Great British Bake Off 2020

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The right person went this week.

Noel's outfit was straight fire 🔥🔥🔥 especially the boots! And his shirt looks cool in the next week preview too. I like Lottie's eye makeup. Does anyone else feel the standard of baker is lower this year? I know that sounds really mean and I don't intend it in that way at all, but usually there's a number of stand out contestants.

Also next week: chocolate week and a heatwave, name a more iconic pairing 😂

Reactions: 17
I really don't need to hear about Laura's pizza oven anymore!
Are they spending far longer on the bakers fami!ies this year? Im not really bothered enough about them to hear about their pizza ovens/ bars/pregnant girlfriends every week!

Reactions: 6
I love that they were all pretty crap, it makes the bakes seem more achievable and eases my sense of inadequacy: Wonky, over boiled, over baked bagel? Yes I think I can manage that.

Plus I loved Rowan's pear tree thingy-ma-jig, but I agree he had to go. I was very happy for star baker and his disaster with the buttermilk did make me chuckle.

I really have gone off Sura but warming to Hermine. Peter is still my fave but have a soft spot for Linda.

Dave I just cannot warm too and I get too preoccupied trying to figure out who he reminds me of.

I thought i would utterly dislike Matt Luca as I was never a fan of Little Britain but I do find him kind of 'cute'.

I also DO NOT CARE ABOUT PIZZA OVENS.

Reactions: 7
I can’t decide if the bakers are a bit tit this year, or if the challenges are too advanced this early on in the competition!

I really like Matt Lucas, I think a lot of people typecast him from his little Britain days (understandable tbh) and admittedly I couldn’t stand him in doctor who but I think he’s in his element here and suits it well.

Don’t really have a favourite at this point, although think Sura is a bit surly. Lottie reminds me of Candice. it’s weird as I don’t really see any of the bakers shining, I’m not sitting there going ‘yes, there’s my favourite/there’s the winner’. I don’t know what it is, maybe it’s too early to really tell or maybe I just don’t pay enough attention 😂

Reactions: 7
It could be because they had to go into a 6 week bubble rather than film at weekends (I think, I could be wrong) This may have something to do with the quality of the bakers - maybe. I think I like that they are not quite as polished.

Reactions: 4
I like Hermine, both Mark’s (Marc?) and Peter. I think Peter is very innovative with his baking and has interesting ideas. I could see him winning. He doesn’t seem the type to have an awful bake, very practiced and consistent.

Dave I really can’t warm to. No personality of sense of humour and I just get the feeling he’s a bit controlling somehow. Makes me feel uneasy.

Sura I’ve gone right off. At first I thought she just had a dry sense of humour but actually I find her to be arrogant and cold.

Lottie I didn’t warm to in the beginning but I quite like her now.

Reactions: 5
I like Hermine, both Mark’s (Marc?) and Peter. I think Peter is very innovative with his baking and has interesting ideas. I could see him winning. He doesn’t seem the type to have an awful bake, very practiced and consistent.

Dave I really can’t warm to. No personality of sense of humour and I just get the feeling he’s a bit controlling somehow. Makes me feel uneasy.

Sura I’ve gone right off. At first I thought she just had a dry sense of humour but actually I find her to be arrogant and cold.

Lottie I didn’t warm to in the beginning but I quite like her now.
Agree with all of the above! I'm not big on Laura something about her I don't like and I really liked Rowan for his attitude and personality but he was the right person to go. Hope he's having a nice day wherever he is 🤣

Agree with all of the above! I'm not big on Laura something about her I don't like and I really liked Rowan for his attitude and personality but he was the right person to go. Hope he's having a nice day wherever he is 🤣
Yes I loved Rowan, lovely person but definitely the right one to go. Laura I don’t have much to say about. Find her a bit boring really!

Reactions: 3
I picked Irish Mark as my favourite the first week (not necessarily who I think will win, just who I like) He's still my favourite. I like Linda too and found myself warming to the other Marc last night. I did like Rowan. I was sorry to see him go.

I don't mind Hermine, not sure what to think of Peter yet.

I don't like Dave or Lottie at all, not too keen on Sura or Laura either.

Reactions: 2
I can so see Lottie and Noel together.. they have natural chemistry.

Sure always looks terrified when they speak to her...deer in headlights

Reactions: 3
I’m just impressed with Linda, after a shocking first weeks she is pulling it out the bag! Dark horse!

Reactions: 8
Really can’t stand Matt. I really liked Sandi and Noel together. Matt just feels like Noel’s weird mate they brought along because they felt sorry for him, he doesn’t fit in well at all for me.
Sura looks like she doesn’t want to be there. Also her eyes are like Princess Beatrice as in they go like round saucers at any moment.
Marc without the leg is my favourite at the moment. Though I quite like Hermine. We saw a bit more of her personality which was good.

I think it's a measure of the series going downhill in general that I would still have to look up the bakers everyone mentioned because
I don't know their names yet.

Spill this tea!!

Not a fan of Lottie either. Comes across as having an attitude problem and being a bit scuzzy as well. & seriously how much eye make up does she need. The cameras seem to focus on her a lot, feels like they want her to be the next Candice (who I wasn’t a fan of either but that’s down to knowing her pre bake off. The less said the better).

Last edited:
Reactions: 6