Grackle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like Grace and in general have nothing bad to say about her a few things slightly annoy me but overall I think she's fine. However I have thought for a while how people on here refuse to let anyone say anything bad about her. She's human, she will make mistakes like i'm sure everybody does and I think its also fine for others to comment on how they feel about those mistakes she makes especially as she has put it on a public platform.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
It's worth remembering that in modern churches, there's a less prescriptive view of the "rules", and people make choices on that.

I attend a church similar to the church Grace does. Some people do choose to wait til marriage to live together and so on, but a lot of people don't. My church terms it "dating for marriage", and that means that you're waiting til you're in a wholly committed relationship before you have sex/live together. But that doesn't mean marriage, it just means you're intending that to be. But if it doesn't work out, so be it. No one is shunned! They also preach love and acceptance - you worship your way and how you think you best to serve God. So we have LGBT couples, and recently someone started to transition and we've prayed for them but only in that we hope that they are happy and safe and that they know they have our love and support and god's love too.

Modern church is a different thing. There's lots of really interesting discussion and people do disagree about some stuff but it's always very much that there's no place for anything but love and kindness even if you don't think the "rules" are being followed. You'd be "shunned" for being mean about someone having pre-marital sex than having it!!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I agree 100%! I like Grace and her personality. There are many videos I enjoy watching but mostly watch her because I connect well with her.
To reiterate what has been said:
Although everyone is entitled to their opinions but at the end of the day everyone makes mistakes.
I don’t want her automatically canceled just because of some mistakes she’s made on camera and social media. I don’t condone what she’s done but I don’t want her overly scrutinized, especially when there are worse people on social media platforms.
That’s just me.
If she sees some comments on her YouTube or Instagram, I hope she will then learn her lesson.

I like Grace and in general have nothing bad to say about her a few things slightly annoy me but overall I think she's fine. However I have thought for a while how people on here refuse to let anyone say anything bad about her. She's human, she will make mistakes like i'm sure everybody does and I think its also fine for others to comment on how they feel about those mistakes she makes especially as she has put it on a public platform.

Reactions: 4
I agree 100%! I like Grace and her personality. There are many videos I enjoy watching but mostly watch her because I connect well with her.
To reiterate what has been said:
Although everyone is entitled to their opinions but at the end of the day everyone makes mistakes.
I don’t want her automatically canceled just because of some mistakes she’s made on camera and social media. I don’t condone what she’s done but I don’t want her overly scrutinized, especially when there are worse people on social media platforms.
That’s just me.
If she sees some comments on her YouTube or Instagram, I hope she will then learn her lesson.
From her live this morning I would say it’s fairly obvious she or someone she is close with reads here!

Reactions: 2
I think she saved her morning live video.
Hughg: I know you probably weren’t implying it was me but I would like to disclaim that I do not know Grace personally. Just a fan.

Reactions: 1
I dont know what it is about honor but im just not sold on her. If she's in any of the vlogs I fast forward her or just don't watch. I think Grace's appeal is she feels like someone you know & could get on with but she loses that slightly when she's with honor. She asked people if she should get honor on the next live that she does... Grace if you see this please god don't have her on with you 🙈

Reactions: 15
Gosh you’re all living in a very sheltered world aren’t you! If you opened your eyes you’d see that everyone has broken the rules in one way or another, this has been going on for almost a year now. If we compare Grace to every other influencer out there, and even ourselves, she has done little wrong. I mean going to supermarkets.... so what, seeing ONE friend.... well have you seen the parties some have had? And finally, seeing her family... get a bleeping grip people let the girl live
I've been waiting for someone to say this. We can't live locked away in our houses forever, after all and i do think she is being far more cautious than a great deal of people. Also it seems like a great deal of her content requires she buy food and try different things especially for veganuary, it's hard for her to plan her videos around not going to the supermarket, just saying.

Reactions: 19
what did she say? I didn;t watch
She was talking about dates.

I've been waiting for someone to say this. We can't live locked away in our houses forever, after all and i do think she is being far more cautious than a great deal of people. Also it seems like a great deal of her content requires she buy food and try different things especially for veganuary, it's hard for her to plan her videos around not going to the supermarket, just saying.
Don’t think anyone was saying she has to live her life locked away (and she literally lives with her family which is way luckier than a lot of people), but it’s a bit sad if people think “At least she’s not throwing parties” is the standard she should be aiming at.

I actually think it would have been quite nice to see lockdown veganuary content, with her doing one supermarket trip and making stuff, and maybe getting some deliveries or going through one drive thru. I really like her generally and it’s actually quite sad if she feels like she has to break the rules for content, I think a lot of her subs would watch for her whatever she was doing.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
New viewer here.
Could someone give me a rundown on who all these people are?
Chloe
Jesse
Honor

I see you all mentioning them and can’t work out who they are

New viewer here.
Could someone give me a rundown on who all these people are?
Chloe
Jesse
Honor

I see you all mentioning them and can’t work out who they are
Chloe and Jesse are her older siblings, they’re in videos from time to time.
Honor is her best friend, not in vlogs very often I think mostly Instagram?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I watched her live and it sounds like Chloe was set to get married recently but lockdown has meant no weddings are allowed so it’s been postponed. So she probably wouldn’t have cared about limited numbers.

Also, my goodness Grace is a chatterbox in that live hahaha I was out of breath just listening to her! I love that she’s so open about never having a boyfriend, it’s refreshing and no doubt will relieve some of her younger viewers from the pressures of a relationship obsessed world

Reactions: 12
I loved watching her in that Live video. I admire that she can chat all the way through (I know I couldn’t). It’s also really nice to see her just chat away and her perspective of things. Shame that Chloe’s wedding is postponed.
I agree with @rainonme it is refreshing to see someone so open about not having been on a date or kissed. Also she has mentioned in a previous Live that her love language is quality time, which I also like to see her being open about. Because in a intimacy,touch,dating obsessed world (mainly in the western culture) it can be hard to relate, if you’re not into it.
I’m surprised at Grace briefly trying online dating but I feel the same way about online dating.

Reactions: 8
Anybody else noticed during the past two breakfast instagram lives (both lasting about 30 minutes) has seen Grace make toast and hot water during the first 10 minutes (and saying 'she loves the process' ....etc. ) and the next 20 steadfastly fixated on not eating the toast she has prepared... even though a raft of comments on the live ask her to just eat the toast ....she comes out with a raft of excuses including noise / politeness etc. ... who leaves hot fresh toast uneaten??!?! :rolleyes: utterly bizzare

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I don’t find it bizarre because many people don’t like eating while talking or like hearing chewing.
I didn’t think much of it at the time. She probably had breakfast after.
Anybody else noticed during the past two breakfast instagram lives (both lasting about 30 minutes) has seen Grace make toast and hot water during the first 10 minutes (and saying 'she loves the process' ....etc. ) and the next 20 steadfastly fixated on not eating the toast she has prepared... even though a raft of comments on the live ask her to just eat the toast ....she comes out with a raft of excuses including noise / politeness etc. ... who leaves hot fresh toast uneaten??!?! :rolleyes: utterly bizzare
I did find her dismissing almost all of the date ideas that people suggested and coming up with numerous excuses. I get there are some types dates you may not want to go on, which is fair.
But sometimes it’s good to get out of your comfort zone a bit and do something that you wouldn’t normally do.
Which goes back to the post I wrote earlier, that I hope she finds someone suitable but also someone who will get her out of her comfort zone. Because I think she needs that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Gosh you’re all living in a very sheltered world aren’t you! If you opened your eyes you’d see that everyone has broken the rules in one way or another, this has been going on for almost a year now. If we compare Grace to every other influencer out there, and even ourselves, she has done little wrong. I mean going to supermarkets.... so what, seeing ONE friend.... well have you seen the parties some have had? And finally, seeing her family... get a bleeping grip people let the girl live
Let us all live then and we will all just do what we want. This attitude is the reason we have the highest death rate in the world. People like you and Grace who don’t give a tit about anyone as long as they are doing what they want. duck everyone else I’m alright Jack.

• Heart
  • Haha
Let us all live then and we will all just do what we want. This attitude is the reason we have the highest death rate in the world. People like you and Grace who don’t give a tit about anyone as long as they are doing what they want. duck everyone else I’m alright Jack.
I'm sorry but Grace sitting next to her friend outdoors on a park bench doesn't mean she doesn't give a tit about anyone else. Jesus Christ. Its obviously wrong & against the rules but I went out for a walk with my friend the other day & the amount of times as we were chatting we accidentally got closer than 2 meters & had to correct ourselves when we realised. Im sure the majority of people are sticking to the rules but have had the odd slip up, doesn't make us bad people. I obviously dont know Grace or her family but they don't come across as the type to intentionally break the rules & with regards to people being in their house let's remember we don't know exactly when things were filmed & what the rules were at that time as let's face it they have changed ALOT & have varied between areas as well which has been confusing. Yes, Grace has clearly slipped up & broken the rules but I don't think her attitude to the pandemic is "duck everyone else".

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I think there is a massive difference between seeing a friend in an outdoor setting for the sake of your own sanity and the distance not being exactly bloody 2 metres apart and influencers and anyone else swanning off to any country that’ll have them for a holiday. I have friends who have lost relatives, who have vulnerable family members and who have had covid themselves who have seen friends at a distance, not because they don’t give a duck about the pandemic, they know more than anyone how real it is, but because their mental health will quickly deteriorate if they’re not getting the serotonin from interacting with their friend or partner. There is such a difference between ‘omg I just miss the sun so we went to Dubai for the week🙈’ and ‘if I don’t get out of this house for some fresh air and a catch up with my friend for a bit of normality, I’m going to lose my mind’. It is the covid deniers, rule ignorers and ultimately the government who have prolonged this pandemic, not the people who safely meet with a friend once in a while.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
It was more the sharing food and drink with her friends for me, rather than just her drifting closer than 2m occasionally or seeing them outside. Plus having people in the house - it’s fair we don’t know when everything is filmed but assuming her insta stories are real time as they seem to be you can get a fairly good idea of when things were. Nobody is saying she can’t live, and if anything she’s actually really lucky as she lives with people and that she’s close enough to friends to be able to have socially distanced meet ups.

There is a massive difference between Grace and people who disregard all the rules and swan off to Dubai, but as much as they are Grace is choosing to do her level of rule breaking and also broadcast it. I do wonder if the booths have all had COVID because her parents, Chloe and Jesse are all in fairly high risk occupations for it (teachers and TfL) which if they have would completely explain why she probably thinks she’s “safe”.

I’m still subbed to her, I still watch her and I still really like her. I don’t think it’s fair to say she doesn’t give a tit either as she does seem really caring and nice generally but I am disappointed that she’s choosing to show rule breaking and ignore any comments about it.

• Heart
This. I love Grace but there is no excuse for it. Just because other people are doing the same doesn't excuse you.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.