Great British Bake Off 2020

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Christmas Special on e4... with the lovely Val and Selasi

such memorable contestants!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Omg Bake Off: Best Bits is on and I feel emotional seeing Henry, Michael and #bingate Ian again 😂

Reactions: 6
Oh my the bin 🤣

Why did she take it out the freezer though?!
Because she was a two faced cow! I hated Diana.

I've got it on pause because I'm waiting for strudel to come out of the oven, so I'd better stay off this thread for a bit in case I see any spoilers.

Oh my the bin 🤣

Why did she take it out the freezer though?!
She was a dick, the fact she had a go at him and said: "you've got your own freezer" and removed his ice cream without even telling him!

I'd forgotten how truly inventive bakers from previous seasons were. The bloke that made an actual working well with a bucket that had white choc at the bottom? What a wizard!

Reactions: 13
That show just highlighted how rubbish this years show was IMO. I loved Kim joy and her animal creations.

Reactions: 15
It really showed the difference in standard between this year and other years. The showstoppers this year were mostly a bit meh. There were some stunning masterpieces other years. Also seemed to be missing creativity and quirkiness this year

Reactions: 8
It really showed the difference in standard between this year and other years. The showstoppers this year were mostly a bit meh. There were some stunning masterpieces other years. Also seemed to be missing creativity and quirkiness this year
i felt like that was not only down to the contestants, but also that the judges' selections of bakes were not creative or fun at all 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 2
I think the demands of the bakes were probably less than in previous years because of how it had to be filmed.

Normally each show is recorded on a separate weekend so the bakers have the build up to filming starting and then a week in between each 'week' to go home and practice and change anything that isn't working and practice some more and get feedback from family and friends etc.

This year they were in the bubble, they were filming the shows every three days I think it was. They didn't have the flexibility and time that they normally do in order to practice as much as they would or change things and get the necessary ingredients/equipment for those changes. Their support system wasn't as accessible and it would be harder to pick yourself up and turn things around if things didn't go well.

It would have been a lot more intense as a result and I think that's why things were seemingly simplified.

Reactions: 11
Just watching the ‘Great New Year Bake Off’ and the standard of presentation of the cakes really put GBBO 2020 to shame.

I'd never watched it before this year, but I loved it so much I've gone back to watch previous series. I just finished 2018 (I think?) and I absolutely loved Kim - Joy and Rahul. I don't think either of them had a true idea of how brilliant they actually were. Kim-Joy seemed like such a lovely lady, the type of person I can't imagine ever having anything negative to say about anyone ever!

Reactions: 5
Unpopular opinion alert: Kim-Joy annoyed the duck out of me.

I'm sorry but it's true!
She annoyed the duck out of me too. I was Team Rahul that year. My SIL absolutely loved Kim Joy and couldn't stand Rahul.

Guess which one of us was happier that year when the winner was announced 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
She annoyed the duck out of me too. I was Team Rahul that year. My SIL absolutely loved Kim Joy and couldn't stand Rahul.

Guess which one of us was happier that year when the winner was announced 😂
I was Team Rahul for the baking, and team the other girl for pure visual appeal!
I'm pretty sure the other girl (Ruby?) got by because Paul Hollywood was into her

Just watching the ‘Great New Year Bake Off’ and the standard of presentation of the cakes really put GBBO 2020 to shame.
They were stuck in a covid bubble tbf

They probably didn't get the same preparation and practice times like previous contestants

Oh no, I hope I've not opened a can of worms of Kim-Joy loathers haha.

I couldn't bare Dan (I think that was his name, dark hair, full of himself). He definitely thought he was better than he was. He pulled faces everytime Rahul got star baker or a handshake!