Grackle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree we need to normalise acne. My skin is so much better now but when I was a late teen/early 20s my skin made me so self conscious to the point that I wouldn’t even want to leave the house because I felt so down about it. I hope she doesn’t ever feel like that because it’s not worth it. Acne is a real problem that many people go though and it shouldn’t be shamed. I also think I remember her mentioning that she is on a dermatology waiting list? I imagine Covid has pushed it back a lot.

In other news, her new video surprising her family with Christmas in July to give back to them for working so hard during the pandemic is the purest thing ever 🥺. They were all so grateful and you could just tell that Grace was loving doing it for them. I was cackling at the very end when she was going to bed and you could see she was getting teary eyed, then she said ‘I’m getting emotional’ really quietly and the video abruptly ends there. She is just so precious. Striving to be more like Grace in my life.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Oh no. This thread was so positive until now. I admire her so much for NOT covering her acne. Imagine the young girls watching, seeing Grace an ex model no less, with acne! I’m sure it makes a lot of them feel less alone!! Normalise it. Show it. It’s reality. Not many people have clear perfect skin. We are far more than our appearance!!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I agree we need to normalise acne. My skin is so much better now but when I was a late teen/early 20s my skin made me so self conscious to the point that I wouldn’t even want to leave the house because I felt so down about it. I hope she doesn’t ever feel like that because it’s not worth it. Acne is a real problem that many people go though and it shouldn’t be shamed. I also think I remember her mentioning that she is on a dermatology waiting list? I imagine Covid has pushed it back a lot.

In other news, her new video surprising her family with Christmas in July to give back to them for working so hard during the pandemic is the purest thing ever 🥺. They were all so grateful and you could just tell that Grace was loving doing it for them. I was cackling at the very end when she was going to bed and you could see she was getting teary eyed, then she said ‘I’m getting emotional’ really quietly and the video abruptly ends there. She is just so precious. Striving to be more like Grace in my life.
she’s so pure and needs protecting at all costs

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I came along to say that I LOVED the Christmas video. She seems to have just the sweetest family. I’d love to know them or have them as neighbours.

Someone mentioned that Grace is very creative and that’s why her videos work. I think a major factor is that she is not looking for the next sponsorship or brand deal. She’s not trying to get mega views or subs. This means she can do what she wants and it just works.

On her acne, I look at it and feel nothing but sympathy. It looks very painful and I know she’s waiting to see a dermatologist. I’m glad she’s not covering it. That would probably hurt her more than help her. And, as others have said, she’s normalising it.

Let’s keep our Grace Space positive, ok? Xxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I loved her Christmas in July! Can’t say enough positive things about her and her family. She’s such a fun and lovely person all around. As someone who really struggled with acne as a teenager I emphathise with her a lot. She seems so confident in herself and I think that’s what really matters. She really is a breath of fresh air not like all the youtubers who cake their faces in makeup in every video.

Reactions: 9
I loved her Christmas in July! Can’t say enough positive things about her and her family. She’s such a fun and lovely person all around. As someone who really struggled with acne as a teenager I emphathise with her a lot. She seems so confident in herself and I think that’s what really matters. She really is a breath of fresh air not like all the youtubers who cake their faces in makeup in every video.
Exactly this. I'd rather see her just being herself - acne included - than layered in an inch of make-up and/or heavily photoshopped . Her videos have also helped me have a much healthier relationship with food. Can't sing her praises enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Exactly this. I'd rather see her just being herself - acne included - than layered in an inch of make-up and/or heavily photoshopped . Her videos have also helped me have a much healthier relationship with food. Can't sing her praises enough.
i’m with you on the food! she just brings a sense of normality and i just love her, id love to be her bestie

Reactions: 6
i love that she was a model yet isnt at all appearance focused, it doesnt surprise meshe quit i cannot imagine her getting on with other models etc. her latest video, yet again such a creative original idea

Reactions: 8
Someone mentioned that Grace is very creative and that’s why her videos work. I think a major factor is that she is not looking for the next sponsorship or brand deal. She’s not trying to get mega views or subs. This means she can do what she wants and it just works.
I was having similar thoughts watching her earlier. She must be getting a decent number of brand offers coming her way and I don’t think she’s done a single one, has she ? Very commendable. I wonder why. Is it she doesn’t like the idea of not having full creative control ? Or she couldn’t fake enthusiasm about a product (that I can easily believe) and nothing she likes enough has come up - like, lush say? Maybe she just doesn’t want to be doing any YouTube for money. I hope it’s not because of audience criticism, she does seem sensitive about that. I hope she knows most of us would fully support her making a bit of extra cash - we know she deserves it, don’t we?

On the acne i also had similar thoughts. Those being however ‘unpleasant’ to look at it’s my issue to deal with. I think it’ll be so helpful for teens struggling with confidence because of their acne, i was lucky to avoid it but remember how devastating it was for friends. I think she’s doing something very brave and important.

Now I’m afraid I’m going to bring the tone down. To preface you can see how fond I am of Grace and her personality from the above or my many other contributions to this thread. But i didn’t like the Christmas video. I can’t be alone. I thought it was a bit “much.” I’m sorry but at times I find her childishness a bit frustrating. Especially since it almost seems to be getting more pronounced as she gets older... sometimes it actually seems like she is a child in a woman’s body.. which is a bit disconcerting. I dunno, not a fan. Also I’m finding her ‘random observations’ “don’t you think xyz mundanity is such an incredible thing” a little annoying and dare I say, contrived ?
I think this thread and her channel can take a bit of healthy criticism, she’s so outstandingly charming in general. Not everyone can like everything.

Reactions: 8
I was having similar thoughts watching her earlier. She must be getting a decent number of brand offers coming her way and I don’t think she’s done a single one, has she ? Very commendable. I wonder why. Is it she doesn’t like the idea of not having full creative control ? Or she couldn’t fake enthusiasm about a product (that I can easily believe) and nothing she likes enough has come up - like, lush say? Maybe she just doesn’t want to be doing any YouTube for money. I hope it’s not because of audience criticism, she does seem sensitive about that. I hope she knows most of us would fully support her making a bit of extra cash - we know she deserves it, don’t we?
Grace did an interview on a podcast in October last year its called "What adults don't tell you before you adult" its not really my kind of thing but she said some interesting stuff & she mentioned not wanting to do any sponsors in case her audience didn't like it & will turn on her, which I agree is a shame. She did say her subscribers do tell her to go for it but she doesn't want to be a sell out. I listened to it on Spotify if you want to hear it

Reactions: 3
Grace did an interview on a podcast in October last year its called "What adults don't tell you before you adult" its not really my kind of thing but she said some interesting stuff & she mentioned not wanting to do any sponsors in case her audience didn't like it & will turn on her, which I agree is a shame. She did say her subscribers do tell her to go for it but she doesn't want to be a sell out. I listened to it on Spotify if you want to hear it
She has promoted literally everything what a joke. Evens stuff like those BAC supplements or whatever they’re called that she had previously said were unnecessary

• Wow
Reactions: 1
She has promoted literally everything what a joke. Evens stuff like those BAC supplements or whatever they’re called that she had previously said were unnecessary
Are you thinking of Grace Beverley, rather than Grackle?

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Are you thinking of Grace Beverley, rather than Grackle?
Ahhh sorry I posted this before coffee!!!! I thought the poster was insane 😂 of course I meant this about grace 😂 ignore me 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Now I’m afraid I’m going to bring the tone down. To preface you can see how fond I am of Grace and her personality from the above or my many other contributions to this thread. But i didn’t like the Christmas video. I can’t be alone. I thought it was a bit “much.” I’m sorry but at times I find her childishness a bit frustrating. Especially since it almost seems to be getting more pronounced as she gets older... sometimes it actually seems like she is a child in a woman’s body.. which is a bit disconcerting. I dunno, not a fan. Also I’m finding her ‘random observations’ “don’t you think xyz mundanity is such an incredible thing” a little annoying and dare I say, contrived ?
I think this thread and her channel can take a bit of healthy criticism, she’s so outstandingly charming in general. Not everyone can like everything.
I strongly believe that everyone should have the right to an opinion and even if Grace isn’t someone’s Cup of tea or she may seem childish, it’s her personality. I’d dislike her to suddenly change to her personality and act ‘grown up’ just to make her audience feel happier. She may have child like tendencies but she seems pretty mature when discussing important issues. Plus at 23 she’s still pretty young and has plenty of time to ‘adult’.
I absolutely agree to you tubers and channels being open to criticism but I think when it’s a personal issue (like the youtubers personality etc) then it’s not really a case of changing content/filming style. It’s nice to get a different perspective on things though :)

Reactions: 9
I don’t particularly think Grace is childish I just think she’s lead a very loving, sheltered and privileged life. These are by no means negatives. I just think she’s not had some of the life experiences of other people her age yet and that’s absolutely fine. I think she’s just a positive and grateful individual that finds the good in everything. I think it’s quite refreshing seeing someone like Grace on YouTube when you’ve got the likes of Anastasia Kingsnorth banging on about sucking dick at 18.
I think Grace is a great reminder that you can be happy without the pressures of drugs, sex, alcohol, boys etc. I think a lot of people can relate to her.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I don’t particularly think Grace is childish I just think she’s lead a very loving, sheltered and privileged life. These are by no means negatives. I just think she’s not had some of the life experiences of other people her age yet and that’s absolutely fine. I think she’s just a positive and grateful individual that finds the good in everything. I think it’s quite refreshing seeing someone like Grace on YouTube when you’ve got the likes of Anastasia Kingsnorth banging on about sucking dick at 18.
I think Grace is a great reminder that you can be happy without the pressures of drugs, sex, alcohol, boys etc. I think a lot of people can relate to her.
Totally agree, I love grace and I love most of her videos. The only negative I could say is the religion her family seem to be part of (if I am right) is one of these bizarre born again Christian ones...almost cultish

I'll chime in as well on the acne... I had very, very bad acne as a teen and a year on accutane cleared it all up. As a teen I was heavily interested in makeup, and would not leave the house without a thick layer of foundation on. When my skin cleared up, I realised I had zero interest in makeup and it was just to cover my insecurities. It made me realise how much it affected me; to make me think I was so into makeup as a 'hobby' and it would have been such a BREATH of FRESH AIR if there was a youtuber like her when I was younger.

Totally agree, I love grace and I love most of her videos. The only negative I could say is the religion her family seem to be part of (if I am right) is one of these bizarre born again Christian ones...almost cultish
Yeah but she's not overly in your face about it so I don't really mind

I thought they were just Christian? What makes you think it’s a bit weird? Genuinely interested as I might have missed it.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.