Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
It was more the sharing food and drink with her friends for me, rather than just her drifting closer than 2m occasionally or seeing them outside. Plus having people in the house - it’s fair we don’t know when everything is filmed but assuming her insta stories are real time as they seem to be you can get a fairly good idea of when things were. Nobody is saying she can’t live, and if anything she’s actually really lucky as she lives with people and that she’s close enough to friends to be able to have socially distanced meet ups.

There is a massive difference between Grace and people who disregard all the rules and swan off to Dubai, but as much as they are Grace is choosing to do her level of rule breaking and also broadcast it. I do wonder if the booths have all had COVID because her parents, Chloe and Jesse are all in fairly high risk occupations for it (teachers and TfL) which if they have would completely explain why she probably thinks she’s “safe”.

I’m still subbed to her, I still watch her and I still really like her. I don’t think it’s fair to say she doesn’t give a shit either as she does seem really caring and nice generally but I am disappointed that she’s choosing to show rule breaking and ignore any comments about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

rainonme

Chatty Member
It’s really annoyed me that she went to the supermarket every single day in her vlog. I know she’s doing veganuary and wants to show what each shop has to offer but we’re in a lockdown so it’s really not appropriate. Same goes for meeting up with Honour and not social distancing. I know lockdown must be hard for her as an extrovert, but it’s difficult for everyone and she’s lucky that she lives with a loving family that she gets on with. Don’t know why she’s taking liberties all of a sudden (maybe she has been all along and I’m only just noticing?) but I’m really disappointed tbh

Peppa123

Gosh you’re all living in a very sheltered world aren’t you! If you opened your eyes you’d see that everyone has broken the rules in one way or another, this has been going on for almost a year now. If we compare Grace to every other influencer out there, and even ourselves, she has done little wrong. I mean going to supermarkets.... so what, seeing ONE friend.... well have you seen the parties some have had? And finally, seeing her family... get a fucking grip people let the girl live
Let us all live then and we will all just do what we want. This attitude is the reason we have the highest death rate in the world. People like you and Grace who don’t give a shit about anyone as long as they are doing what they want. Fuck everyone else I’m alright Jack.

• Heart
  • Haha

BalkanBae

Anyone just amazing at how good looking Grace, Chloe and Jesse are? Dang they all MODELS!
Not only that , but they all seem lovely and polite people.
Their parents did an incredible job.

• Heart

orlyb1310

VIP Member
I'm not for one second saying they're not middle class and live a privileged lifestyle but compared to the likes of Saffron Barker's family who have 5 holidays abroad a year, the Booths aren't as well off. They're both teachers who are probably underpaid and I can't imagine their area is cheap to live in. I remember Grace saying their 2019 trip to NY was the first family holiday abroad in a good few years.

thelollypopkid

It's worth remembering that in modern churches, there's a less prescriptive view of the "rules", and people make choices on that.

I attend a church similar to the church Grace does. Some people do choose to wait til marriage to live together and so on, but a lot of people don't. My church terms it "dating for marriage", and that means that you're waiting til you're in a wholly committed relationship before you have sex/live together. But that doesn't mean marriage, it just means you're intending that to be. But if it doesn't work out, so be it. No one is shunned! They also preach love and acceptance - you worship your way and how you think you best to serve God. So we have LGBT couples, and recently someone started to transition and we've prayed for them but only in that we hope that they are happy and safe and that they know they have our love and support and god's love too.

Modern church is a different thing. There's lots of really interesting discussion and people do disagree about some stuff but it's always very much that there's no place for anything but love and kindness even if you don't think the "rules" are being followed. You'd be "shunned" for being mean about someone having pre-marital sex than having it!!

• Heart
I've just noticed in her vidoes the past few months she's gotten alot more child like and I'm finding it quite annoying to watch. I loved graces older videos from this time last year and during the summer but I'm finding myself not wanting to click on her vids now whereas before I'd be checking her channel to see if she posted.

orlyb1310

VIP Member
There is a teeny part of me (probably my ED) tha tis slightly suspicious of her being so tiny though.. Do we know for sure she doesnt restrict? The being a baker/interested in nutrition and cooking is often a part of an ED.
I mean she displays such a healthy attitude towards food in every video she uploads so I really don't think there's anything to worry about regarding her restricting. She's never promoted ridiculous exercise or fad diets. I luckily don't have an ED myself but if you (or anyone else) are triggered by certain things then I'd maybe steer clear of her food related videos? I can't stress enough how food isn't inherently negative and I hope you can have a good relationship with it in the future - I hope I don't sound patronising but Grace is probably one of the best youtubers in regards to portraying a healthy and non-restrictive diet and her slim figure will be mostly down to genetics. There isn't a one size fits all approach to eating and you're not any less worthy if you can't maintain a physique like Grace or if you eat more or less than her!! We're all different and she can only portray her own experiences as a tall, slim girl with a love of food and baking!!x

hrh89

VIP Member
i love grace she cracks me up she’s hilarious. Her family seem lovely too. Interesting to hear her speak about her modelling career, she was very honest about it not being right for her. It shows a lot of maturity to quit a profession like that which has so many perks. Instead she went to baking school! I think she’s absolutely wonderful.

LLL111

In her video today (living without time for 24h), she gets a HelloFresh box and says 'this isn't sponsored i've never done a sponsorship'. I know we have mentioned this before but that is so crazy?! i thought maybe she had some stuff going on behind the scenes but she's got almost 400k subs, must get loads of offers, but has chosen never to do any sponsored content?! totally respect her decision and think it makes her content really refreshing, i just wonder how she makes a full time job off just video views etc. i wouldn't mind her doing sponsorships and actually think i'd really value her opinion!

I get the impression someone’s been reading here. In her last video she said how she’d not been to the shops in a week. And made a point of mentioning it was for essentials (female hygiene) and I swear she’s never ever brought that up before.

• Wow

billybobbobbob

I think Grace is going down the same route as all the big 'quirky' youtubers. Before they got big people like Emma Chamberlain, Taz, Joanna Ceddia etc all had the 'I'm not like other girls' thing going on and they all produced unique content that showed their little traits and interests. Grace's has been baking and now she's getting more views and even brand deals she seems to be going over the top to show her new followers and brands that she's sO cRaZy. Her and Honour are so fake together though. Honour always seemed like she was a weird influence on Grace, whenever they were together Grace would make more comments about her own appearance and what other people must be thinking of her just as Honour does. She completely changes when she's with her and it doesn't reflect well on her. Honour kinda seems like a mean girl and Grace's old personality didn't seem to work with Honour's but this new one does.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

whatktdid

Personally I don't see the issue with ad being lowercase, I really can't see what difference it makes? It's the first word which is good, rather than having it hidden at the end of the caption, and it's clear in black & white imo 🤷‍♀️

scoobie

VIP Member
Now I’m looking back at them I actually think it’s so funny, she’s tagged the wind in her hair 😂

18E93240-CEA4-4BB9-81A2-C19B1B103A2F.jpeg

• Haha

Vanessajenkins

I just loved her video with the staycation. She is just so kind and thoughtful. I think I’m just becoming an old fart now, but seriously, I’d appreciate coming home to fresh bed sheets, milk in the fridge and some bread. Then she went the extra mile and got them doughnuts. Such a sweetie!

Samize

This is a pet peeve of mine, influencers write “AD” in lower capitals “ad” and follow the next word with a capital letter to try and mask its a sponsored post. If anything it should be AD or at least Ad. I never thought I’d see Grace do it to be honest, disappointed.

Attachments

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
It's the same for Advertising Standards: you only need to declare that it's an ad if the company tells you what to say. If they give you a product and ask you to talk about it you don't need to declare that. If they give you a product and pay you money and ask you to talk about it you don't need to declare that either. If they give you anything, and then tell you what to say, that's what needs to be said.
Wrong actually. Everything basically needs to be tagged as #AD these days. Whether it's simply a gifted item, or paid partnership, regardless of editorial control.

CalatheaLater

Chatty Member
I wouldn't brand her behaviour as selfish, she is still doing a lot to make sure other people are safe, she wears her mask and regularly sanitises her hands. She isn't meeting with people indoors during the current restricitons. I think like a lot of other people she has gotten used to the whole lockdown thing, and so has become a bit more relaxed with the reccommended rules compared to during the first lockdown. I personally find it hard to critisice her for going to the shops when I personally know people who are still being made to go into work when they can wfh for instance.

Eyeswideopen

I couldn’t believe there was a thread on here about Grackle....read through all 11 pages and not one bad thing was said about her, speaks absolute volumes about her as a person.

In a world where you can be anything, be Grace ❤

• Heart