Grackle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to be part of a church that went to big Christian festivals, that gives me similar vibes to Grace's church. Personlly I don't think it's cult like, everone I met were welcoming and accepting, and no sort of "fundamentalist" vibes. Although I'm no longer a Christian I don't get any bad vibes from this church; it obviously has a positive impact on the Booths lives. There are different denominations of Christianity that are so so much worse in terms of brainwashing and anti-LQBTQ+ for example.

On another note I really hope Accutane helps Grace out, her acne obviously afects her and I can really sympathise with her on it, it's obviously a big decision but it sems she's thought about this thouroughly

Reactions: 5
I know what you mean but my sister was a similar age when she eventually went on it & she actually suffered from quite bad anxiety at the time so was very wary. However, she found as her skin improved her mental health actually did as well, I don't think she realised how much her acne was affecting her mood untill it started to clear. I think Grace seems like she might be the same & I'm sure her family will keep a close eye on her, she seems like she has a really good support network & think she could end up making some really helpful videos from this.
I think her family will be amazingly supportive. I just don't want our lovely girl to feel bad. I am more concerned about the mood changes that come when you are withdrawing the drug. It can wreak havoc in otherwise mentally healthy people.

Reactions: 2
I love Grace and her "feel good" videos, the whole purely awesome atmosphere in her family, all the silly videos ideas that Grace gets into 100% despite that other youtubers might see it as not cool enough i.e. she gives me good old Youtube vibe. Her being religious does not irritate me at all, maybe that child-mind/excitment about everything a little bit, but then I remind myself that it is so rare in nowadays that it should be preserved 😅 the only thing I don't like about her videos is... how much stuff she buys. Correct me if I am wrong, but she has pointed out few times already how less wastefull she wants to be, and that is why she is on life-long search of reusable cup, but up to now how many of these she has already bought? Also, all those one purpose kitchen gadgets and equipment that newly appears and appears in her kitchen and then she uses it like twice a year, or stuff from Insta adds and etc. It was one of the reasons why I also disliked Christmas in July video. Christmas idea itself was nice, but all those crackers and not really needed gifts for the family. It just looks like over-consumption for me. I wish she would concentrate more on videos where ordering stuff is not that essential i.e. on baking or social ideas... Still, one of my fav youtubers 🙌

Reactions: 10
I am with you on the over-consumption. I give her a pass though because she usually buys the stuff herself! I’ve never once seen her do a sponsored video.

Reactions: 6
@Vanessajenkins Yeah, I do agree with that. It such a good feeling to watch a video and not to be afraid that some Lush's or similar advert is creeping from behind 😅 I just remember how she made hotel breakfast for her family - i loooved the video itself - but she bought a plastic cornflakes/granolla dispenser thingy? I remember rolling my eyes so hard 😅 I hope nobody got motivated to get one for themselves, even how much excited Grace was 🙌

Reactions: 3
@Vanessajenkins Yeah, I do agree with that. It such a good feeling to watch a video and not to be afraid that some Lush's or similar advert is creeping from behind 😅 I just remember how she made hotel breakfast for her family - i loooved the video itself - but she bought a plastic cornflakes/granolla dispenser thingy? I remember rolling my eyes so hard 😅 I hope nobody got motivated to get one for themselves, even how much excited Grace was 🙌
That hotel breakfast video warmed my heart. Her family were so grateful. I do hope they continue to use the dispensers though!

Reactions: 8
I would love to know her views on the LGBTQ+ community as a gay gal myself. I love Grace and she's probably one of the only people I can watch no matter the content because I adore her personality. With that said, I always err on the side of caution with religious YouTubers and, due to my own bad experiences with people around me, worry that my favourite content creators will be a part of a church or a side of a religion which is heavily anti-LGBTQ+ 😔

She doesn't seem to be the kind to share opinions or views, and she clearly avoids politics. I would just love to hear some of her views and beliefs because it would be nice to understand her more!

Reactions: 9
I think she would surprise you. Churches in England have gay vicars now 🤷‍♀️ If the Church doesn’t judge, I doubt she would x

Reactions: 14
I think she would surprise you. Churches in England have gay vicars now 🤷‍♀️ If the Church doesn’t judge, I doubt she would x
I agree! I think her outlook on the whole BLM was incredibly positive and when you look at her church it seems very inclusive, catering to many.

The one thing I love about Grace is she is obviously very passionate about her faith but in no way does she shove it down your throat or preach at you, so her opinions on others never cross my mind as I don’t watch her as a Christian vlogger, I watch her as Grackle!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I agree! I think her outlook on the whole BLM was incredibly positive and when you look at her church it seems very inclusive, catering to many.

The one thing I love about Grace is she is obviously very passionate about her faith but in no way does she shove it down your throat or preach at you, so her opinions on others never cross my mind as I don’t watch her as a Christian vlogger, I watch her as Grackle!
I'll be honest, maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention to her videos, but until it was discussed on here, I didn't realise she was even religious, never mind her family being so important in her church.

And I like that, you don't watch her for her religion,and she doesn't shove it on your face or preach or anything. It's nice.

Reactions: 4
I just love grackle! You can tell she just loves creating content. I wonder why she turns off her comments on her instagram stories and when she asks for advice etc she gives her email. Sometimes when she posted a story I just want to quickly comment saying how funny and entertaining she is. Also Jessie is a little bit of a sort...

Hi. I've not posted before, but I adore Grace.

Regarding the discussions to do with her religion: having grown up in (and subsequently left) a "born again" type of Christianity, I must admit that some things that she has said regarding her church have made my warning signals (if you will) go up. However, the way that she talks about her faith, which is not the same as religion, is very mature and accepting. She actually addresses it in an early Q and A.

I love Grace. Like others have said, she is a breath of fresh air. I hope she doesn't play on the childish excitement thing so that it becomes unbearable, but I honestly don't think she will. Love Grace <3

Edit - punctuation

Reactions: 5
💯 She is spiritual and it undoubtedly guides her as she walks through life. I wish I had that sort of comfort and energy. Her family are just adorable and I think their church has played a big role in their development.

Reactions: 6
That’s only the church of zEngland, the Catholic Church still don’t even have female priests 😡 and as people have said the type of church she is a member of tends to be more “fundamentalist”

I did a Google as you suggested. The church itself is fairly new and doesn’t pigeonhole itself into an existing model. One of the core values of the church is ‘Acceptance.’ This is a direct quote from their website: ‘We accept people, not judging them but demonstrating God's love for all.’ I hope that this means that they accept LGBTQ+

Reactions: 4
Not every Christian church automatically = unaccepting, anti-LGBT, hateful, ect

The church itself looks very family-oriented and very accepting and positive even though I have no interest in going to a church.

I actually like that she’s not trying to shove all her views down your throat like so many other youtubers. I’m sure she has opinions and views on some things but she’s not going to share them and that’s fine. Seeing someone who avoids politics for once is nice. If she was more vocal there would likely be people that would stop watching her regardless of what she thinks just because its become such a divisive and toxic thing. Grace herself is a very accepting and open-minded person, she definitely doesn't want to offend anyone.

I agree on the consumption stuff as well. I sometimes think Grace feels like she has to keep putting out videos multiple times a week because she’s now pretty much become a fulltime youtuber and feels that it is expected of her to make a lot of videos, but it also wouldn’t hurt her to slow down a bit and her subscribers would understand! Personally I don't mind so much if she did start doing sponsorships but i know she worries it would make her seem less authentic and turn people off.

You can always message the church through its public platforms and enquire as to their views. I am sure they would be happy to tell you, most churches would!

I’d be very surprised if Grace or her family were anti LGBT at all. I have no knowledge of her church or faith- I’m atheist myself- but I just dont get that vibe from her at all. She seems very accepting and forward thinking. Also, with her dad being headmaster of a secondary school, I think that makes it even more likely he’d be part of an anti LGBT religion as that just wouldnt fly these days.

Just adding to the comments that I love Grace and her videos and I’m so happy to find so many others see her this way. Her videos is like a mix of old style Youtube vlogs and new YT vids but without all the bullshit, and she just seems the most refreshing, genuine, funny and interesting person. Her vids make me feel better after watching them and even inspired.

Grackle all the way

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.