Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Regina George

VIP Member
I love this thread ❤ It just goes to show we’re not the ‘nasty bullies’ influencers try and paint us out to be, when the YouTuber is honest, hardworking and grateful we appreciate it!

• Heart
Reactions: 20

hrh89

VIP Member
I also disagree with the above post. It’s sad to see people immediately assume ED purely because she is very slim and focuses a lot on food. Would anyone suffering really go to such extreme lengths as to do a baking degree? I don’t think many people would put themselves through torture like that if they had an eating disorder. She’s always been slim since a child nothing about her weight or appearance has changed. I have never once had any thought of her having any sort of ED. She tries loads of different foods loves cooking and baking. I think the fact she bakes things she doesn’t eat is purely because she adores her family. As we’ve all said many times you only have to look and her mum and Chloe to see it’s blatant genetics.

She has also been super open about being insecure of what she calls “lanky” limbs etc when she does try ons. She knows she slim and I get the impression it’s not super wonderful all the time she definitely has insecurities like everyone else. She doesn’t flaunt or body check.

it’s actually weird because up until a week ago or so this thread had never ventured into those sort of assumptions. Just wondering where it’s coming from and nothing about her has changed

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Deepsigh2018

VIP Member
I like Grace and in general have nothing bad to say about her a few things slightly annoy me but overall I think she's fine. However I have thought for a while how people on here refuse to let anyone say anything bad about her. She's human, she will make mistakes like i'm sure everybody does and I think its also fine for others to comment on how they feel about those mistakes she makes especially as she has put it on a public platform.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Whatever123

VIP Member
I saw grace and honour today. Their friendship seemed very genuine and they just clearly enjoy spending time together. I personally loved their video. It’s hard in lockdown and tbh who can blame them for getting so excited? Life is so boring right now.

I found this thread by accident and started watching. Is it a rave thread? Sometimes it doesn’t seem that way

• Heart

Sybil

Chatty Member
Am I the only person who has to check this thread just to make sure that only good things are being said about our lovely Grackle? 😆

• Heart

opal73

VIP Member
Gosh you’re all living in a very sheltered world aren’t you! If you opened your eyes you’d see that everyone has broken the rules in one way or another, this has been going on for almost a year now. If we compare Grace to every other influencer out there, and even ourselves, she has done little wrong. I mean going to supermarkets.... so what, seeing ONE friend.... well have you seen the parties some have had? And finally, seeing her family... get a fucking grip people let the girl live
I've been waiting for someone to say this. We can't live locked away in our houses forever, after all and i do think she is being far more cautious than a great deal of people. Also it seems like a great deal of her content requires she buy food and try different things especially for veganuary, it's hard for her to plan her videos around not going to the supermarket, just saying.

Sweetcorn

Chatty Member
In the past Grace had said that she doesn’t really like portraying the image of a ‘professional baker’ and doing videos like someone above mentioned (ie getting technical etc) and I can’t blame her. Doing those things opens you up to so much scrutiny. If she did videos like that, she would get people blasting her in the comments saying she ‘said the wrong thing’ or what she said wasn’t ‘accurate’ so I’m sure she doesn’t want to come across like ‘she knows best’ because people would 100% pick her apart.

And yeah she’s said so many times that she’s more interested in the product development side of baking and that’s where she thrives. People on here mentioning how she’s not really that ‘skilled’ at baking just because she’s not a keen decorator is probably the very reason she doesn’t want to do in-depth baking videos. She knows people will pull her apart for it 🤷🏼‍♀️.

• Heart
I do love Grace. But her videos with Honor are really, really starting to grate on me. It’s like she tried to hard. Like. I love the girl. But always reminds me of school where girls change to fit in with the popular girls. It’s just so over the top.

She's only 22/23, she has a degree so obviously has the ability to do stuff, and also its a pandemic! She can't go anywhere so baking cakes is a decent use of time I feel.
Also she's the youngest of three so she probably has been sheltered and coddled but I feel like she'll be forced to "grow up" when she moves out 😃

BalkanBae

I’m sure that Grace will find someone no doubt. There are plenty of people who are in their early 20s and aren’t in a relationship or dating. I’m sure that will all come with time. It’s a shame that with the pandemic, she can’t go out and meet new people.
While I want the very best for Grace and for her to find someone suitable for her, I hope she has the opportunity to meet new people beyond her circle and go out of her comfort zone.

• Heart

Irec

I genuinely cannot see why anyone would want to criticise Grace. She’s without a doubt one of the most genuine you tuber’s out there. She’s humble, natural and so endearing.

Watching her latest video made me almost tear up when she felt the need to explain the Chloe / Jessie situation.

There are not many gems in this world but Grace sure is one of them.

• Heart
TW - ED.

I have an ED, and I occasionally watch Grace, not so much anymore, but I still love her content. I do not think that she has an ED. From her videos I think her relationship with food is healthy and she is just naturally skinny. However, I cannot say with full certainty what her relationship with food is like. But I don't think it is a cause for concern. She appears to have a balanced diet, and eats at set meal times with her family, who all seem to promote healthy relationships with food. This something I would never do during the worst periods of restriction, which is why it was so easy to hide my ED.

Grace has never over indulged or restricted in a video, and I truly believe that she listens to when her body needs food. She is an ex-model, and so it is likely that she just has a naturally slim body type, and has explained that she did not like the modelling industry. But appears to have a very healthy attitude towards her own body image.

As someone who has an ED, I feel that Grace's content is quite reassuring that you can have a healthy relationship with food. I feel that Grace is also acknowledges those who may have an ED, by posting trigger warnings on any content she feels may be particularly triggering. Her videos often make me feel safe and reassured in a way, and I like that.

I think people need to get out of the headspace of accusing others of having an ED purely due to their body size. That reinforces unhealthy ideals about eating disorders. If graces attitude towards food or body image was a cause for concern I think it would be different but in my opinion they are not.

• Heart

orlyb1310

VIP Member
She's only 23 or so though, isn't she? I would imagine she seems immature because she lived at home for uni and stuff. I would imagine that being in the modelling world she would have been exposed to drink and drugs. I just guess it depends on how we're defining immaturity. She seems very responsible, so mature in that sense, but I do think that she sometimes plays up the 'childlike' persona.

When I think back to when I was 23, I wasn't exactly mature, but I thought I was because I'd done uni, living away from my parents, taking care of rent and bills etc, but in other ways I was super immature. I read somewhere that the 30s are the new 20s and 20s are the new teens because of how society is at the moment. I think that's kind of reductivist, but I do kind of get it. I think Grace is just very fun loving. I think her attitude is actually quite mature for a 23 year old - saving for a house, thinking about a career etc.

Idk 🤷‍♂️
She's a couple of years older than me and probably more mature despite the fact that I moved out for uni (until lockdown :( ). She leads a youth group, volunteered at the school before covid, pretty much takes care of the house during the week and cooks the family dinners along with the bakes too, has her own car so is probably responsible for all of the finances to do with it, has been in the 'real' world with modelling and has had retail jobs alongside that so she isn't shy of responsibility. I think if you ignored all of this, yes she would seem a bit 'stunted' for her age but obviously you can't ignore what shes done. If she doesn't want to leave home just yet, that shouldn't be the basis of her maturity level. There's no point her being miserable in an overpriced flat just to live up to the expectations of her age. It might just not be important to her yet. Olivia Neill moved to London at 19 and as you can see from her thread, all she really does is go to sainsburys and cocaine. I think when there is such an emphasis on maturing as soon as you hit a certain age, it results in people who are probably a bit lost and wished they'd worked on themselves before rushing about and pretending to be an adult. Its the same with children, they're judged on what stages they're meeting at certain times, as if all children are going to develop at the exact same rate. We should just realise that everyone is individual and something that may seem weird and babyish to you is just normal for her.

• Heart

kbjhguih

VIP Member
If she shared her political/religious beliefs I wouldn’t mind but people somewhere would complain about it, she doesn’t and people still complain. So I agree, she cant win being a youtuber there's always going to be someone out there finding something about her to criticise even though she's clearly a lovely and genuine person. Literally everything has become polticised in some way so I’m also not sure I entirely agree with being nonpolitical = privilege. I like to see her baking and just chilling with her family, that’s the main reason why I watch.
I agree with this.

I love a bit of politics (I have a degree in it) but I don't want nor care to want to learn everyones ideologies and political beliefs etc in order to watch little family vlogs on YouTube. As long as she isn't engaging in targeted hate (racism, sexism, homophobia ... ), or pushing her followers to support things that do push these horrible ideals, then she's great in my book. If I only followed people exactly the same as me, i'd be bored to death. Yeah, she may be religious and I am not the biggest fan of organised religion, but she doesn't push her family and their beliefs on those who watch her at all --so there's really not an issue there.

If I were her, I wouldn't talk about it either, and she shouldn't have to.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

orlyb1310

VIP Member
If Grackle vlogs bits of her sister’s wedding it will mean she’s turned to the dark side and there’s no hope of getting back. I would hope she still has the sense to know what’s vlog-worthy and what is a private family event that should not be shared with the world.
I don't think this is entirely true. I personally don't think she'll upload much wedding content but its a big day in her life and its not as if she'd ever film the vows or first dance or anything mega personal. But having a vlog of her (presumably) being a bridesmaid or showing the cake isn't entirely off brand for Grace. She films xmas day and other things which obviously aren't exactly equivalent but she doesn't completely shut off her family life from youtube. I'm sure she'll respect Chloe and her fiance's wishes either way and anything she does upload will be done with the Grace flare that we all love.

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
I don't think this is entirely true. I personally don't think she'll upload much wedding content but its a big day in her life and its not as if she'd ever film the vows or first dance or anything mega personal. But having a vlog of her (presumably) being a bridesmaid or showing the cake isn't entirely off brand for Grace. She films xmas day and other things which obviously aren't exactly equivalent but she doesn't completely shut off her family life from youtube. I'm sure she'll respect Chloe and her fiance's wishes either way and anything she does upload will be done with the Grace flare that we all love.
i think she will listen to what her sister wants as she clearly already does that, hence no one knowing about her fiance

• Heart

Reign

I love Grace I just caught up on some of her recent videos and the one she uploaded on the 9th on Extra Grack she was talking about that Take That song giving her "a bit PTSD" Or something and I remember in a video a few months ago she said something similar (pretty sure it was something about a cake going wrong) and PTSD and I remember being a bit upset by it because I have PTSD myself because of abuse when I was a child and been struggling more in lockdown so maybe I'm just being super sensitive but I feel like it's kinda like when people say "oh I really love cleaning its like I have OCD". I don't know if I'm maybe being too sensitive about it x

• Heart
Update on the grackle vs LGBT+. New video and she does a shout out to the Girl who serves her the croissant in veggie pret and also shouts out to her GF as well. So there you go folks, another tick on the reasons why we love grackle 🥰

hrh89

VIP Member
The thing I like is you can tell she’s productive throughout the day unlike a lot of youtubers who roll out of bed at lunchtime and stay in their pyjamas all day. She gets up early, obviously helps out a lot around the house, bakes and most likely cooks dinner for her family whilst they’re out at work and does her YouTube stuff. She actually fills her day rather than just waiting for another brand deal.

Deepsigh2018

VIP Member
I think once you put your life out there you have to accept that not everybody will agree with what ever you do. Its strange as I like Grace but I can't stand how protective some people feel for her on here. Its a gossip site for youtubers and influencers so people will make comments about things she chooses to put online. Nobody is perfect so she will make mistakes in her life but that also means people can pass judgement on it. Like someone above said people like Zoella and Mrs Hinch etc also have those that believe they can do no wrong it doesn't mean those that complain about them are wrong

• Heart