Great British Bake Off 2020

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love that they were all pretty crap, it makes the bakes seem more achievable and eases my sense of inadequacy: Wonky, over boiled, over baked bagel? Yes I think I can manage that.

Plus I loved Rowan's pear tree thingy-ma-jig, but I agree he had to go. I was very happy for star baker and his disaster with the buttermilk did make me chuckle.

I really have gone off Sura but warming to Hermine. Peter is still my fave but have a soft spot for Linda.

Dave I just cannot warm too and I get too preoccupied trying to figure out who he reminds me of.

I thought i would utterly dislike Matt Luca as I was never a fan of Little Britain but I do find him kind of 'cute'.

I also DO NOT CARE ABOUT PIZZA OVENS.
It was driving me nuts [] until it finally dawned on me that some of his facial expressions look very like Russell Kane.

Reactions: 1
Does anyone have a favourite yet? Usually I've warmed to someone at this stage but I'm not sure. I like Linda and both Marks. I like wee Peter too!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I dont have any favourites yet, their all a bit average this year. In dedication of chocolate week im watching with a box of Brookie Bites from the asda. White chocolate pieces on a brownie so like cookies & cream brownies, i recommend 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I dont have any favourites yet, their all a bit average this year. In dedication of chocolate week im watching with a box of Brookie Bites from the asda. White chocolate pieces on a brownie so like cookies & cream brownies, i recommend 😂
Sounds delicious!! Just a foxes extra chocolatey cookie for me this week (still delicious)

Laura's Apron makes me ill. How does she get it that dirty? Hallion

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Does anyone have a favourite yet? Usually I've warmed to someone at this stage but I'm not sure. I like Linda and both Marks. I like wee Peter too!
Peter is my man this year. And I do love Linda. She kind of reminds me of Nancy from a few years back, understated, but very good and maybe a dark horse.

Everyone says Bake Off is all nice and friendly, but the judging can be so brutal at times. At least Mary Berry tried to wrap up her criticism in a bow. And then Mel and Sue would inevitably make some daft comment to distract from the criticism. Prue and Paul together just feel a bit too harsh at times, and you don't get that distraction comment from Noel/Sandi/Matt.

Reactions: 6
I don’t think these bakers are very good... 🤣 how have they all fucked up brownies

• Haha
Reactions: 16
They're all a bit crap aren't they. Wouldn't it be good if they did a year of the best bakers from the previous years. I would like that

Reactions: 12
It’s like bake off junior on cbbc!

I assume lots of people couldn’t self isolate or whatever theyve done for covid so they’ve had to just go with who was available?

Reactions: 9
It’s like bake off junior on cbbc!

I assume lots of people couldn’t self isolate or whatever theyve done for covid so they’ve had to just go with who was available?
I think the grueling filming schedule is going to have an impact on the bakes. Normally it's filming each weekend, with a week in between to practice. Now it's two days I believe between "weekends" so they just don't have the same amount of time to practice. Even if it is two full solid practice days - I don't know how it works with ingredients available for practice, whether the bakers have to pay for them themselves or not. I'm sure I read they had to pay for ingredients used in the actual show. Though that might be wrong.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I think the grueling filming schedule is going to have an impact on the bakes. Normally it's filming each weekend, with a week in between to practice. Now it's two days I believe between "weekends" so they just don't have the same amount of time to practice. Even if it is two full solid practice days - I don't know how it works with ingredients available for practice, whether the bakers have to pay for them themselves or not. I'm sure I read they had to pay for ingredients used in the actual show. Though that might be wrong.
Yeah I've read the same and it's only if they get into the final or semi final that they get the ingredients paid for. Not sure if it is the same this year though

Reactions: 1
Yeah I've read the same and it's only if they get into the final or semi final that they get the ingredients paid for. Not sure if it is the same this year though
You'd think at £25m a series the production company could afford to pay for ingredients.

Reactions: 10