member
Y’all do know it’s edited right? She may well have thanked him and we didn’t see. Or she was having an absolute ‘mare and manners slipped.

She was clearly out of her depth for those out there gunning for her (not necessarily her ...but a little bit) so there was the schadenfraud right?

Loved her commitment to fake tan and also the grey/blonde of her hair.
And I loved her comment when Noel said it’ll be life changing to win and she said she already loves her life.

Omg so angry about that decision, twitter is on fire too. Wtf were they thinking she was technically superior to Laura the whole way through. How can one just one bad bake have gotten her kicked out. Fuming 😤

HarderFaster

VIP Member
I finished watching on catch up nearly an hour ago and still periodically crying at the end montage 😭

Lovely Luis ❤

• Heart

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Oh my God! I was clasping at straws when the judges said about focusing on the showstopper for the decision, but still didn't expect Peter to survive.

I'm happy for Peter because I love him, but it's so tough for Marc when Laura is still there when she should've gone weeks ago.

HubIreLovesMnD

Hi all, few thoughts,

- Peter deserved it, by the teensiest of margins. Dave improved incredibly during the show though
- How in the name of god did Dave manage being away from his pregnant GF for that long. How did his GF agree?
- Hermine will be sickened. She could have won it, I reckon she would have done great in technical and the signature, they were both up her street

Comewhinewithme

VIP Member
I agree I miss mel & Sue, they definitely brought some energy, Mel that time she leaned on someones bakes and squashed them and Sue always seemed like that comforting big sister. Love Noel he has a nice vibe. Hate how they edit Paul to make eyes as every young contestant (haha or maybe it isnt edited)

Brownies were 💩💩 but I appreciate these people giving up their time during a pandemic to entertain me 😂

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
I thought Nadine's accent was very strong Norther Irish. John's Scouse accent stood out too.

I really like it when people keep their original accent and don't change it for the camera etc.

My own accent is very strong and even though I haven't lived in the place where I grew up in over 20 years, I've never lost my accent and I would never try to. I think so many people put on a fake one in order to try and 'blend in'.

I though they were all very nice tonight and the person who won (won't post a spoiler) was a deserved winner.

Ding

VIP Member
Im not warming to any of the bakers really this year and as a few others have said, the standard of baking doesnt seem as high this year.
I also miss Sandi 😒 not warmed to Matt and never really warmed to Prue either. Perfect judges/presenters for me would be Paul, Mary, Noel & Sandi. Oh and the contestant Val that was on a few years ago should be in every series, she was brilliant 😂

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Luis was lovely. So sad to hear of his passing. Not even 50 :( 2014 was the best series. They were all really nice contestants with the exception of the horrible Diana :mad:

I wanted to see a Mark/Marc/Linda final. If Marc goes tonight, I don't know if I'll even bother watching the rest of it. Peter and Hermine are alright. Don't like any of the other three. If Laura does go tonight, I'll be disgusted. Disgusted because she should have gone last week and Mark should still be there.

• Heart
Reactions: 8