Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Norbs

VIP Member
I really don’t understand the Laura hate.
A few weeks ago it was Dave with his “serial killer eyes”.
The judges have said each week that her flavours are great, just the presentation that is lacking.
I’m not really bothered who wins tbh now Marc has gone.

PS it drove me mad that Dave cut all his silicone cube holders, what a waste.
All three of them cut their silicone moulds, I think. It was only Peter who didn’t use them.

• Wow
Reactions: 7

DowntoearthDawn

VIP Member
I think it’s sad that they get trolled their just competing in a wholesome baking competition. Apparently Dave had to de activate his twitter account because of the trolls which makes me sad becuase I actually like Dave now I think he’s just a misunderstood introvert
I think Dave is just really nervous. And doesn’t find Noel and Matt funny. Fair play. I like Laura.

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Right, I'm going to just admit it: I fancy Dave a bit.
I like em awkward and a bit sinister (I mean I don't think he's at all sinister but I think that's how such awkwardness is often misconstrued)
I fancied him since the first show but I didn’t dare admit it 😅😂 so thankyou

• Haha
  • Heart

Enid Swamp

Has Dave got an ism? He’s proper different isn’t he?

I would like Hermine, Mark or Peter to win. That ice cream Christmas cake was so pretty.

• Haha

Vanillaco

VIP Member
I think Laura will win, she is so cocky online and Paul Hollywood got involved and publicly defended her (rightly so)!

And yes i totally agree the ice cream cake in a HOT TENT was just ridiculous and stupid. We all know that a good air con machine could have made that closed space chilled and breezy, but they didnt want to do that. I will be watching the final later...
I remember one final they made donuts... and the finals are usually more boring than i expect.. anyone agree?
a
I wish they’d stop giving them impossible challenges though, ice cream cake in a boiling tent in the middle of summer?? At least invest in air con then so they have a chance! And then they don’t give them enough time and stuff. It’s just not entertaining when the odds are so heavily stacked against the contestants.
Yes it makes the thing completely pointless because nothing looks good. The sussex pond pudding was just nonsense. To complain that no ones was cooked when it needed a 2 hour steam? Well maybe dont give them 2 1\2 hours to do something theyve never heard of!

Practically Perfect

Chatty Member
I love that they were all pretty crap, it makes the bakes seem more achievable and eases my sense of inadequacy: Wonky, over boiled, over baked bagel? Yes I think I can manage that.

Plus I loved Rowan's pear tree thingy-ma-jig, but I agree he had to go. I was very happy for star baker and his disaster with the buttermilk did make me chuckle.

I really have gone off Sura but warming to Hermine. Peter is still my fave but have a soft spot for Linda.

Dave I just cannot warm too and I get too preoccupied trying to figure out who he reminds me of.

I thought i would utterly dislike Matt Luca as I was never a fan of Little Britain but I do find him kind of 'cute'.

I also DO NOT CARE ABOUT PIZZA OVENS.

Effyslove

Yeah I think Sura was worse, her cake was pure raw and sideways looking. At least Lottie’s looked presentable.

Italy2

Chatty Member
Well deserved winner!!!
I’m an emotional mess though watching all the clips....and seeing that big group of people, I miss nornal life
Pleased for Peter. He worked hard for it! So jealous of the big gathering just laughing together 😌

Chunkeylaydee

VIP Member
I’ve discovered my manager’s son is friends with Peter. He’s doing well for a young lad. My Dd is just a bit younger and couldn’t do that well.

aimzalicious

VIP Member
I agree that Rowan should have gone, he's annoying the heck out of me, he needs to calm down with the elaborate shit

My friend said to me tonight that Paul is definitely gonna shag Lottie, I said nah he's not her type, she would definitely go for the rugged beardy Viking type! He is proper drooling over her though. She is very pretty.
Lottie is way too cool for Paul I think! She'd decimate him with her dry sense of humour lol

• Haha

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
I’ve really grown to like Noel presenting GBBO. I could never really get into Mighty Boosh so he wasn’t really on my radar before. But he’s quite funny and seems nice - think I’d miss him if he left the show. I also love his clothing style. I’ve tried really hard to warm to Matt this series and whilst some of his bits have been amusing it’s just not clicking for me. I feel like Noel and Matt’s comedy styles just don’t work well together.

I think Hermine will win.
I love Noel's wardrobe too. I'd happily wear a lot of it myself.

I wanted Irish Mark to win, but since that can't happen I'm going with remaining Marc.

• Heart

Norbs

VIP Member
I've spent the whole series trying to work out who I think Dave looks like, I've been so sure he looks familiar but couldn't work out who I thought he looked like. But I think I've worked it out, that he sort of reminds me of Lee from Steps. Might just be me though.
I see what you mean, although he reminds me more of Russell Kane.