Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

onmylunchbreak

I’m so pleased for Peter, a very deserving winner! He is a wonderful talent for someone so young.

Laura was completely out of her depth last night. The judges were very easy on her too, I doubt Dave or Peter would have been given the same grace.

Dave was lovely last night, trying to comfort Laura and help her, giving her his boards during the showstopper. She didn’t even thank him. I can understand her dyspraxia accounts for her messiness, but it doesn’t account for rudeness.

‘I was the worst of a good bunch’...erm no, your walnut whirl wasn’t set and went to mush on the plate?! Her attitude is what turns me off her.

Reactions: 8

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I don't understand why they were all under steamed unless they did not give them enough time -Prue said another hours steaming and they would have been cooked so why not give them more time.
Yeah, if they were under steamed to that extent, an hour plus, definitely not enough time was given.

I've thought timings, especially for technicals are a bit too harsh sometimes.

It really showed the difference in standard between this year and other years. The showstoppers this year were mostly a bit meh. There were some stunning masterpieces other years. Also seemed to be missing creativity and quirkiness this year

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
It’s like bake off junior on cbbc!

I assume lots of people couldn’t self isolate or whatever theyve done for covid so they’ve had to just go with who was available?
I think the grueling filming schedule is going to have an impact on the bakes. Normally it's filming each weekend, with a week in between to practice. Now it's two days I believe between "weekends" so they just don't have the same amount of time to practice. Even if it is two full solid practice days - I don't know how it works with ingredients available for practice, whether the bakers have to pay for them themselves or not. I'm sure I read they had to pay for ingredients used in the actual show. Though that might be wrong.

• Wow

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I didnt watch last nights ep because I had an early night and I've just accidentally ruined who went last night and its fair to say I am FUMING!!! 1) because I wanted her to win and 2) because I bet my fella 20 quid she was gonna win 😔

• Haha

Enid Swamp

You must be very privileged if you’re able to think a fat woman who has displeased the general public has misread the abuse as simple disagreement.

• Heart

malolo

VIP Member
Maybe the reason Laura was laughing at the trolls (or whatever it was she said) is because she knew she got to the final. I'm just hoping it's not because she knows she wins it!

• Wow

kev1974

VIP Member
Marc reminds me of F1's Eddie Jordan

1600807458488.png
1600807504437.png

Found some of the Matt Lucas voiceover bits annoyingly childish.

Loved the drama of the pineapple upside down cakes getting smacked onto the floor by Sura, probably one of those annoying people who have no awareness of their surroundings!

• Haha

bolimepipi

VIP Member
i actually quite enjoyed the japanese week idea! :coffee: i hate matcha but i love all things japanese/kawaii

my favorite would have to be peter. seems to be a nice lad and he's very consistent and polite. love his accent as well

and yes unbelievable, whenever it's really hot, it's either ice cream or chocolate 😂 or a baked alaska of course 😂 #controversial

Doodlebug005

VIP Member
Still thinking about those doughnuts 😍
Might try to make them over xmas when the calorie counting goes out the window.
Aww sad Lottie went, same sense of humour as my good self! I like the cut of her jib!