Grackle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Grace is going down the same route as all the big 'quirky' youtubers. Before they got big people like Emma Chamberlain, Taz, Joanna Ceddia etc all had the 'I'm not like other girls' thing going on and they all produced unique content that showed their little traits and interests. Grace's has been baking and now she's getting more views and even brand deals she seems to be going over the top to show her new followers and brands that she's sO cRaZy. Her and Honour are so fake together though. Honour always seemed like she was a weird influence on Grace, whenever they were together Grace would make more comments about her own appearance and what other people must be thinking of her just as Honour does. She completely changes when she's with her and it doesn't reflect well on her. Honour kinda seems like a mean girl and Grace's old personality didn't seem to work with Honour's but this new one does.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Anyone else amazed that she thought that company sent her that huge box of junk food just because she did a big order? I'm pretty sure they did it just because you are a youtuber. There is so much junk food in her videos and I'm confused because I thought she was lactose intolerant and she's shovelling away mini eggs, white chocolate and orange twirls?
How long till she's eaten that huge hoard and pops to the shops for yet more? And what did she do with all those cakes she made for that video? I wonder if she ever donates anything since she's churchy.
She has spoken about giving snacks and baking to teachers at the schools her family teaches at regularly in the past. I wouldn't be surprised if she did that with some of the gifted things.

Reactions: 4
I think Grace is going down the same route as all the big 'quirky' youtubers. Before they got big people like Emma Chamberlain, Taz, Joanna Ceddia etc all had the 'I'm not like other girls' thing going on and they all produced unique content that showed their little traits and interests. Grace's has been baking and now she's getting more views and even brand deals she seems to be going over the top to show her new followers and brands that she's sO cRaZy. Her and Honour are so fake together though. Honour always seemed like she was a weird influence on Grace, whenever they were together Grace would make more comments about her own appearance and what other people must be thinking of her just as Honour does. She
completely changes when she's with her and it doesn't reflect well on her. Honour kinda seems like a mean girl and Grace's old personality didn't seem to work with Honour's but this new one does.
Yes I completely agree! Like her old videos she was so chilled out and funny and it was really relaxing to watch her but now it's like all she does is screech and shout and her reactions the the smallest things are HUGE shes more like a cartoon character or kids entertainer now and it's weird.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I think Grace is going down the same route as all the big 'quirky' youtubers. Before they got big people like Emma Chamberlain, Taz, Joanna Ceddia etc all had the 'I'm not like other girls' thing going on and they all produced unique content that showed their little traits and interests. Grace's has been baking and now she's getting more views and even brand deals she seems to be going over the top to show her new followers and brands that she's sO cRaZy. Her and Honour are so fake together though. Honour always seemed like she was a weird influence on Grace, whenever they were together Grace would make more comments about her own appearance and what other people must be thinking of her just as Honour does. She completely changes when she's with her and it doesn't reflect well on her. Honour kinda seems like a mean girl and Grace's old personality didn't seem to work with Honour's but this new one does.
Yes! I could barely watch 10 minutes of her video with Honour, the over the top expressions and excitement from Grace was just too much and Honour couldn’t stop adjusting her hair and making sure she was looking on point for the camera. I turned it off once they were done with the food gifts. She used to be one of my favourite youtubers but her last 5/10 videos I’ve not enjoyed watching and have switched off.

Reactions: 2
I saw grace and honour today. Their friendship seemed very genuine and they just clearly enjoy spending time together. I personally loved their video. It’s hard in lockdown and tbh who can blame them for getting so excited? Life is so boring right now.

I found this thread by accident and started watching. Is it a rave thread? Sometimes it doesn’t seem that way

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I saw grace and honour today. Their friendship seemed very genuine and they just clearly enjoy spending time together. I personally loved their video. It’s hard in lockdown and tbh who can blame them for getting so excited? Life is so boring right now.

I found this thread by accident and started watching. Is it a rave thread? Sometimes it doesn’t seem that way
It definitely started off as a rave thread but I think people are slowly getting annoyed at things that happens and she’s grating on some people. Which is perfectly normal, you’re not going to love everything someone does

Reactions: 5
It definitely started off as a rave thread but I think people are slowly getting annoyed at things that happens and she’s grating on some people. Which is perfectly normal, you’re not going to love everything someone does
yeah exactly, I was going to post just this. I think honestly most people's content is getting worse this far into lockdown

I use to enjoy her content but now it’s kinda worrying how I’m satire and childish she is and how much she relies on her parents and family. Both her siblings moved out n one engaged and she’s at home baking cakes. Nothing wrong w cake but idk she seems sheltered

Reactions: 7
She's only 22/23, she has a degree so obviously has the ability to do stuff, and also its a pandemic! She can't go anywhere so baking cakes is a decent use of time I feel.
Also she's the youngest of three so she probably has been sheltered and coddled but I feel like she'll be forced to "grow up" when she moves out 😃

Reactions: 19
There’s literally only so much you can “grow up” right now, I’m a year younger than Grace and live in very similar circumstances. I’d love to be doing more and feel more independent but there’s nothin to be done right now

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I’m also the youngest but I don’t act like that especially when she goes on trips and stuff. I love her cooking videos and what I eat in a day. But I really can’t stomach her family well her mother. Her dad is hilarious and always supports but her mum
Always critiques what she makes and idk some clothes videos I think she looks amazing in something. Then they tell her she doesn’t I’m like nooooo 😂😂

Reactions: 1
I use to enjoy her content but now it’s kinda worrying how I’m satire and childish she is and how much she relies on her parents and family. Both her siblings moved out n one engaged and she’s at home baking cakes. Nothing wrong w cake but idk she seems sheltered
Her siblings are older than her though? I don't think it's very fair to compare her to them. She's been a model, got a degree, started a successful YT channel, volunteered at a school so it's not just like she bakes cakes? Not that there's much to do during lockdown other than bake cakes. I think describing her as sheltered is valid but honestly, I'm sure many young people - particularly growing up in/around London - probably wished they had grown up sheltered as well.

Reactions: 15
Her siblings are older than her though? I don't think it's very fair to compare her to them. She's been a model, got a degree, started a successful YT channel, volunteered at a school so it's not just like she bakes cakes? Not that there's much to do during lockdown other than bake cakes. I think describing her as sheltered is valid but honestly, I'm sure many young people - particularly growing up in/around London - probably wished they had grown up sheltered as well.
Agree to disagree

I think it sort of goes both ways: Yeah, lockdown has limited a lot of YouTuber's content range, so they put out content that feels quite odd, maybe a bit uninspired, maybe a bit childish sometimes (though I do like Grace's videos personally, they distract me from... well, lockdown).

But with everyone's interaction having been so limited this past year, I would venture a guess that the reason gossip threads for fairly unproblematic creators are taking off is also because we're all bored, have more time to pick things apart, and less time and occasion to engage in "normal" gossip - to complain to friends, share funny anecdotes, and talk to people enough to actually get into disagreements with them.

Reactions: 12
I think it sort of goes both ways: Yeah, lockdown has limited a lot of YouTuber's content range, so they put out content that feels quite odd, maybe a bit uninspired, maybe a bit childish sometimes (though I do like Grace's videos personally, they distract me from... well, lockdown).

But with everyone's interaction having been so limited this past year, I would venture a guess that the reason gossip threads for fairly unproblematic creators are taking off is also because we're all bored, have more time to pick things apart, and less time and occasion to engage in "normal" gossip - to complain to friends, share funny anecdotes, and talk to people enough to actually get into disagreements with them.

I completely agree-we've all got far more time on our hands and are expecting far too much from what is essentially just young people making some videos for fun.

I only started watching anything on youtube last year when I started working from home and had lunch hours to fill. I really loved Grace's back catalogue and I watched probably everything she did. I don't have a problem with her being quite childish, I've seen far worse in 20-somethings. Lots of things that suggest "maturity", like living away from your parents doesn't improve someone's capabilities or create more interesting content- look at ClickforTaz who I genuinely feel a bit concerned about given her lack of basic skills like the ability to eat to keep herself healthy, or EmmaRectangle, who has gotten terribly boring and repetitive and never gets videos up on her schedule and always seems miserable and complains about how much she has to do while not really doing anything?

She has a lot of motivation and social skills and that can carry you a long way when she does move out.

My only gripe really want how she went to Brighton for a nice day swimming in the sea with her friend when we were all being told to "stay local". I was also a bit miffed with all the trips to the supermarkets but it's not bad in the grand scheme, just thought it would be bonus content to see her plan things like that. Like, to see the thought go into "hey guys, I can't go to the supermarket every day to get stuff for my videos, so watch me plan, and then we'll go do one big shop".

Reactions: 9
I completely agree-we've all got far more time on our hands and are expecting far too much from what is essentially just young people making some videos for fun.

I only started watching anything on youtube last year when I started working from home and had lunch hours to fill. I really loved Grace's back catalogue and I watched probably everything she did. I don't have a problem with her being quite childish, I've seen far worse in 20-somethings. Lots of things that suggest "maturity", like living away from your parents doesn't improve someone's capabilities or create more interesting content- look at ClickforTaz who I genuinely feel a bit concerned about given her lack of basic skills like the ability to eat to keep herself healthy, or EmmaRectangle, who has gotten terribly boring and repetitive and never gets videos up on her schedule and always seems miserable and complains about how much she has to do while not really doing anything?

She has a lot of motivation and social skills and that can carry you a long way when she does move out.

My only gripe really want how she went to Brighton for a nice day swimming in the sea with her friend when we were all being told to "stay local". I was also a bit miffed with all the trips to the supermarkets but it's not bad in the grand scheme, just thought it would be bonus content to see her plan things like that. Like, to see the thought go into "hey guys, I can't go to the supermarket every day to get stuff for my videos, so watch me plan, and then we'll go do one big shop".
Yeah, it’s a difficult time for creators. I do think she and Honor were both being OTT in the opening video compared to how Grace normally is and I think it’s fair to comment on it when she’s suddenly very different to how she normally is (which is what we all watch for, her normal self).

I think she’s probably feeling the pressure of coming up with videos, but I wish she’d realise most of her audience will probably watch her do anything, when she’s being herself her personality is more than enough to carry videos even when she’s just doing something like making dinner for her family. She doesn’t need the big hook like Taz does, Grace herself is enough.

Reactions: 3
Yeah, it’s a difficult time for creators. I do think she and Honor were both being OTT in the opening video compared to how Grace normally is and I think it’s fair to comment on it when she’s suddenly very different to how she normally is (which is what we all watch for, her normal self).

I think she’s probably feeling the pressure of coming up with videos, but I wish she’d realise most of her audience will probably watch her do anything, when she’s being herself her personality is more than enough to carry videos even when she’s just doing something like making dinner for her family. She doesn’t need the big hook like Taz does, Grace herself is enough.
yeah totally agree, I generally watch her either because something is just interesting - like those "eating like 1950s" or whatever, or just because her family seem nice and the videos are relaxing, kind of like having a friend in the background when you are home alone. That shrieking all the time did not appeal to me at all

i love her so much, but does anyone else find the amount she bakes a bit odd? like, she literally bakes something once or twice a day?!

Reactions: 2
i love her so much, but does anyone else find the amount she bakes a bit odd? like, she literally bakes something once or twice a day?!
If I had the time and lived with more people I'd be baking that much! I think because she included a lot of stuff she made for lunches (like the breadsticks and pitta) it could come off as loads. Personally I don't find it excessive but ymmv

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.