Grackle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Personally I don't see the issue with ad being lowercase, I really can't see what difference it makes? It's the first word which is good, rather than having it hidden at the end of the caption, and it's clear in black & white imo 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 16
Tbh she tagged her earrings too, if you tag the brands it saves answering everyone’s questions about where it was from so I don’t automatically think it’s an undisclosed gift. Although I didn’t see her say she got it gifted at any point on her channel.
It was the second pic which is basically a close up of the clip that made me wonder, she doesn’t normally show her accessories that close up so it seemed odd for her. I know she tends to tag her outfits and stuff like the clip when it’s just visible in the pics of her to save questions.

She might just really like it though, I hope so as I’d like to think she’s honest and would declare it.

Personally I don't see the issue with ad being lowercase, I really can't see what difference it makes? It's the first word which is good, rather than having it hidden at the end of the caption, and it's clear in black & white imo 🤷‍♀️
It is blatant masking. Does it make sense to start a sentence with a lower case then add the next word with a capital? No. influencers do it on purpose. I mean it’s your choice not to have an issue with it, but it is done intentionally by them.

ad should always be written as AD, that’s the correct format of it.

Reactions: 10
I genuinely cannot see why anyone would want to criticise Grace. She’s without a doubt one of the most genuine you tuber’s out there. She’s humble, natural and so endearing.

Watching her latest video made me almost tear up when she felt the need to explain the Chloe / Jessie situation.

There are not many gems in this world but Grace sure is one of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I really liked her q&a. She's always so transparent and she doesn't clickbait questions for her to be like 'omg i can't answer that !!!' or bleep out the answer. I think people do feel like they're entitled to know every detail about influencers' lives so even something that we think she could simply explain like Chloe moving out or her swapping bedrooms (can't say I noticed that but I have missed a couple of her uploads recently), she doesn't actually have to justify why she didn't mention it. I always love when she reminisces on her modelling days - its such a unique experience for her and its really interesting.

Reactions: 15
I don’t have a problem with Grackle - I mean, I probably wouldn’t want the desk next to her in an office as she’d drive me insane but her content’s entertaining. I do find it odd though that she’s 23(?), with a degree and unemployed, as I can’t see her having made enough money from the short time she spent modelling or from YouTube to be able to support herself, but she seems to come from a very close family and if it’s their way to support their kids then that’s great. Equally there may be more to her story than she wants to share and that’s fine, and fair enough its not exactly easy for young people to get into work right now. I do worry though that she seems to be focussing on YouTube as a route to becoming a TV presenter - statistically that’s pretty unlikely and it would be a shame for someone like Grace to find herself in her late 20s with little irl work experience. I know she does a lot of voluntary work but if she suddenly found herself having to get a job she’d be limiting herself a lot. Unless part of her plan is to make enough money to open a cafe and become self-employed, in which case good luck to her and that would be a fascinating journey to share.

Reactions: 3
it would be a shame for someone like Grace to find herself in her late 20s with little irl work experience.
This worries me, too. Kinda OT but having worked in academia I know tonnes of people who have gotten to PhD level, so mid/late 20s typically, and have never had a job. I worked in shops and stuff since I was 15 (considered late to have your first p/t job at the time) and I have noticed that in recent years I don't see as many teens in jobs like that anymore. I really feel for young people, especially at the moment, when every job advert for an entry level position wants 3 years of experience or is an apprenticeship for working as a bloody receptionist or shop assistant (slight hyperbole, but only just).

Grace has volunteered at Chloe's school though and she does a lot for the church, so at least she has some work experience.

Reactions: 7
This worries me, too. Kinda OT but having worked in academia I know tonnes of people who have gotten to PhD level, so mid/late 20s typically, and have never had a job. I worked in shops and stuff since I was 15 (considered late to have your first p/t job at the time) and I have noticed that in recent years I don't see as many teens in jobs like that anymore. I really feel for young people, especially at the moment, when every job advert for an entry level position wants 3 years of experience or is an apprenticeship for working as a bloody receptionist or shop assistant (slight hyperbole, but only just).

Grace has volunteered at Chloe's school though and she does a lot for the church, so at least she has some work experience.
She used to work in BHS

I really enjoy her q&as and I look forward to seeing where her life takes her. I loved how candid she was in this one. She was so wholesome when she was talking about body shaming and talking about loving yourself before accepting someone else's love and about how she wasn't ready for a boyfriend and how lovely her friends are.

Again, I don't think she will do the youtube forever and not sure of her exact stats but I know she's likely making a little more than just pocket money from it. I also think she's had fine work experience for her age and breaking into the modelling world is notoriously difficult so even dipping her toe in as she did is impressive. Also she made sure to mention she's doing plenty outside of youtube, we just don't see it often - especially since she isn't able to physically help out at the church anymore. People can be annoying and definitely want to know everything so I understand her frustration with those that want her to always show everything on camera, she's right to respect her family's privacy.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think her wee bit explaining why there wasn't a vlog for chloe moving out also shows she is more mature than we give her credit for on here. I am abit gutted she didn't answer my question though, I asked if her or anyone in her family accidentally drops an F bomb as they are all so well spoken & I just can't imagine them swearing 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I think her wee bit explaining why there wasn't a vlog for chloe moving out also shows she is more mature than we give her credit for on here. I am abit gutted she didn't answer my question though, I asked if her or anyone in her family accidentally drops an F bomb as they are all so well spoken & I just can't imagine them swearing 😂
Thats a good question tbh 😂

Reactions: 5
Didn’t she used to also work at a school or hospital? Can’t remember which but she did bank work I think like admin ?? She has probably more work experience than a lot of people. Retail, modelling, running youth groups, a degree, a successful YouTube career. She definitely makes a full time wage off YouTube

Reactions: 11
I genuinely cannot see why anyone would want to criticise Grace. She’s without a doubt one of the most genuine you tuber’s out there. She’s humble, natural and so endearing.

Watching her latest video made me almost tear up when she felt the need to explain the Chloe / Jessie situation.

There are not many gems in this world but Grace sure is one of them.
Because she's still a person who is on the internet and makes mistakes. I think it's 100% fair to call her out when she does something wrong or question her decisions. Some people think Zoella is 100% genuine/a gem.

In regards to lower case ad vs AD she should be criticized since others are called out for the same exact thing.

Reactions: 13
I’m not much older than Grace myself (I’m 27) but our upbringing couldn’t be further apart and as some have mentioned at time I do get a little envious of her close family. I have five siblings all half except for one and we all raised each other with not much help from our ‘parents’ and I felt lost as a kid hence why my life turned out the way it did.

That being said as the mother of an 11 year old girl and a 7 month old girl I would be so so proud of my daughter if they were like Grace at her age 🤷‍♀️ The world is a scary place and it’s only getting harder for generations (I lay awake at night wondering what the hell my youngest is going to go through) so it is no wonder her parents have mollycoddled her slightly, I’d do anything to have my girls with me until they are that age and I really hope they stay. I do agree that she is a little immature at times but she is pretty much harmless! I kinda feel very motherly and protective over her because I feel like she might not be cut out to be an ‘influencer’ and receive all the hate she will inevitably get (that comes with having a big following) she’s a very sensitive soul and I hope she doesn’t let people’s observations change her personality as that’s why we all liked her in the first place!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m not much older than Grace myself (I’m 27) but our upbringing couldn’t be further apart and as some have mentioned at time I do get a little envious of her close family. I have five siblings all half except for one and we all raised each other with not much help from our ‘parents’ and I felt lost as a kid hence why my life turned out the way it did.

That being said as the mother of an 11 year old girl and a 7 month old girl I would be so so proud of my daughter if they were like Grace at her age 🤷‍♀️ The world is a scary place and it’s only getting harder for generations (I lay awake at night wondering what the hell my youngest is going to go through) so it is no wonder her parents have mollycoddled her slightly, I’d do anything to have my girls with me until they are that age and I really hope they stay. I do agree that she is a little immature at times but she is pretty much harmless! I kinda feel very motherly and protective over her because I feel like she might not be cut out to be an ‘influencer’ and receive all the hate she will inevitably get (that comes with having a big following) she’s a very sensitive soul and I hope she doesn’t let people’s observations change her personality as that’s why we all liked her in the first place!
Yeah I totally agree, all of the things people complain about are actually things that I find endearing and make me feel protective over her. You and I are a similar age and my life is very different to both yours and Grace's but tbh, I'd have loved to get to her age and not have been forced to 'grow up'. I don't resent it of her, it's actually nice to see someone that age who is still so innocent. And I agree, she's a very sensitive soul and I just worry that what some folk think is 'fair' and 'valid' criticism would be enough to really upset her.

Reactions: 8
I think once you put your life out there you have to accept that not everybody will agree with what ever you do. Its strange as I like Grace but I can't stand how protective some people feel for her on here. Its a gossip site for youtubers and influencers so people will make comments about things she chooses to put online. Nobody is perfect so she will make mistakes in her life but that also means people can pass judgement on it. Like someone above said people like Zoella and Mrs Hinch etc also have those that believe they can do no wrong it doesn't mean those that complain about them are wrong

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I think once you put your life out there you have to accept that not everybody will agree with what ever you do. Its strange as I like Grace but I can't stand how protective some people feel for her on here. Its a gossip site for youtubers and influencers so people will make comments about things she chooses to put online. Nobody is perfect so she will make mistakes in her life but that also means people can pass judgement on it. Like someone above said people like Zoella and Mrs Hinch etc also have those that believe they can do no wrong it doesn't mean those that complain about them are wrong
yep I completely agree. She has broken lockdown rules and I’m not defending her for it. She’s an adult and she should take responsibility for her actions whether she’s sensitive or not I get that.
My point was..I don’t think she is the right sort of person to be an ‘influencer’. She’s very childlike in some ways as other people have pointed out but I don’t believe that to be a bad thing. It is natural for people to comment on you if you’re a social media figure sometimes they’re good comments, sometimes their constructive criticism and other times it is just trolling (death threats etc which I doubt is relevant in Graces case but some people do get them). I personally think Grace is likely to take those comments more to heart than some others would since she doesn’t have to much life experience outside her family home, once again that’s what you get when you put your life out there it’s just an observation of her personality.

Reactions: 7
yep I completely agree. She has broken lockdown rules and I’m not defending her for it. She’s an adult and she should take responsibility for her actions whether she’s sensitive or not I get that.
My point was..I don’t think she is the right sort of person to be an ‘influencer’. She’s very childlike in some ways as other people have pointed out but I don’t believe that to be a bad thing. It is natural for people to comment on you if you’re a social media figure sometimes they’re good comments, sometimes their constructive criticism and other times it is just trolling (death threats etc which I doubt is relevant in Graces case but some people do get them). I personally think Grace is likely to take those comments more to heart than some others would since she doesn’t have to much life experience outside her family home, once again that’s what you get when you put your life out there it’s just an observation of her personality.
yeah I agree, I (assume!) my friends/family like me, but they of course criticise me at times if I do soemthing wrong, blind approval is not natural imo. The fact that she is so affected by any negative criticism (which I imagine must be little as she is generally very unproblematic) for me is weird.... usually anyone at her age has had negative criticism at work/uni etc and can deal with it. Of course no one likes it but she seems to take it too personally

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.