Great British Bake Off 2020

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh no, I hope I've not opened a can of worms of Kim-Joy loathers haha.

I couldn't bare Dan (I think that was his name, dark hair, full of himself). He definitely thought he was better than he was. He pulled faces everytime Rahul got star baker or a handshake!
I didn't like Dan either.

There's always a smug one every year, but no one will EVER be as smug as Ian from 2015.

I think 2014 was the best year. Some lovely contestants that year, Norman, Kate, Richard and poor Luis RIP :(

Reactions: 4
I couldn't bare Dan (I think that was his name, dark hair, full of himself). He definitely thought he was better than he was. He pulled faces everytime Rahul got star baker or a handshake!
Am with you on that, I always thought he seemed a bit bitchy

There's always a smug one every year, but no one will EVER be as smug as Ian from 2015.
Uuugh I hated him. He reminded me of nothing more than this guy from the Fast Show

• Haha
Both Kim Joy and Rahul annoyed me a bit tbh even though I liked their baking and they seemed nice. She just seemed so fragile and sweet I wanted her to pull out a pork pie and burp and he seemed constantly on the verge of a breakdown.

you know who i absolutely loved and can never forget? janet from series 2 :D she was so positive it makes me feel so nice everytime i watchit

you know who i absolutely loved and can never forget? janet from series 2 :D she was so positive it makes me feel so nice everytime i watchit
OMG Janet is one of my favourite contestants ever. I wish she was my Grandma. That was low key a great series. Her soft old-school Liverpool accent reminds me of my own grandparents 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 1
OMG Janet is one of my favourite contestants ever. I wish she was my Grandma. That was low key a great series. Her soft old-school Liverpool accent reminds me of my own grandparents 😭
exactly that's all i kept thinking, i wish i could have a third grandma janet :D

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Does anyone remember Kate from 2014? She was lovely. Her partner passed away suddenly last month.
They were due to get married last Saturday 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Did anyone watch the special tonight? Did Rosie look younger then she did when she appeared before? Or have I been on the drink too long?!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Did anyone watch the special tonight? Did Rosie look younger then she did when she appeared before? Or have I been on the drink too long?!
I thought that too. Was it the glasses maybe? She did a great job there in the tent.

Ruby annoyed the shite out of me. She's just SO cocky.

I thought that too. Was it the glasses maybe? She did a great job there in the tent.

Ruby annoyed the shite out of me. She's just SO cocky.
Could be but she looked great! And did a fantastic job as well.

Oh she is, wasn't a fan first time she was on either.

I said this to my mum, she looked glowing and like she'd lost a little bit of weight maybe? I couldn't quite put my finger on it but she looked really good!

Reactions: 3
Why do so many of the contestants appear to have really yellow teeth?
Because they haven't been through the TV industry polishing that z-listers to a-listers have been through which always includes teeth whitening as a minimum. You're used to everyone on TV having really white teeth from endless #gifted whitening.

And I imagine the lighting probably isn't flattering to teeth. Makes somewhat yellowed teeth look worse I assume.

Reactions: 5
Anyone else watch tonight's episode?
A worthy winner I thought.
Henry should have won in my opinion! That rhubarb showstopper he made was so beautiful. But then again I've always been Henry biased... Loved his sparkly jacket at the end too

Henry should have won in my opinion! That rhubarb showstopper he made was so beautiful. But then again I've always been Henry biased... Loved his sparkly jacket at the end too
I like Henry myself and his showstopper was lovely, but Rahul edged him out in the other two rounds.

Nancy didn't have a great crumble and then came last in the technical, but when they were deciding on the winner they were saying it could possibly be her?!
I was thinking wtf when I heard that, but I don't like her anyway so I may be biased.
I don't think she deserved to win in 2014. I think it should have been Luis (RIP 😔)

• Heart
I’m watching the Junior Bake Off for the first time ever (love the children, they are such great characters). The host is Harry Hill and his jokes are painful. Makes me wonder why bake off insist on having hosts that make painful jokes. I do enjoy Noel and I did like Sandi but even then together made really unfunny comedy.