Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

orlyb1310

VIP Member
Grace gives me ED vibes, she massively overcompensates / exaggerates re' the food she eats, and she has a few odd habits e.g.
she will go on big trips and buy loads of food and then only eat small bites (e.g. brighton ice cream, donuts and cookies in London etc., making a big deal of going to maccies and then just getting a healthy chicken wrap - who does that ),
she cooks and bakes loads and loads for her family - even stuff she can't eat or doesn't like (ref the christmas pudding that took ages .... like she would make massive cakes with dairy when she was dairy intolerant) and then she is quite obsessive about getting feedback on the food - a lot of ED people do this as it enables them to be 'close to food' without having to eat
pre getting really big on youtube she made a lot of what i eat in a week videos where the food would 90% of the time be out of camera shot - these videos always had loads of comments from people recovering from EDs
the whole Dairy intolerence going away and her saying she will explain it and then never getting around to doing so (even though she gets a lot of comments about it ) seems off too
I couldn't disagree more, sorry.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

Sooverthat

Chatty Member
Stop bashing Grace! She's such a down to earth and innocent you tuber compared to the rest of them. The poor girl has done so well and even gifts any freebies she gets to others.
Why do people have to start jumping on the ED bandwagon. Look at her family. Her siblings are tall and slim as are her parents. Old photos of her are tall and lanky. It's just their genetics. She has a healthy and normal attitude to food and enjoys cooking and baking.
It's so easy when you have had or are having traumatic experienced yourself to project that on to others because you become obsessed with triggers that are familiar. It doesn't mean she's going through the same.
Leave the poor girl alone!!

• Heart
Reactions: 41

HereForThePics1979

Gosh you’re all living in a very sheltered world aren’t you! If you opened your eyes you’d see that everyone has broken the rules in one way or another, this has been going on for almost a year now. If we compare Grace to every other influencer out there, and even ourselves, she has done little wrong. I mean going to supermarkets.... so what, seeing ONE friend.... well have you seen the parties some have had? And finally, seeing her family... get a fucking grip people let the girl live

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 40

Sooverthat

Chatty Member
Don't start Grack bashing. She is the only down to earth and natural you tube left amongst a load of dicks. Embrace her innocence, childlike moods, filter and fake free face and look at the effort she puts in compared to some other so called you tubers that should have hung their keyboards up a long time ago

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 40

lilamay

VIP Member
I love her, but I wish she would do something about her acne because it looks so sore and inflamed and sometimes I can't concentrate on what she is saying because I'm just looking at the spots :(
Really? I think it's great she's not hiding it for those who do suffer with acne. We need to normalise seeing it, as people often feel ashamed of it and like they have to cover it up.

Reactions: 38

emm

VIP Member
I think Grace is a very social person and all the restrictions are quite hard on her.
but no offence, they are hard on everyone, I don't think anyone is finding this easy, sociable or not. She is living with her family that she is very close to, it is not like she is living alone or something

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Emlii

Does anyone watch this young lady? She’s like a breathe of fresh air amongst the fake ad pushing You tubers.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

hrh89

VIP Member
Oh no. This thread was so positive until now. I admire her so much for NOT covering her acne. Imagine the young girls watching, seeing Grace an ex model no less, with acne! I’m sure it makes a lot of them feel less alone!! Normalise it. Show it. It’s reality. Not many people have clear perfect skin. We are far more than our appearance!!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Been reflecting on how much Grace's videos has helped me through my disordered eating. She's an absolute breath of fresh air and it's so refreshing to just see someone and her family eat normal everyday food and have a great relationship with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

chnandlerbong

Let us all live then and we will all just do what we want. This attitude is the reason we have the highest death rate in the world. People like you and Grace who don’t give a shit about anyone as long as they are doing what they want. Fuck everyone else I’m alright Jack.
I'm sorry but Grace sitting next to her friend outdoors on a park bench doesn't mean she doesn't give a shit about anyone else. Jesus Christ. Its obviously wrong & against the rules but I went out for a walk with my friend the other day & the amount of times as we were chatting we accidentally got closer than 2 meters & had to correct ourselves when we realised. Im sure the majority of people are sticking to the rules but have had the odd slip up, doesn't make us bad people. I obviously dont know Grace or her family but they don't come across as the type to intentionally break the rules & with regards to people being in their house let's remember we don't know exactly when things were filmed & what the rules were at that time as let's face it they have changed ALOT & have varied between areas as well which has been confusing. Yes, Grace has clearly slipped up & broken the rules but I don't think her attitude to the pandemic is "fuck everyone else".

• Heart
Reactions: 28

menolikey

I would legit bake all the time if I could eat it all and not get fat. It's nice to make something from scratch and to feed people.

I don't really care if she's a bit childish. People are too quick to grow up and now i'm an old lady I wish i'd grown up slower.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

BalkanBae

Confession time:
Does anyone else feel like this?
I wish I was apart of Grace’s family.
I don’t want to seem ungrateful for my family, but I grew up in a very dysfunctional family home. So seeing a healthy family dynamic makes me feel at ease to watch. Also all the Booth kids seem to have grown up polite, lovely, smart, and independent. There seems to have been emotional support, which is something you really don’t see often.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

orlyb1310

VIP Member
I think there is a massive difference between seeing a friend in an outdoor setting for the sake of your own sanity and the distance not being exactly bloody 2 metres apart and influencers and anyone else swanning off to any country that’ll have them for a holiday. I have friends who have lost relatives, who have vulnerable family members and who have had covid themselves who have seen friends at a distance, not because they don’t give a fuck about the pandemic, they know more than anyone how real it is, but because their mental health will quickly deteriorate if they’re not getting the serotonin from interacting with their friend or partner. There is such a difference between ‘omg I just miss the sun so we went to Dubai for the week🙈’ and ‘if I don’t get out of this house for some fresh air and a catch up with my friend for a bit of normality, I’m going to lose my mind’. It is the covid deniers, rule ignorers and ultimately the government who have prolonged this pandemic, not the people who safely meet with a friend once in a while.

• Heart

Sweetcorn

Chatty Member
I agree we need to normalise acne. My skin is so much better now but when I was a late teen/early 20s my skin made me so self conscious to the point that I wouldn’t even want to leave the house because I felt so down about it. I hope she doesn’t ever feel like that because it’s not worth it. Acne is a real problem that many people go though and it shouldn’t be shamed. I also think I remember her mentioning that she is on a dermatology waiting list? I imagine Covid has pushed it back a lot.

In other news, her new video surprising her family with Christmas in July to give back to them for working so hard during the pandemic is the purest thing ever 🥺. They were all so grateful and you could just tell that Grace was loving doing it for them. I was cackling at the very end when she was going to bed and you could see she was getting teary eyed, then she said ‘I’m getting emotional’ really quietly and the video abruptly ends there. She is just so precious. Striving to be more like Grace in my life.

• Heart

orlyb1310

VIP Member
She is definitely a people pleaser. She never states her opinions and/or ideas on anything she is interested in just to avoid controversy (i.e. church, baking etc.). For someone in their mid twenties that makes her very childish and not fully formed adult. That really is something that puts me off lately. She doesn't seem like she is growing as a human, just being stuck in her teens world.
I think this is very harsh. She doesn't owe you her opinions on such matters. You being nosy and wanting to know her in depth opinions on complex issues is more of a reflection of you, not her 'not being a fully formed adult (???)'. Her channel has never been about such matters and most of the information about what denominations she follows was found by weirdos stalking her family online to find info that she's never explicitly put on her youtube channel. Her not wanting to talk about it and keeping her channel light-hearted is just a personal choice that she's made, it has nothing to do with stunted growth or childishness...

• Heart

Felix08

Chatty Member
I think people are projecting, because they have an ED she must have one to.

I think its really unfair to Grace. I also dont understand why people keep wanting her to explain her dairy intolerance, she says she is so she is, accept it.
Why wouldnt she bake things with dairy in it? Her family eats it so she she does it for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Sweetcorn

Chatty Member
Grace being offered to be ‘gifted’ a PR package but asking the brand if she could just do it as a giveaway to her subscribers instead because she didn’t ‘need it’ is the purest thing ever.

This 👏🏼 Is 👏🏼 How 👏🏼 You 👏🏼 Do 👏🏼 It 👏🏼

Influencers just accept everything (even when it’s something they would never even use or have any use for) and they become so greedy. They end up with rooms filled with free PR stuff and still accept more when they already have way too much. And you NEVER see them gifting it to subscribers instead.

Influencers: Take note.

• Heart
Reactions: 25