Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Say What

Chatty Member
This year’s contestants overall aren’t as good as last year. There were some high contenders last year. So far my favourites are Marc, Irish Mark, Peter and Linda. I have a lot of admiration for Marc who lost his leg and is a single dad. Irish Mark is just lovely and produces good stuff. Peter is very sweet and I like the fact that he tries different things. Linda is just so sweet, she was so brave yesterday talking about her daughter. Lottie seems to think relying on flavour alone is ok 🙄 Laura is a bit hit and miss. David has flavour issues. Lottie was lucky not to get the boot last night and really she survived because Sura’s showstopper was raw. I never really forgave Sura for knocking over David’s cakes...I know it was an accident but it was really careless which I thought I was a bit poor considering that this is a high stakes competition.

Reactions: 9

Lola UK

VIP Member
It’s like bake off junior on cbbc!

I assume lots of people couldn’t self isolate or whatever theyve done for covid so they’ve had to just go with who was available?

IrishGal2020

VIP Member
I can't help but feel this will be another unfair showstopper beats everything else situation. Where Hermine has done actually quite well in the first too but Laura's showstopper was slightly better taste wise. If that's what happens I'll be annoyed.

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
Seen Laura crying about trolls and hate online again. I personally haven't seen any personal comments, everything is just related to how she shouldn't have made it to the final. 🙄 I find her so jarring
I think she wants to be a victim almost. The only comments I’ve seen are people saying how is she still in not Hermine - nothing particularly nasty or personal about her. All the contestants have had a degree of ‘nasty comments’ I.e they’re cocky or big headed or look like a serial killer or they’re negative but it’s hard to argue these are trolling more so than just a comment made in passing.

IrishGal2020

VIP Member
I can't help but feel this will be another unfair showstopper beats everything else situation. Where Hermine has done actually quite well in the first too but Laura's showstopper was slightly better taste wise. If that's what happens I'll be annoyed.
Edit ... especially as Laura did very poorly in the first two challenges and has scraped by the skin of her teeth every week. If she is the reason hermine goes home I'll be so so annoyed

Fair play to those lads especially Noel for calling out Laura there. He's absolutely right

DigiDuino

She has dyspraxia. I seen it on a dyspraxia group I’m in
Shes doing fantastically in my opinion then! Also dyspraxic and the mess I would have made of that kitchen would have been far worse!

Made a babka the other week, tasted fantastic but my kitchen looked like a bomb had went off

• Heart

Droosie123

VIP Member
Does anybody think Laura could pull it out the bag and win Bake Off???

I'm new to the series. Only started watching this year but I've gone back and watched the C4 series. And a couple of years, they've had brilliant bakers who've fecked it up spectacularly in the final.

Now Peter and Dave have both had bad weeks so I'm hoping they've got that out their system.

But you never know!!! May be it could all come together for Laura in the final 😂😂😂
Despite what PH says, I think in the final they look back as a whole for the winner, that's why I think Peter has it in the bag.

Laura is messy but tbh I think they are all under a lot of pressure. I'm very messy when I bake and am also clumsy as I am dyspraxic, I do wonder if Laura might be as well. Coupled with the time pressure I can see why that might make her clumsiness and messy nature appear worse. Plus I've seen some horrible abusive and fat shaming comments online (thankfully not here) which I hope Laura never reads.

David is excellent but hasn't had the same success as Peter. My guess though is that the final will come down to him or Peter but suspect Peter will just edge it.

Enid Swamp

She is saying repeatedly opinions are fine, vitriol isn’t it. All GBBOs competitors get it, not sure why the consensus here is she’s making it up. And if she got just one shot of shit and it upset her she’s entitled to address it I’d have thought.

bolimepipi

VIP Member
i also think after watching the last episode that hermine could win :) i would've bet on peter until this episode. but we will see, maybe he just had a bad weekend!
very sad to see marc e go, he was one of my favorites and seems like such a lovely, kind man.
laura needs to go, she's not on the same level as the rest of them are and was supposed to be out a while ago, not sure what's saving her. the moving pizza oven story? 🍕
as for dave.. just waiting for him to include some human fingers in a recipe 💀🦴🦷 to be fair to him, other than the serial killer eyes, i think he's just awkward in front of the camera. he seems to be a decent guy
can't wait for the semifinal now!!

FakeSmile

VIP Member
So excited about this!! I used to treat myself to a cake (shop bought! Shhhs!) once a week to have while watching but I’ve been eating cake almost every day in lockdown so... I will continue eating shop bought cake every day including bake off day and dreaming that Dan Levy (Schitt’s Creek and also used to be a host on the great Canadian bake off) could be a host on our show!
We have a tradition where we eat whatever the week befores theme/bakes were. So if last week it was pastry week we go to town on the danishes for the next weeks show!

• Haha
  • Heart

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
I started off this series liking Matt but as the weeks have gone on I find him a bit cringeworthy and I don't feel like the contestants know which way to take him. I find Noel funny but I think if I was in the tent I'd find him a bit off-putting. I really like Hermine, she makes me laugh. Can't believe they all did so badly with the steamed puddings, and then for Prue to say they needed longer, it doesn't make sense - give them longer then! It really feels purposeful - same as last week with the ice cream cakes in the boiling hot tent.

Laura reminds me of Louise Pentland. Bit of a random observation though lol.

Vanillaco

VIP Member
Just caught the end of Extra Slice, why am I not surprised that Jools Holland is closing the show on his bloody piano. The man can't do anything without getting involved and playing a piano.
he just reemided me of my likely choice of new years eve activities- early bed or miserably sitting up until 12.05 am thinking ' why am I watching this shit again on new years eve when I could be in bed?'

• Haha

Enid Swamp

Great episode. What a smasher Hermine is - she’s got the skills and the personality. Her jelly cake was stunning.

Sad to see lovely Mark go but he took it in the right spirit. He’s a smasher too.

I fancy the arse off Noel so I would have real focus issues if I ever ended up in the tent (never). I love him and Matt together, they love each other.