Great British Bake Off 2020

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just watched on catch up. Also sobbed at the montage.

I have a feeling that Peter edged the win because they figured he’d be better at being famous than Dave
The production company wouldn't gain anything out of Peter winning or becoming famous. Nothing to say he'd want to go down that route anyway.

Although some (not sure if all?) of the winners have cookbooks and work in the industry I wouldn't say any of them are famous, except maybe Nadiya depending on your definition of famous.

Reactions: 6
Hi all, few thoughts,

- Peter deserved it, by the teensiest of margins. Dave improved incredibly during the show though
- How in the name of god did Dave manage being away from his pregnant GF for that long. How did his GF agree?
- Hermine will be sickened. She could have won it, I reckon she would have done great in technical and the signature, they were both up her street

Reactions: 9
I actually feel it was quite cruel to put Laura through to the final. She was clearly out of her depth and it really showed. All her bakes in the final were terrible looking, ok they may have tasted good but they certainly didn’t look good.

Reactions: 17
I actually feel it was quite cruel to put Laura through to the final. She was clearly out of her depth and it really showed. All her bakes in the final were terrible looking, ok they may have tasted good but they certainly didn’t look good.
I would agree it was a bit cruel to put her through to the final.

I thought she might just pull it out the bag. But her first bake was a disaster and it was business as usual. I don't bake but I'm sitting here thinking don't put that much liquid in your custard!!!

I was so pleased Peter won. But it was obviously very close between him and Dave (who's really grown on me)

Roll on next year!!!

Reactions: 7
Thrilled Peter won, his little face was pure joy to watch, the nervousness each week making his cheeks flush. Seems a genuinely lovely guy.

loved Laura too... I want to be her pal (and eat her messy cakes 🤣)

did not take to Dave whatsoever I’d have been fuming if he won. When Laura’s cake was being judged at the end and she was walking back to her bench he said some really patronising “well done Laura” or similar - he thought he had it in the bag-
Not helped by Noel basically telling him he had.

I wish Hermine had the opportunity to be in the final, her gelatin flower thing was insane!

Reactions: 3
Omg did anyone watch Dave propose to his girlfriend on Extra Slice just then? I welled up 🥲

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
awww no and i don't have access to it, how did he do it? :love:
Jo said at the end of his interview "that's the end of my questions, I believe you had a question of your own?" and he went over to his girlfriend who was in the crowd and made a cute speech and got down on one knee! 🥰

• Heart
Jo said at the end of his interview "that's the end of my questions, I believe you had a question of your own?" and he went over to his girlfriend who was in the crowd and made a cute speech and got down on one knee! 🥰
aww that's adorable

i would hate to be proposed to in public but the bake off would be an exception

Reactions: 3
aww that's adorable

i would hate to be proposed to in public but the bake off would be an exception
I always feel public proposals are for people who are scared the other person is goingvto say no. Altbough if my husband had proposed to me in public I would have taken it as proof he didnt understand me at all, so would have refused 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I always feel public proposals are for people who are scared the other person is goingvto say no. Altbough if my husband had proposed to me in public I would have taken it as proof he didnt understand me at all, so would have refused 😄
My husband proposed to me on a boat. We were sat in the middle. There was no-one in front of us thankfully, but the first thing I did was look behind us (also people free, phew). I'd have died on the spot of anyone else had been there and may have said no out of spite.

Reactions: 2
Eurgh... I find it rather gross. He was desperate for the win and this just comes as an attempt for publicity now that he’s lost, one last 5 mins of airtime and one last column in the dm. I’m sure he’ll pop up again selling the wedding pics in some mag. Wait for it....

Reactions: 6
Dave was the epitome of a Dave to me. I liked Laura but she was out of her depth - she can always say she's been in the Bake Off final tho.

I felt it was a really weak year to be honest. Just one of those things with COVID I guess.

I really don't see any appeal in Matt Lucas, he was totally unfunny at every turn.

It's probably already been said but why do so many contestants appear to have really yellow teeth?

I've spent the whole series trying to work out who I think Dave looks like, I've been so sure he looks familiar but couldn't work out who I thought he looked like. But I think I've worked it out, that he sort of reminds me of Lee from Steps. Might just be me though.

I've spent the whole series trying to work out who I think Dave looks like, I've been so sure he looks familiar but couldn't work out who I thought he looked like. But I think I've worked it out, that he sort of reminds me of Lee from Steps. Might just be me though.
I see what you mean, although he reminds me more of Russell Kane.