Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Crapbag

Who else watched the breakfast buffet video? The effort she goes to with her videos and to simply please her family.. Love her! Completely genuine and in it for the right reasons - she’s passionate, creative and good fun. The sort of YouTuber that you wouldn’t mind your children watching, and I love the relationship between her family. 10/10, and she deserves all the success 👏

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Vanessajenkins

I came along to say that I LOVED the Christmas video. She seems to have just the sweetest family. I’d love to know them or have them as neighbours.

Someone mentioned that Grace is very creative and that’s why her videos work. I think a major factor is that she is not looking for the next sponsorship or brand deal. She’s not trying to get mega views or subs. This means she can do what she wants and it just works.

On her acne, I look at it and feel nothing but sympathy. It looks very painful and I know she’s waiting to see a dermatologist. I’m glad she’s not covering it. That would probably hurt her more than help her. And, as others have said, she’s normalising it.

Let’s keep our Grace Space positive, ok? Xxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Sweetcorn

Chatty Member
I’ve been watching Grace for years. I can’t believe how her subs have grown! (well I can). I agree with everything said, she’s such a breath of fresh air.

Some things that I’ve noticed that make me like her is how.. normal she is? I feel like most youtubers are so lazy, sleep all day, look like they don’t shower, act really entitled, are spoiled, have people doing everything for them, complain all the time, either eat like crap or are too ‘clean eating’ to the point that it makes you feel like shit, like to be preachy about their views (when they actually know nothing about what they are talking about) and all they want to do is talk about how HARD it is doing YouTube. How much time it takes. How much stress there is. How tired they are. They make excuses for not sticking to their twice weekly uploads because ‘iT’s JuSt ToO mUcH’. Then the videos they put out is just regurgitated content that they have copied from someone else.

With Grace we see her getting up and starting her day at a reasonable time and actually doing things for herself. Yes she lives at home but she still does her own washing, cooks for herself and even cooks a lot for her family. She’s always mentioning doing chores around the house and cleaning the bathroom etc. Likes to help out by doing the food shop for her family. She actually eats fairly normal food. She (pre lockdown) baby sat for family friends and volunteered at her local school. Then she runs her youth program for church (which she is still doing via Zoom). She actually has other things in her life and proper responsibilities. I’m so sick of seeing YouTubes become so vapid and wrapped up in their own world where everything is about them and taking the perfect insta pics and they call that a hard days work 🙄. Grace proves that it is possible if they actually put the work in and prioritised their time better.

One thing that made me chuckle was when she and her friend made full on PowerPoints pitches about the expensive houses on RightMove with a pretend client in mind and then they did a Zoom together and pitched their ideas to each other. If that doesn’t perfectly sum up Grace, I don’t know what will.

Hughg

This is in rave about, start a new thread if you want to tear her apart, let’s not compare her to the likes of those three northern girls that had a fuck off party on NYE! I think for the most part she’s not done anything wrong. Why don’t you ask her the question on her morning live?

• Heart
  • Angry

ladybord

Coming from someone who has had disordered eating/thoughts, watching grackle’s content actually makes me feel very safe regarding food. not everyone who is naturally very small bodied has an ED and making that assumption can be very triggering

hrh89

VIP Member
I don’t particularly think Grace is childish I just think she’s lead a very loving, sheltered and privileged life. These are by no means negatives. I just think she’s not had some of the life experiences of other people her age yet and that’s absolutely fine. I think she’s just a positive and grateful individual that finds the good in everything. I think it’s quite refreshing seeing someone like Grace on YouTube when you’ve got the likes of Anastasia Kingsnorth banging on about sucking dick at 18.
I think Grace is a great reminder that you can be happy without the pressures of drugs, sex, alcohol, boys etc. I think a lot of people can relate to her.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

billybobbobbob

ED TW

Grace has been very open about answering people's questions regarding her having an ED. She's clearly stated she doesn't, and has consistently shown a very positive attitude towards food, eating, body image, confidence and her mental health. She's also stated how uncomfortable it makes her that people ask, as it's made her question whether she should eat less or binge. Yes, we can discuss it here, but we shouldn't accuse her of something that would cause her great emotional distress if she ever found this.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I think it's a little unfair to say someone isn't growing as a human when we only see the content they put out, especially during a global pandemic? She's said a lot that she doesn't like change, and she's a massive homebody, so all of this can be overwhelming no matter the age.
I think Grace also mentioned earlier this year that 2020 was supposed to be the year she overcame her somewhat debilitating homesickness through travelling, which I think would have helped her development a lot. That was obviously put on hold so I think she might be feeling a bit stuck at the moment (aren't we all?). I still love having her videos on in the background, she just makes me feel very calm and her interactions with her family are so enjoyable to watch!

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Jeeen22

Chatty Member
I’ve had an eating disorder for a long time and grace is the only channel that I feel safe to watch food videos. I think people are projecting.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Jeeen22

Chatty Member
There’s literally only so much you can “grow up” right now, I’m a year younger than Grace and live in very similar circumstances. I’d love to be doing more and feel more independent but there’s nothin to be done right now

• Heart
Reactions: 21

orlyb1310

VIP Member
I don't feel like she's been uploading less or has done an excessive amount of ads. She's only done about 3 and they've been companies that she would usually talk about for no money anyway. Its not like she's promoting a makeup range when she never wears makeup.

Lulu23

Chatty Member
I couldn't disagree more, sorry.
Me too. I think she just loves seeing people happy, so wants their opinion so she can improve on herself. And a lot of the time she’s buys food and takes it home for her family to try it I’m sure she’s done it in majority of her testing vlogs.

opal73

VIP Member
If she ever gets bored of youtube she should seriously consider opening up her own little café called Grack’s Snacks, I’d so be there. The genuine delight on her face at her family’s review of her afternoon tea was so sweet.

Daisymae33

But they got engaged during lockdown didn’t they? So if he doesn’t live with them....
You can meet 1 other person not from your household out doors or he may have been in their bubble

I think it’s unfair to speculate and try turn what is a very happy time for Chloe and the family into something negative

• Heart
Reactions: 20

londongirl92

Grace mentions going to church and helping to run youth group but other than that she doesn't mention it very much at all. Religion is clearly an important part of their lives but I think she does a good job of keeping it separate from YouTube.

After looking into her church, they are Pentecostal Christians which is a part of Evangelical Christianity... in brief, they place a lot of importance on scripture and like to have an "active" church. Meaning that members help out where they can and get involved with different activities. I think they're pretty "normal" in that they don't have any particular rules about how people can live their lives (i.e. they're allowed to drink, date, etc.).

• Heart

Vanessajenkins

Joining in to say I'm so glad to see a positive thread on here! I love how she keeps it so real, and also mega props to her for providing entertaining videos during quarantine! I also really appreciate the amount of heart she's putting in to educating herself about BLM, you can tell it is all genuine.

I also have to say, it's a bit of an odd point, but it's nice to see her be part of a family who have genuine modern Christian values. I am no longer Christian, but I think you can see the genuine good side of religion through her family
On the Christian front, she wears it on her sleeve, but doesn’t ram it down your throat either. She’s got the balance perfect.

Whatever123

VIP Member
Grace seems to take on a lot of responsibility around the house; she does her own washing, cooks, cleans etc which is clear from her vlogs. I mean, the girl did her own tax return and she is basically running her own business (YouTube is a job after all) and she is keen on buying a house and moving out so I definitely don’t think she’s immature.

I think people are confusing her bubbly, sometimes over excited personality, for immaturity which I think is unfair.

I live near(ish) to her, or at least close to where she tends to shop and it’s VERY expensive to live here. I bought my flat a few years ago and it was not cheap!! I’m 26 and a lot of my friends still live at home or are renting in flat shares.
It is completely normal in our area for a 23 year old to be living at home and saving to buy so I don’t think anyone can say this makes her immature. I’m not sure where everyone else is from on this thread but perhaps it’s different up north as it is so so so much cheaper.

I really like Grace and her passion for the simple things in life. She is just a happy soul! Once lockdown is over I think she’ll be moving out or travelling.

P.s I think it’s weird for a 23 year old to be judged for not having a boyfriend! I hope she doesn’t feel pressured as it really isn’t a big deal.

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
This is in rave about, start a new thread if you want to tear her apart, let’s not compare her to the likes of those three northern girls that had a fuck off party on NYE! I think for the most part she’s not done anything wrong. Why don’t you ask her the question on her morning live?
but she HAS done something wrong, she has blatantly been breaking the rules by seeing people from outside her household and not even distancing when she does. I like her content, hence being on this thread, but i cannot just ignore her rule breaking, which i imagine is the same for many others

Sweetcorn

Chatty Member
I couldn't disagree more, sorry.
I have no idea if she does or if she doesn’t. BUT I highly doubt it, I just know that if she did, her family would 100% notice and not be okay with it happening.

I’m not as tall as Grace but I am thin (but a healthy weight), my whole life people have assumed I’m anorexic or at least restrict what I’m eating... it’s like they can’t believe that someone would actually eat till they are full and know when to stop? And it’s seriously SO frustrating. People assume I restrict or that I have an unhappy life because I don’t over indulge all the time (some times I do! But I know when to stop) and it always just seems like people project their own insecurities onto me (or a thin person in general) and it’s almost like you can’t do right for doing wrong. Not long ago people were complaining that her diet had too much sugar, now it’s moved onto that she’s anorexic.

Skinny shaming is so real and only the people that haven’t experienced it will say it’s not. I was once not even phased with my weight, I didn’t give it a second thought. Now I look at myself in the mirror and notice how lanky my arms are (something that I literally cannot control), I feel like I should cover them up because someone will think I’m anorexic and it’s just so sad that other people have put those insecurities in my head because of their own insecurities 🤷🏼‍♀️.

• Heart

Sybil

Chatty Member
I don’t think vloggers/influencers can win. If she spoke up about her political/moral/religious beliefs I’m sure she’d be hit with plenty of ‘I FoLlOw YoU fOr VlOgS nOt PoLiTiCs’ comments.

• Haha