Grackle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am only 21 myself, and I feel like I am just as immature as Grace is. However, I aim to be a trainee solicitor by the time I am 23, so I do feel like I need to grow up a little bit myself. I live at home whilst I am studying at Uni and I am the youngest out of all my siblings. I am also recovering from eating disorder and so living at home with the support from my mum is very helpful right now. Unlike her though I have had boyfriends and I would say I am mature when it comes to certain issues. I think it really depends on personal circumstances and life experiences. But there is definitely nothing wrong with Grace being a little bit immature. She definitely seems happy and fulfilled which is all that matters.
I’m 22 but also about to be a trainee solicitor, living from home while at uni and recovering from an eating disorder are we the same person?? 😂

Anyway grace is clearly happy within herself as a person and I think that’s much more mature than feeling the need to have a boyfriend just because people thinks she needs to “grow the duck up”. Plenty of my friends of her age have never had a serious relationship, the vast majority of the people I know still live at home because we live near enough a city like grace does. I know people move at different paces in life but it would be much weirder to me if one of my friends was married with kids at 23 than if they didn’t have a boyfriend. It must be a generational thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m 22 but also about to be a trainee solicitor, living from home while at uni and recovering from an eating disorder are we the same person?? 😂

Anyway grace is clearly happy within herself as a person and I think that’s much more mature than feeling the need to have a boyfriend just because people thinks she needs to “grow the duck up”. Plenty of my friends of her age have never had a serious relationship, the vast majority of the people I know still live at home because we live near enough a city like grace does. I know people move at different paces in life but it would be much weirder to me if one of my friends was married with kids at 23 than if they didn’t have a boyfriend. It must be a generational thing.
Oh my god that is such a coincidence!! What are you aiming to practice in after you complete your TC? I am absolutely terrified to sit the LPC next year, so any advice is very much appreciated. 😂 It is nice to know that there are other people like me going into a legal career, because I always worry my mental health problems may hinder my ability to be successful.

I agree, I think it takes a lot of maturity to be happy within yourself as a person, and that is still something I am learning. I think Grace is perfectly fine for her age. Most people that I know still live at home too, and all but one of my older siblings lived at home well into their mid 20s. I really didn't think it was such a big deal if i'm honest.

Reactions: 3
I really like Grace and she’s one of the few youtubers I actually enjoy watching now.
However is anyone else getting tired of the constant ads on her instagram? I feel like every time I click on her story it’s a new ad 🙄

I get that times are tough for everyone but surely she could ditch the annoying insta ads and make some creative videos to make money (like her trying different decades of dinners, how people ate thoroughout history etc)

I just feel like she’s becoming another lazy YouTuber who doesn’t bother with vids because it’s easier to accept an insta brand deal 😔

Does anyone else feel like this?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I really like Grace and she’s one of the few youtubers I actually enjoy watching now.
However is anyone else getting tired of the constant ads on her instagram? I feel like every time I click on her story it’s a new ad 🙄

I get that times are tough for everyone but surely she could ditch the annoying insta ads and make some creative videos to make money (like her trying different decades of dinners, how people ate thoroughout history etc)

I just feel like she’s becoming another lazy YouTuber who doesn’t bother with vids because it’s easier to accept an insta brand deal 😔

Does anyone else feel like this?
yeah, from someone who seemed to do no ads before suddenly it is a deludge of them which makes it all the more jarring

Reactions: 7
I don't feel like she's been uploading less or has done an excessive amount of ads. She's only done about 3 and they've been companies that she would usually talk about for no money anyway. Its not like she's promoting a makeup range when she never wears makeup.

Reactions: 21
I don't feel like she's been uploading less or has done an excessive amount of ads. She's only done about 3 and they've been companies that she would usually talk about for no money anyway. Its not like she's promoting a makeup range when she never wears makeup.
Agreed, I’m always happy to see her doing ads. They’re always targeted to her brand and they’re things that I’d be open to buying too.

Reactions: 13
I love this website so much! It's so interesting to read other people's thoughts!

Anyway, I discovered Grackle a little while ago. I don't quite agree with the claims that she is immature. When I was 23, I was a year (or less?) away from graduating from medical school and let me tell you, I would have been slated by many people if my maturity was to be judged by vlogs. I loved going home every weekend, loved my mum doing things for me and when I was home, like someone mentioned, you do regress a little. I'm 28 now but I genuinely feel that my 'maturity' is not far off Grackle tbh although at work I'm a totally different person.

I really like Grackle and I look forward to 'watching' yet another great Tattle thread!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I agree. I got married at 24, bought a house and had a baby a couple of years later. At 23 I had been living away from home for 5 years, looking after myself. But by 23, by sister was married with 2 kids having only moved out at 21 and she had a husband and kids but didn't really have a clue about looking after herself and a few years later is still pretty immature. Maturity isn't really reflected in your "life status", I have friends in their 30s who are single but they're running businesses and travelling the world alone, all things I wouldn't have a clue how to do!

A lot of the time, getting married young or tying your worth to a partner is a really immature thing to do. Sometimes you need to be older to know whether or not you're making a good decision.

I think she's perfectly competent and would be fine living on her own. it seems super common to live with your parents much longer than 10 years ago when I was her age. I imagine if it wasn't for covid she may have moved out and got a "proper" job so I don't begrudge her that at all. It's definitely not a personality flaw. I think it's more her general attitude that's a bit squealy about things that you tend to lose by the time you do have to get a proper job and have lots of serious responsibilities.

Reactions: 10
I don’t mind her ads either, if they don’t interest me I just skip past them. I think it’s nice to see someone like Grace getting them as I know she picks only ones that she is actually interested in rather than people who do any ad offered with constant swipe ups.

Tbf I don’t think anyone on here has ever judged her relationship status negatively or used it as a measure of her maturity.

I, personally, think she is mature in terms of her independence and responsibilities, she just has a bit of a child-like disposition, and that’s fine! If anything, that’s probably what endears a lot of people to her. She’s true to herself and that’s all you can wish of someone really.

I’m more bothered by her multiple unnecessary trips to different supermarkets. I hope she’s reined that in a bit now

Reactions: 12
She's only 23 or so though, isn't she? I would imagine she seems immature because she lived at home for uni and stuff. I would imagine that being in the modelling world she would have been exposed to drink and drugs. I just guess it depends on how we're defining immaturity. She seems very responsible, so mature in that sense, but I do think that she sometimes plays up the 'childlike' persona.

When I think back to when I was 23, I wasn't exactly mature, but I thought I was because I'd done uni, living away from my parents, taking care of rent and bills etc, but in other ways I was super immature. I read somewhere that the 30s are the new 20s and 20s are the new teens because of how society is at the moment. I think that's kind of reductivist, but I do kind of get it. I think Grace is just very fun loving. I think her attitude is actually quite mature for a 23 year old - saving for a house, thinking about a career etc.

Idk 🤷‍♂️
has she said that she's saving for a house? I'm intrigued

Reactions: 1
She has said last summer that she's saving to move out and get a place of her own, I don't recall if she said specifically she wanted a house of her own - anyway, I do think she thinks ahead and is planning her future.

There is a distinction I think needs to be made between someone who is childlike - Grace is very bubbly, very easygoing and has a youthful excitable personality and someone who is childish as in they are incapable of doing something on their own and are very dependent on others. I think it's obvious Grace is the former.

People develop at different rates and just because someone hasn't been in a relationship at a certain age shouldn't make them immature. Whether youtube can count as a legitimate "job" though is another question. I have a feeling she won't do it forever, and will maybe be more serious about going into baking or catering as she gets older. I think she's said before she never imagined she would become this popular and it was more of a hobby for her. With the ads she's done now though maybe she's becoming more serious about it becoming a more stable career.

Reactions: 11
I felt for Grace when the cake fell on the floor - I’m clumsy like that too and it’s heartbreaking when you bake something nice and then you drop it :eek:

• Heart
Reactions: 8
This is a pet peeve of mine, influencers write “AD” in lower capitals “ad” and follow the next word with a capital letter to try and mask its a sponsored post. If anything it should be AD or at least Ad. I never thought I’d see Grace do it to be honest, disappointed.

Attachments

Reactions: 16
This is a pet peeve of mine, influencers write “AD” in lower capitals “ad” and follow the next word with a capital letter to try and mask its a sponsored post. If anything it should be AD or at least Ad. I never thought I’d see Grace do it to be honest, disappointed.
Same tbh I hate when influencers do that. It should be AD. Some of the worst offenders disguise 'ad' in white writing in the background of their white walls on their instagram stories so you have to proper scour the post to see if they're being paid to flog something they've never used. I have no problem with Grace getting that coin and I do trust that she'll only accept sponsorships from companies she genuinely likes and uses but yeah, I don't like the lowercase 'ad'.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Yeah I have no problem with her doing adverts it’s one of her main sources of income but this technique is dishonest and particularly offensive to people who have trouble with reading and writing in the first place as it’s easier for them to miss it. For someone who always says “I just enjoy making content for you guys bla bla” this isn’t the way

Reactions: 9
Same tbh I hate when influencers do that. It should be AD. Some of the worst offenders disguise 'ad' in white writing in the background of their white walls on their instagram stories so you have to proper scour the post to see if they're being paid to flog something they've never used. I have no problem with Grace getting that coin and I do trust that she'll only accept sponsorships from companies she genuinely likes and uses but yeah, I don't like the lowercase 'ad'.
I did wonder if that post she did of her stood in front of books, where the second one was a v close up look of her hair clip and the company was tagged was an undisclosed ad, or a “gift” (which I think you’re also supposed to disclose?). It just didn’t seem natural... I thought she wouldn’t do that, but the lowercase ad on this now has me wondering.

Reactions: 2
I saw this post and knew it must be sponsored but I genuinely couldn't see where she had disclosed it until I saw your post. Disappointing, but I would hope it wasn't intentionally misleading.

Reactions: 2
Why don't the ASA crack down on this tit? I would like to think the best of Grace and give her the benefit of the doubt, as she isn't as bad as some of the others, but if hiding the ad disclosure was on purpose, then I really thought way more of her than that.

• Heart
I did wonder if that post she did of her stood in front of books, where the second one was a v close up look of her hair clip and the company was tagged was an undisclosed ad, or a “gift” (which I think you’re also supposed to disclose?). It just didn’t seem natural... I thought she wouldn’t do that, but the lowercase ad on this now has me wondering.
Tbh she tagged her earrings too, if you tag the brands it saves answering everyone’s questions about where it was from so I don’t automatically think it’s an undisclosed gift. Although I didn’t see her say she got it gifted at any point on her channel.

I feel like grace is very naive rather than childish. She comes across way younger than she is because of her lack of experience with relationships, there is nothing wrong with being single at her age at all but has she had any experience at all. It made me laugh when she was rejecting all the first date suggestions like she had done them all. I almost feel dirty for saying this because I don’t think of her as an almost 24 year old woman but can you imagine her with an erection or a pair of open legs in front of her. She wouldn’t have a clue what to do.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.