Grackle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don’t know if I’m missing something but what makes you guys think this is cult like?
I’m not religious at all but I assumed most religious people are into their religion because they were bought up that way.. so it doesn’t really shock me that much that most of the family work there?

Reactions: 12
Grace mentions going to church and helping to run youth group but other than that she doesn't mention it very much at all. Religion is clearly an important part of their lives but I think she does a good job of keeping it separate from YouTube.

After looking into her church, they are Pentecostal Christians which is a part of Evangelical Christianity... in brief, they place a lot of importance on scripture and like to have an "active" church. Meaning that members help out where they can and get involved with different activities. I think they're pretty "normal" in that they don't have any particular rules about how people can live their lives (i.e. they're allowed to drink, date, etc.).

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Grace mentions going to church and helping to run youth group but other than that she doesn't mention it very much at all. Religion is clearly an important part of their lives but I think she does a good job of keeping it separate from YouTube.

After looking into her church, they are Pentecostal Christians which is a part of Evangelical Christianity... in brief, they place a lot of importance on scripture and like to have an "active" church. Meaning that members help out where they can and get involved with different activities. I think they're pretty "normal" in that they don't have any particular rules about how people can live their lives (i.e. they're allowed to drink, date, etc.).
These types of Pentecostal religions tend to be very “fundamentalist” though, I.e. not accepting of gay/ lesbian people etc. One of my housemates at uni was like this and some of her views were awful. I know not everyone is the same but all the people I have known in these churches have been

Reactions: 4
These types of Pentecostal religions tend to be very “fundamentalist” though, I.e. not accepting of gay/ lesbian people etc. One of my housemates at uni was like this and some of her views were awful. I know not everyone is the same but all the people I have known in these churches have been
Yeah, that is very true! I don't know what Grace's exact views are but she doesn't strike me as the sort of person who would be anti-LGBTQ+. When you think about her family and how they are supportive of her YouTube channel and her past with fashion modeling - they don't strike me as the extremist type.

I have Christain friends who are part of the church and the LGBTQ+ community and other friends who support these rights but don't believe in sex before marriage or drinking for pleasure... so I guess the spectrum is so wide for these types of views!

Reactions: 5
I had a dalliance with an evangelical megachurch as a student and felt really overwhelmed by how peoples' whole identities were formed and bound to the church. The other students who joined basically exclusively dated one another and friendship groups were very tight knit within the church. The live band whilst good at playing would do the powerchords and drones and emotive tunes that would whip you into a frenzy of emotion and the paid teams would often be families. I realised it was not for me as it made me feel inadequate (i.e. if you didn't want to go on mission trips to Africa somehow they made me feel unholy, also no one wanted to date me and I was like the gooseberry to everyone else partnering up).
Very happy to have left religion behind. So yes first hand it *can* be very cult like in those types of churches. Usually the people are people with good hearts but you very much adopt a hive mind and socialize almost exclusively in those circles especially when they are megachurches. So I can totally understand how the Booths are all involved because that's typical for members of a family to all assume a role.

That said, I bloody love Grace, because her channel is not used as an evangelical medium. It's her, her brilliant ramblings, her shopping trips and quirks. Such a breath of fresh air and seems a genuinely nice person.

Reactions: 14
They only thing I would fine 'weird' is that it looks like a mega church? I would have assumed they would go for a more traditional vibe church. But what do I know, never been to church myself.
Her family seems down to earth and normal and as long as they are accepting of other people, I'm fine with it. I guess for outsiders it might seem cult like to live your life for the church but if that makes you happy?

I like Grace a lot, she seems kind and fun. Her dad is hilarious.

Reactions: 3
They only thing I would fine 'weird' is that it looks like a mega church? I would have assumed they would go for a more traditional vibe church. But what do I know, never been to church myself.
Her family seems down to earth and normal and as long as they are accepting of other people, I'm fine with it. I guess for outsiders it might seem cult like to live your life for the church but if that makes you happy?

I like Grace a lot, she seems kind and fun. Her dad is hilarious.
Her Dad is fab. My favourite one is when they both paint along with a Bob Ross video it’s fun!

Reactions: 5
Besides the occasional mention that Grace is helping out at Church, I’ve never seen her be pushy about her faith (unless I’ve missed something). Her faith is something she has outside of vlogging.

Reactions: 15
I am surprised anyone would consider Grace judgmental! 😲 She did admit she might have been a little more judgmental in the past, I guess we can all be a bit judgmental in our own way though.. That friend knew her since birth as well and looked like a church friend.

Reactions: 8
I think he works for TFL? I saw someone mention it in a comment on one of her videos a while back. Think the person saw him in public with a TFL lanyard or something.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Aw omg 🥺 I was just chilling on tattle and found this thread for Grace. I’ve watched her since she’s had around 70k and when I first found her I literally watched every single one of her videos. (If you go back and watch the old ones they’re truly as good as the gems she puts out nowadays!) I find Grace very weirdly attractive too? I’m a straight female but I just think she’s so attractive? Just the whole effortless “I don’t care” “I do what I want and what makes me happy” and how she is just so content within herself makes her so attractive and I just think she’s really beautiful! I’ve seen a few comments before lingering around on her YouTube videos asking her if she would ever “swing the other way” because she’s obviously religious. Anyways lol what a long weird reply but I love Grace and I’m so happy I’ve found this thread 😁

• Heart
I have watched a couple of her videos. I love the family dynamic. She is a beautiful person, I agree. I have no problem with anyone’s spirituality and beliefs as long as it isn’t rammed down others’ throats or used to oppress. In fact, it can be a wholly positive thing and give people purpose and solace. And a very tight community.

I am worried for her. Accutane can wreak havoc on your mental health. I know she’s not taken this decision lightly but I do hope she keeps an eye on her mood.

Reactions: 2
I am worried for her. Accutane can wreak havoc on your mental health. I know she’s not taken this decision lightly but I do hope she keeps an eye on her mood.
I know what you mean but my sister was a similar age when she eventually went on it & she actually suffered from quite bad anxiety at the time so was very wary. However, she found as her skin improved her mental health actually did as well, I don't think she realised how much her acne was affecting her mood untill it started to clear. I think Grace seems like she might be the same & I'm sure her family will keep a close eye on her, she seems like she has a really good support network & think she could end up making some really helpful videos from this.

Reactions: 9
It makes me so happy to see Grace getting excited about looking around supermarkets and trying new/different foods. That is something I enjoy as well, and I always thought I was a weirdo for it 😂. My friends used to say things like "calm down, it's only food".
I'm so envious of Grace's metabolism though.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.