Great British Bake Off 2020

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I finished watching on catch up nearly an hour ago and still periodically crying at the end montage 😭

Lovely Luis ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Bloody thrilled it's not Laura. There's absolutely no way she should have been in the final. Even tonight she was making a complete mess everywhere.

Laura is dyspraxic which is why she makes a complete mess.

It's a hard thing to live with and affects nearly every area of your life, especially executive function skills .

Been living with it all my life so I cheered for Laura getting all the way to the tent and the final. My workstation would have looked the same as hers....no matter how hard I tried otherwise. Especially when under the same pressure.

Sick of people attacking her on Twitter and Instagram when they were not in the tent, took no part in the judging and had no idea about what her bakes tasted like. Good for her defending herself I say,

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m so pleased for Peter, a very deserving winner! He is a wonderful talent for someone so young.

Laura was completely out of her depth last night. The judges were very easy on her too, I doubt Dave or Peter would have been given the same grace.

Dave was lovely last night, trying to comfort Laura and help her, giving her his boards during the showstopper. She didn’t even thank him. I can understand her dyspraxia accounts for her messiness, but it doesn’t account for rudeness.

‘I was the worst of a good bunch’...erm no, your walnut whirl wasn’t set and went to mush on the plate?! Her attitude is what turns me off her.

Reactions: 8
I'm so intrigued to taste one of Laura's bakes, it was a common theme throughout that her "flavours were amazing" even if her presentation was not. I really want to try one🤣🤣

I think that's the issue with being a viewer, we judge solely on what something looks like but clearly Laura got through to the final by her bakes tasting amazing.

I am really pleased Peter won though, I think he really deserved it.

Reactions: 1
Y’all do know it’s edited right? She may well have thanked him and we didn’t see. Or she was having an absolute ‘mare and manners slipped.

She was clearly out of her depth for those out there gunning for her (not necessarily her ...but a little bit) so there was the schadenfraud right?

Loved her commitment to fake tan and also the grey/blonde of her hair.

Reactions: 6
Y’all do know it’s edited right? She may well have thanked him and we didn’t see. Or she was having an absolute ‘mare and manners slipped.

She was clearly out of her depth for those out there gunning for her (not necessarily her ...but a little bit) so there was the schadenfraud right?

Loved her commitment to fake tan and also the grey/blonde of her hair.
And I loved her comment when Noel said it’ll be life changing to win and she said she already loves her life.

Reactions: 9
I think she was sound. It’s not her problem the judges put her through, she had to have a go at it didn’t she?!

Reactions: 3
I will always remember Luis gold leaf-ing olives on Bake Off 😂 he was such a brilliant contestant. Very sad that he passed away.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Bloody thrilled it's not Laura. There's absolutely no way she should have been in the final. Even tonight she was making a complete mess everywhere.
Laura has dyspraxia which is why she makes such a mess and is quite clumsy. And since when does making a mess mean she's not a good baker?? Both Prue and Paul said her baking is excellent and hers was the only showstopper where every component was judged as delicious! Check out her Instagram to see exactly what she can do, she's an incredible baker, and seems like a genuinely lovely person too.

Dave was lovely last night, trying to comfort Laura and help her, giving her his boards during the showstopper. She didn’t even thank him. I can understand her dyspraxia accounts for her messiness, but it doesn’t account for rudeness.
Just because it wasn't on camera doesn't mean she didn't thank him after. In heat of the moment trying to do multiple things she was probably just focused on getting her bake finished... 🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
It was such a good episode I feel so sad it’s over now I feel empty inside 😥

I love Dave I was rooting for him to win but I’m still happy for Peter

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I just watched on catch up. Also sobbed at the montage.

I have a feeling that Peter edged the win because they figured he’d be better at being famous than Dave

• Haha
Reactions: 2