Grackle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But when Grace had the BBQ etc the restrictions were different and so she didn’t break the rules. Yes the ones now aren’t great but most of the things people have said were allowed at the time?

Reactions: 8
I am really confused now... either she needs to make annuncements i,e, "this was done before...." or they aren't. I think a lot of what her and ger family have done has broken the rules tbh. and her sharing food with a friend.... i am actually really angry with whoever here said "everyone is breaking the rules".......... no, I am not, neither are my family or close friends. I am giving up with this thread because it has made me just lose hope.

Reactions: 10
Grace seems really lovely, and her action in all her previous videos show that she clearly doesn't not "give a tit"- I imagine she'd actually be quite upset if she thought people thought she was breaking the rules or if she thought she was putting people in danger. She certainly isn't on the level as others having parties and jetting off abroad. But that's not really how things work. I can see how she just wanted to make some veganuary videos and kept going to the supermarket without considering how sensible it is to make lots of trips. She probably does need lots of social interaction and thought she's ok to meet ONE other person for a walk, went for a walk, got some food and then got distracted and forgot you're not supposed to sit on a bench and be close to a friend, or maybe she doesn't realise how far apart 2m is.

And it's true that this is probably applicable to a lot of people at the moment, everyone is trying to stay sane and "live their lives". BUT. This is not going to end unless people stop doing that. This was a chance for Grace to step up (and yes, a lot of other influences too) and say hey, this sucks, but here's lots of nice indoor things you can do to keep busy, have fun, eat well. She's done those videos in the past. She does still do them. So she doesn't need to put videos and lives up of her doing the few things she does do that breaks the rules that make other people go "oh well if she's doing it, we all are, it's fine I'll keep doing it". If anyone can find ways to keep lockdown interesting and exciting in a safe way, it's Grace.

Reactions: 15
Off topic:
What do people think of Grace being a bit immature for her age?
I think she seems like a sweet person and I enjoy the down to earth vibe she has in her videos.
Sometimes I can't believe she's 23 years old. I forgot that she’s in her 20s when I feel like she is much younger.
I wonder if being thrust when she was a teenager into the fashion world, which has a lot of seediness floating around it, made her regress into a child somehow? I will say that I’m glad that she’s out of that environment and doing what she loves but I wonder what she would have been like if she stayed. Modeling looks glamorous but in reality it’s mentally and emotionally draining. Not an enviable job.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Off topic:
I think she seems like a sweet person and I enjoy the down to earth vibe she has in her videos.
Sometimes I can't believe she's 23 years old. I forgot that she’s in her 20s when I feel like she is much younger.
I wonder if being thrust when she was a teenager into the fashion world, which has a lot of seediness floating around it, made her regress into a child somehow? I will say that I’m glad that she’s out of that environment and doing what she loves but I wonder what she would have been like if she stayed. Modeling looks glamorous but in reality it’s mentally and emotionally draining. Not an enviable job.

My mum's a high school teacher and I foster teenagers. Our teenager had some of her 17 year old friends over last Christmas, and they were all in cargo capri trousers and crop tops, complaining it was cold, and literally screeching that someone they knew had, shock horror, kissed a boy! It was the kind of clapping "oh my gods!" my friends and I did when we were 13. By 17, we had jobs, many of my friends already had kids! I mentioned this to my mum and asked if this was just her friends or if this was all kids. She said that every year, the kids get another year immature. Some kids are doing their A-levels and don't know how to catch a bus. And that's true of most generations- I'm in my early 30s, and at 23, I rented a house with my fiance, was engaged, had an office job. But by 23, my mum was married, owned her house, and had already had me. Grace does seem very immature, but so do most of the people in their late teens and early 20s I know.

Reactions: 9
Off topic:

I'm one year older than Grace and feel a lot more mature than her. But I've lived away from my family for 6 years now, so I think that's helped contribute to my maturity. However I feel that with most regards to her life Grace is mature (for instance, making food for family friends to drop off, volunteering at her church etc), but when she is with her family her maturity drops a lot, and that is mostly what she puts in her videos, so it's the more dominant side of her that we see.

Reactions: 8
I think there are some immature aspects of her personality, but she can also do plenty of things for herself unlike many late teens/early 20s and seems to be making good money from her channel and whatever she does at the church/babysitting on the side. I think a lot of it does stem from still living with her parents and being the youngest child, probably a bit coddled growing up. No shame to her for still living with her family though prices in their area are high and her parents home is very nice and her siblings didn't move out until they were older either. I think this whole lockdown has regressed her a bit tbh, she had all these plans she wasn't able to do, maybe if it weren't for that she would have gotten to travel and mature some and definitely get outside her comfort zone.

Reactions: 13
I think there are some immature aspects of her personality, but she can also do plenty of things for herself unlike many late teens/early 20s and seems to be making good money from her channel and whatever she does at the church/babysitting on the side. I think a lot of it does stem from still living with her parents and being the youngest child, probably a bit coddled growing up. No shame to her for still living with her family though prices in their area are high and her parents home is very nice and her siblings didn't move out until they were older either. I think this whole lockdown has regressed her a bit tbh, she had all these plans she wasn't able to do, maybe if it weren't for that she would have gotten to travel and mature some and definitely get outside her comfort zone.
yeah I agree, if I was her I would def still be living at home and saving to buy somewhere rather than wasting money on rent, I lived abroad for years after uni, but when I moved back at 27 ish I lived at home for about 5 years to help me save.
I also think if you compare her to, say, Clickfor Taz (who in some ways seems immature in the way that Grace is), she can barely even cook or do anything practical, so compared to her Grace is MUCH more mature (and I think much younger?)

Reactions: 13
Oh for sure, Grace seems to be much more competent than many other people her age, and I agree with the comparison to ClickforTaz. There is a trend for people to "regress" around their parents as when you're in their company or your childhood home, your mind feels safe and likes to replay behaviours associated with that. (I read a study somewhere about all these people moving back in with their parents due to covid and struggling with the independence v being a child thing, I'll see if I can find it.)

Reactions: 12
Oh for sure, Grace seems to be much more competent than many other people her age, and I agree with the comparison to ClickforTaz. There is a trend for people to "regress" around their parents as when you're in their company or your childhood home, your mind feels safe and likes to replay behaviours associated with that. (I read a study somewhere about all these people moving back in with their parents due to covid and struggling with the independence v being a child thing, I'll see if I can find it.)
Yeah thats true, obviously this year me and my sister haven't stayed with my parents, but often when we are there together for a week or so during holidays we will end up having petty childish arguments that we had as teenagers, something we would never do usually lol

Reactions: 4
Her mum annoyed me a little bit at the beginning of tonight’s vlog, complaining 🙊.

I really enjoyed the rest of the vlog though, a great idea for one. Surprised they don’t have deliveroo or Uber, are they really rural?

ETA:I wasn’t sure if later she meant they did have it or it just came in those bags.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Her mum annoyed me a little bit at the beginning of tonight’s vlog, complaining 🙊.

I really enjoyed the rest of the vlog though, a great idea for one. Surprised they don’t have deliveroo or Uber, are they really rural?

ETA:I wasn’t sure if later she meant they did have it or it just came in those bags.
Sometimes ubereats and deliveroo just don't reach your area, even if you're just in the suburbs. You get better options the closer you live to the city centre. There used to not be that many options that delivered to my home address (about 4 miles out from Manchester city centre so not rural at all), mainly just local takeaways, but its a lot better now. At my uni address, I can order from all the city centre restaurants so I have to restrain myself 😂

Reactions: 7
Sometimes ubereats and deliveroo just don't reach your area, even if you're just in the suburbs. You get better options the closer you live to the city centre. There used to not be that many options that delivered to my home address (about 4 miles out from Manchester city centre so not rural at all), mainly just local takeaways, but its a lot better now. At my uni address, I can order from all the city centre restaurants so I have to restrain myself 😂
I think it might be that deliveroo have now extended their reach when restaurants cannot open. Me and my parents both live in London (different areas, I live closer into the centre) and it used to be that my parents had almost no deliveroo options, but in the last few months there is alsmot no difference. restaurants have to use it to survive now tbh

Reactions: 5
It makes sense! I live further north than Manchester and here most places that can reasonably be called the city or town have at least one of the two, but I think our city areas are smaller than London/Manchester so they prob need a bigger radius.

Reactions: 3
What does everyone think of her going to Sainsbury’s just for pudding and drinks in today’s video 😟

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
Idk it feels kinda redundant to nit-pick about somebody going to the shops just becuase they're privileged enough not to have to go multiple times a week. I need to go to the shops multiple times a week, I don't have a car, I can't afford to spend £40 on supermarket delivery, I have to go shopping in a supermarket which has limited stock (due to brexit and the pandemic) So I frequently go to the supermarket for small amounts of food. I know Grace isn't in the same situation, but should I be shamed for going to the shops more than others?

Reactions: 11
Am I the only one who found the latest vlog a bit... sad? A girl in her twenties getting so worked up and excited about ordering in a mediocre takeaway with her parents?

I understand that everyone's lives have been put on hold for a while. But Grace's immaturity is starting to bug me. Doesn't she want to be hanging out with people her own age, creating a life independently from her family? Pursuing ideas and projects and relationships that don't have anything to do with her parents? Also, whether or not you disagree with her going to the shops so much (I personally think it's unnecessary), her vlogs recently have been food, family, food, family. I'm getting a bit bored of the themes here, and I worry for Grace's growth as a person and independence.

Reactions: 10
Idk it feels kinda redundant to nit-pick about somebody going to the shops just becuase they're privileged enough not to have to go multiple times a week. I need to go to the shops multiple times a week, I don't have a car, I can't afford to spend £40 on supermarket delivery, I have to go shopping in a supermarket which has limited stock (due to brexit and the pandemic) So I frequently go to the supermarket for small amounts of food. I know Grace isn't in the same situation, but should I be shamed for going to the shops more than others?
But I think that is just it, she DOESN'T need to so it is important for people like her don't go multiple times to leave it more free for people like you that do have to go more times in a week

Am I the only one who found the latest vlog a bit... sad? A girl in her twenties getting so worked up and excited about ordering in a mediocre takeaway with her parents?

I understand that everyone's lives have been put on hold for a while. But Grace's immaturity is starting to bug me. Doesn't she want to be hanging out with people her own age, creating a life independently from her family? Pursuing ideas and projects and relationships that don't have anything to do with her parents? Also, whether or not you disagree with her going to the shops so much (I personally think it's unnecessary), her vlogs recently have been food, family, food, family. I'm getting a bit bored of the themes here, and I worry for Grace's growth as a person and independence.
yeah I agree, I get that she cannot see friends, obviously and I am not criticising her for this. However, her videos before seemed to be much more creative, I have mentioned it here earlier, but things like the "eating the 1950s diet" etc were so interesting and well researched, she could easily do similar now.

did anyone else think her latest insta post about missing friends seemed like she has maybe read here? A few pages back people criticising her for seeing friends and not distancing...

Reactions: 9

Yeah I wasn't too keen on it either, I dont think it helps that her mum isn't on camera which I totally respect is her choice & it's great Grace doesn't force her to be in the videos but sometimes it makes the dynamic off. I thought the same when she did the cheap & expensive Xmas dinners & her dad wasn't home so it was just Grace then her mum & Chloe who were both off camera. I guess its not ideal for her to spread her wings just now because we are all trapped at home & she only has her mum & dad for company. I'm not too sure what else she can film at the moment to be honest? Maybe some "bake with me" videos?

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.