Great British Bake Off 2020

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They’re all a bit tit aren’t they? Lottie’s hair gives me the boak and everything Laura bakes seems to be raw 😂. I do like Irish Mark, Peter and Linda though

Reactions: 3
I'm pretty shocked they all managed to mess up brownies. I mean... it's a brownie??? Why overcomplicate it?

I must say I love Linda more and more every week. I was so sad to hear about her speak about her daughter this week, she seems like such a cheerful woman and has a great outlook on life despite what happened. She just has fun with her husband and throws herself into everything! ❤

Agreed about Matt's jokes falling flat. I thought maybe he's just finding his stride with presenting, but it's 4 episodes in now and he still makes me cringe everytime he's on screen or attempting to talk to contestants. It's painfully obvious how awkward Matt is when they cut to Noel having a laugh with a contestant.

Reactions: 17
The competition does be over two days, so why do they all wear the same clothes on both days? Never understood this.

Reactions: 2
The competition does be over two days, so why do they all wear the same clothes on both days? Never understood this.
Production probably insists to make continuity easier. That way, they can build a narrative by using clips from either day.

Reactions: 8
Okay hear me out with this one because I realise it’s a bit random, but not only does Dave have serial killer eyes, he kinda reminds me of Lee from Steps. Anyone else see it ...?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I do. And I think he’s a bit thick.

They’re predominantly crap I love it. LOVE Laura’s resting witch face 😁

Not sure that was quite right re Sura.

Reactions: 2
I can’t believe how badly they all did with brownies 🙄 even I can manage some decent ones using a Jamie Oliver recipe. When Sura turned out a raw sponge I knew she was a gonner.. the standards are just not as good this series 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 7
They couldn't win on brownies. If they went for a simple brownie, you just know the judges would've said it was too simple. So they all complicated it and fucked it up.

Reactions: 14
I feel like Lottie would have gone last night if it wasn’t for Paul fancying her :rolleyes:

Reactions: 15
I for one love that they are all crap, I have said before it makes me feel less inadequate. The times I have opened the oven to a disaster and just cannot understand why. I am surprised no-one has a melt down and stomps about screaming " fuckety duck duck" whilst slamming it in the bin; I may have done this a few times. I remember a bearded guy once slamming his ice cream cake thing in the bin and he was roasted for it but I was feeling him.

I agree with @STJ_95 They over complicated it because P&P would have gone in if they had made a simple brownie.

Peter is still my favourite but I pretty much like all of them except Dave (serial killer vibes)

Reactions: 17
This year’s contestants overall aren’t as good as last year. There were some high contenders last year. So far my favourites are Marc, Irish Mark, Peter and Linda. I have a lot of admiration for Marc who lost his leg and is a single dad. Irish Mark is just lovely and produces good stuff. Peter is very sweet and I like the fact that he tries different things. Linda is just so sweet, she was so brave yesterday talking about her daughter. Lottie seems to think relying on flavour alone is ok 🙄 Laura is a bit hit and miss. David has flavour issues. Lottie was lucky not to get the boot last night and really she survived because Sura’s showstopper was raw. I never really forgave Sura for knocking over David’s cakes...I know it was an accident but it was really careless which I thought I was a bit poor considering that this is a high stakes competition.

Reactions: 9
Yeah I think Sura was worse, her cake was pure raw and sideways looking. At least Lottie’s looked presentable.

I thought it was fair who went last night. I think if it hadn’t been for Sura’s showstopper Lottie definitely would have gone, but you can’t really excuse a raw cake that was completely inedible.