Grackle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Idk it feels kinda redundant to nit-pick about somebody going to the shops just becuase they're privileged enough not to have to go multiple times a week. I need to go to the shops multiple times a week, I don't have a car, I can't afford to spend £40 on supermarket delivery, I have to go shopping in a supermarket which has limited stock (due to brexit and the pandemic) So I frequently go to the supermarket for small amounts of food. I know Grace isn't in the same situation, but should I be shamed for going to the shops more than others?
No, because you clearly have a good reason to while she absolutely does not given that she's just doing it for videos most of the time.
It's dangerous and selfish at this point, she's putting people who can't help it like yourself in danger.

I really like Grace overall though and I think she can easily learn from her mistakes and be honest about it and I very much hope she does.
I would like to see some different content too, though it must be so hard right now to be creative. More baking content would be great she always seems happy in those videos.

Reactions: 10
Yeah I wasn't too keen on it either, I dont think it helps that her mum isn't on camera which I totally respect is her choice & it's great Grace doesn't force her to be in the videos but sometimes it makes the dynamic off. I thought the same when she did the cheap & expensive Xmas dinners & her dad wasn't home so it was just Grace then her mum & Chloe who were both off camera. I guess its not ideal for her to spread her wings just now because we are all trapped at home & she only has her mum & dad for company. I'm not too sure what else she can film at the moment to be honest? Maybe some "bake with me" videos?
I think her mum makes videos quite awkward... not even just the camera thing either. To use that vlog as an example, her dad was into it and up for it, but her mum moaned away about having gotten starters and only seemed to really decide to participate when Grace’s dad suggested they merge. It’s not the first time she’s done it either and I feel quite bad for Grace sometimes. If her mum doesn’t want to be on camera I totally get it, but if she doesn’t want to participate at all she could just... not? Rather than bring the dynamic down by complaining. Chloe wasn’t on camera but always seemed to at least be trying to join in. I honestly think that last vlog would have been way better if it was just Grace and her dad deciding then her mum joining them for eating.

Reactions: 12
I think her mum makes videos quite awkward... not even just the camera thing either. To use that vlog as an example, her dad was into it and up for it, but her mum moaned away about having gotten starters and only seemed to really decide to participate when Grace’s dad suggested they merge. It’s not the first time she’s done it either and I feel quite bad for Grace sometimes. If her mum doesn’t want to be on camera I totally get it, but if she doesn’t want to participate at all she could just... not? Rather than bring the dynamic down by complaining. Chloe wasn’t on camera but always seemed to at least be trying to join in. I honestly think that last vlog would have been way better if it was just Grace and her dad deciding then her mum joining them for eating.
Her mum does seem to undermine and question her a lot and you can kind of sense Grace getting a bit annoyed at times, constantly having her mum question her on things she's taken time to prepare. I'm sure they have a lovely relationship though but obviously you're going to clash at times if you've lived together for 23 years 😂 I do think she's more of a daddy's girl while Chloe seems more similar to their mum.

I think this is kind of a general issue with youtubers... she needs to come up with content that is just her, her mum clearly isn't comfortable being on camera (totally normal) so she needs to maybe no include her family so much?

Reactions: 4
Her mum does seem to undermine and question her a lot and you can kind of sense Grace getting a bit annoyed at times, constantly having her mum question her on things she's taken time to prepare. I'm sure they have a lovely relationship though but obviously you're going to clash at times if you've lived together for 23 years 😂 I do think she's more of a daddy's girl while Chloe seems more similar to their mum.
Yeah, I think they must have a great relationship really, it’s just probably heightened on camera as it doesn’t seem her mum really wants to be in the vlogs so she’s more on edge. And especially over lockdown, I think everyone’s patience is fading generally at this point😂

Reactions: 6
Which videos of graces have we all enjoyed the most? Because I guess that points to the content she should go for... I personally really enjoyed her eating different diets, like soldiers meals, the British recommended one, different eras. I also really enjoyed when she made her own subway & Chipotle. But again those are very food based. I'd love for her to do some sit down ones about her experience as a model, there must be some interesting stories from that time in her life. I also loved when she recreated the great British bake off & actually took herself out to the garden to do little interviews 😂😂 i also remember cracking up at one where she just kept breaking oreos when trying to twist the tops off of them 😂😂

• Heart
Which videos of graces have we all enjoyed the most? Because I guess that points to the content she should go for... I personally really enjoyed her eating different diets, like soldiers meals, the British recommended one, different eras. I also really enjoyed when she made her own subway & Chipotle. But again those are very food based. I'd love for her to do some sit down ones about her experience as a model, there must be some interesting stories from that time in her life. I also loved when she recreated the great British bake off & actually took herself out to the garden to do little interviews 😂😂 i also remember cracking up at one where she just kept breaking oreos when trying to twist the tops off of them 😂😂
I really enjoyed different foods from around the world, meals that soldiers or someone in a different field eating food from different eras. I also loved when she dived into fashion and makeup, although she did not feel comfortable at times but it was good to see her experiment with that and to see her out of her comfort zone. I know that fashion and beauty ones can get to be expensive but I’m sure if she asked her followers suggestions on where to get the best priced products, they wouldn’t mind.
I also want to hear more about her modeling past, school past, dancing past and more insights on her life.
I enjoyed her earlier videos if I’m being honest. I feel like she didn’t care about what people thought and she got out of her comfort zone the most during those times.

Reactions: 7
I agree, I love when she does research on a topic, like the soldiers rations, 1950s/1960s diets, Korean food for a day, etc. Also eating the recommending serving sizes and cooking her subscribers recipes was pretty interesting. I really wish she would do more of those types of videos, less the fast food or tiktok recipes even though I know they're much easier to do especially since travelling anywhere is pretty much out of the question. More recently I enjoyed the Christmas dinners from around the world. I think there is some truth in that she was a little more natural and less "on" in the early days of her channel, same with Taz (who I don't care for all that much at all) but with such a following now maybe she feels the need to turn it up sometimes (not saying she's sold out or anything, she's one of the few ytbers I still enjoy and look forward to).

Reactions: 5
Have you seen Grace's latest TikTok? I think she reads here and feels a bit upset that people are commenting about her not having a boyfriend. I agree that we are entitled to discuss Grace, and call her out for knowingly breaking lockdown rules etc, as she puts herself online. But I do not think should comment on certain aspects of her personal life, shame her for not having a boyfriend, or suggest that this makes her immature. I think that is quite a personal thing and that it's just her choice to be single. Just be aware that she probably does read here and everyone does grow at different rates. I wouldn't want her to feel upset about things she has no control over.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Have you seen Grace's latest TikTok? I think she reads here and feels a bit upset that people are commenting about her not having a boyfriend. I agree that we are entitled to discuss Grace, and call her out for knowingly breaking lockdown rules etc, as she puts herself online. But I do not think should comment on certain aspects of her personal life, shame her for not having a boyfriend, or suggest that this makes her immature. I think that is quite a personal thing and that it's just her choice to be single. Just be aware that she probably does read here and everyone does grow at different rates. I wouldn't want her to feel upset about things she has no control over.
I’m not sure it definitely means she reads here, she’s had a lot of comments about it and it’s a very often asked question in her lives especially since the announcement Chloe was engaged.

But you’re totally right that it’s her choice, and I hope she doesn’t feel bad about it. Everyone grows at their own pace, there’s no one right route for everyone.

I’m not sure it definitely means she reads here, she’s had a lot of comments about it and it’s a very often asked question in her lives especially since the announcement Chloe was engaged.

But you’re totally right that it’s her choice, and I hope she doesn’t feel bad about it. Everyone grows at their own pace, there’s no one right route for everyone.
Just to add to these previous comments, I don't think having a relationship or bf or whatever is necessarily about maturity or growing at a certain pace. She may very well just have not met anyone who she connects with, especially if she's looking to meet someone in a small, (assuming here) insular church.

Like everyone here, I love Grace and I think when she does meet someone and start a relationship, they'll be a pretty special dude.

• Heart
Am I the only one who found the latest vlog a bit... sad? A girl in her twenties getting so worked up and excited about ordering in a mediocre takeaway with her parents?

I understand that everyone's lives have been put on hold for a while. But Grace's immaturity is starting to bug me. Doesn't she want to be hanging out with people her own age, creating a life independently from her family? Pursuing ideas and projects and relationships that don't have anything to do with her parents? Also, whether or not you disagree with her going to the shops so much (I personally think it's unnecessary), her vlogs recently have been food, family, food, family. I'm getting a bit bored of the themes here, and I worry for Grace's growth as a person and independence.
I used to really like her....but I didn't realise how old she actually is. In an odd way, she seems really coddled and naive (not spoiled) and not fully independent. I have not been a fan of her behaviour during covid. To put it bluntly, I feel like she needs to start growing the duck up.

I used to really like her....but I didn't realise how old she actually is. In an odd way, she seems really coddled and naive (not spoiled) and not fully independent. I have not been a fan of her behaviour during covid. To put it bluntly, I feel like she needs to start growing the duck up.
She's only 23 or so though, isn't she? I would imagine she seems immature because she lived at home for uni and stuff. I would imagine that being in the modelling world she would have been exposed to drink and drugs. I just guess it depends on how we're defining immaturity. She seems very responsible, so mature in that sense, but I do think that she sometimes plays up the 'childlike' persona.

When I think back to when I was 23, I wasn't exactly mature, but I thought I was because I'd done uni, living away from my parents, taking care of rent and bills etc, but in other ways I was super immature. I read somewhere that the 30s are the new 20s and 20s are the new teens because of how society is at the moment. I think that's kind of reductivist, but I do kind of get it. I think Grace is just very fun loving. I think her attitude is actually quite mature for a 23 year old - saving for a house, thinking about a career etc.

Idk 🤷‍♂️

She's only 23 or so though, isn't she? I would imagine she seems immature because she lived at home for uni and stuff. I would imagine that being in the modelling world she would have been exposed to drink and drugs. I just guess it depends on how we're defining immaturity. She seems very responsible, so mature in that sense, but I do think that she sometimes plays up the 'childlike' persona.

When I think back to when I was 23, I wasn't exactly mature, but I thought I was because I'd done uni, living away from my parents, taking care of rent and bills etc, but in other ways I was super immature. I read somewhere that the 30s are the new 20s and 20s are the new teens because of how society is at the moment. I think that's kind of reductivist, but I do kind of get it. I think Grace is just very fun loving. I think her attitude is actually quite mature for a 23 year old - saving for a house, thinking about a career etc.

Idk 🤷‍♂️
I think its a personal opinion. I was married with two children at 23 in a good career, so to me, she’s exhaustingly childish...

• Haha
I don’t think it’s really possible to judge Grace’s maturity based on what we see, her videos are generally pretty lighthearted, family friendly and fun so that’s the side of her we see.

That said, she seems a normal level of mature for me. The only time I ever remember thinking she seemed immature was that video she did of “what my friends think about me” then she seemed really hurt by some of the answers, it reminded me of stuff like ask.fm and the equivalents that 13/14 year olds love then realise is a terrible idea. But I think it was more that she saw what she thought would be a fun trend and didn’t think it through, and that was only one video out of all the ones she’s done.

I think its a personal opinion. I was married with two children at 23 in a good career, so to me, she’s exhaustingly childish...
I guess!

I didn't mean it as a dig at anyone, I know lots of people who have married in their early 20s. Like you say, personal circumstances play a big role.

Idk 🤷‍♂️
She's a couple of years older than me and probably more mature despite the fact that I moved out for uni (until lockdown :( ). She leads a youth group, volunteered at the school before covid, pretty much takes care of the house during the week and cooks the family dinners along with the bakes too, has her own car so is probably responsible for all of the finances to do with it, has been in the 'real' world with modelling and has had retail jobs alongside that so she isn't shy of responsibility. I think if you ignored all of this, yes she would seem a bit 'stunted' for her age but obviously you can't ignore what shes done. If she doesn't want to leave home just yet, that shouldn't be the basis of her maturity level. There's no point her being miserable in an overpriced flat just to live up to the expectations of her age. It might just not be important to her yet. Olivia Neill moved to London at 19 and as you can see from her thread, all she really does is go to sainsburys and cocaine. I think when there is such an emphasis on maturing as soon as you hit a certain age, it results in people who are probably a bit lost and wished they'd worked on themselves before rushing about and pretending to be an adult. Its the same with children, they're judged on what stages they're meeting at certain times, as if all children are going to develop at the exact same rate. We should just realise that everyone is individual and something that may seem weird and babyish to you is just normal for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I am only 21 myself, and I feel like I am just as immature as Grace is. However, I aim to be a trainee solicitor by the time I am 23, so I do feel like I need to grow up a little bit myself. I live at home whilst I am studying at Uni and I am the youngest out of all my siblings. I am also recovering from eating disorder and so living at home with the support from my mum is very helpful right now. Unlike her though I have had boyfriends and I would say I am mature when it comes to certain issues. I think it really depends on personal circumstances and life experiences. But there is definitely nothing wrong with Grace being a little bit immature. She definitely seems happy and fulfilled which is all that matters.

• Heart
We all have different life experiences, Grace probably had a very different lifestyle in her late teens doing modelling to any of her friends. There are too many age related stereotypes and expectations in today’s society.
I also don’t think there is anything wrong with not having a boyfriend at 23.
Boys are not the be all and end all, Grace seems very happy herself and that is what is important.
Life for everybody can change so fast, I had my son at 25 but by 29 I was a single parent due to dv. Going through that experience made me massively grow up! I’d of quite happily of gone back to being 23 and living at home with my parents.
I do think if you put your life out there on social media/YouTube people are going to ask questions.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.