Grackle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m from Canada so I’m not familiar but is 24 hours in A&E a series or something? If so, which episode was this?
And when did this occur?

Reactions: 2
It's a TV programme that follows a few people each episode of their trips to A&E (Emergency Room). No idea what episode Tom was in but I vaguely remember it being a road accident he made a quick full recovery and his Dad featured on it and he seemed really really devoted to his family- sounded like a lovely guy. Tom's Dad spoke about how his own Dad wasn't as loving I think? I've tried to find the episode but couldn't

Edit: https://www.stgeorges.nhs.uk/newsitem/new-episode-of-24-hours-in-ae-live-and-learn/ found this at least
Edit 2: got it!

Reactions: 6
It's a TV programme that follows a few people each episode of their trips to A&E (Emergency Room). No idea what episode Tom was in but I vaguely remember it being a road accident he made a quick full recovery and his Dad featured on it and he seemed really really devoted to his family- sounded like a lovely guy. Tom's Dad spoke about how his own Dad wasn't as loving I think? I've tried to find the episode but couldn't

Edit: https://www.stgeorges.nhs.uk/newsitem/new-episode-of-24-hours-in-ae-live-and-learn/ found this at least
Edit 2: got it!
Thank you for answering my questions.

Oh gosh I remember this episode! Totally hadn't made that connection. I love Grace and her family, and it's nice to see that Chloe is marrying into a family who clearly love and support each other the way the Booths do!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Been reflecting on how much Grace's videos has helped me through my disordered eating. She's an absolute breath of fresh air and it's so refreshing to just see someone and her family eat normal everyday food and have a great relationship with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Been reflecting on how much Grace's videos has helped me through my disordered eating. She's an absolute breath of fresh air and it's so refreshing to just see someone and her family eat normal everyday food and have a great relationship with it.
so strange!! i found grace via my ed too! wonder what it is lol

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I too have been struggling with ED and there was never anyone online that displayed a good relationship with food or a well balanced/intuitive approach to food and health. So its refreshing to see someone like Grace who does.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I too have been struggling with ED and there was never anyone online that displayed a good relationship with food or a well balanced/intuitive approach to food and health. So its refreshing to see someone like Grace who does.

Whilst I do agree I also do find it a bit 'triggering' (for want of a better word..) how skinny she is. I know it's natural for her but for the majority of people, to be her size you would need to be restricting alot. I dont know..it just doesnt quite sit right.

Whilst I do agree I also do find it a bit 'triggering' (for want of a better word..) how skinny she is. I know it's natural for her but for the majority of people, to be her size you would need to be restricting alot. I dont know..it just doesnt quite sit right.
Yes, it's not Grace's fault, but I do find myself thinking that I would enjoy food too if I knew it couldn't make me fat.

Reactions: 12
I agree. She is really tiny. It's clearly natural but I can't help but compare!

Reactions: 4
There is a teeny part of me (probably my ED) tha tis slightly suspicious of her being so tiny though.. Do we know for sure she doesnt restrict? The being a baker/interested in nutrition and cooking is often a part of an ED.

• Wow
Looking at her family, I’m inclined to think her weight is natural and aren’t they all really, really tall? I remember being shocked when someone else was in her vlog and looked tiny (in height) in comparison.

Reactions: 10
There is a teeny part of me (probably my ED) tha tis slightly suspicious of her being so tiny though.. Do we know for sure she doesnt restrict? The being a baker/interested in nutrition and cooking is often a part of an ED.
I mean she displays such a healthy attitude towards food in every video she uploads so I really don't think there's anything to worry about regarding her restricting. She's never promoted ridiculous exercise or fad diets. I luckily don't have an ED myself but if you (or anyone else) are triggered by certain things then I'd maybe steer clear of her food related videos? I can't stress enough how food isn't inherently negative and I hope you can have a good relationship with it in the future - I hope I don't sound patronising but Grace is probably one of the best youtubers in regards to portraying a healthy and non-restrictive diet and her slim figure will be mostly down to genetics. There isn't a one size fits all approach to eating and you're not any less worthy if you can't maintain a physique like Grace or if you eat more or less than her!! We're all different and she can only portray her own experiences as a tall, slim girl with a love of food and baking!!x

Reactions: 17
I don't think there's anything to worry about, she really does have such a healthy attitude.

Reactions: 7
I mean she displays such a healthy attitude towards food in every video she uploads so I really don't think there's anything to worry about regarding her restricting. She's never promoted ridiculous exercise or fad diets. I luckily don't have an ED myself but if you (or anyone else) are triggered by certain things then I'd maybe steer clear of her food related videos? I can't stress enough how food isn't inherently negative and I hope you can have a good relationship with it in the future - I hope I don't sound patronising but Grace is probably one of the best youtubers in regards to portraying a healthy and non-restrictive diet and her slim figure will be mostly down to genetics. There isn't a one size fits all approach to eating and you're not any less worthy if you can't maintain a physique like Grace or if you eat more or less than her!! We're all different and she can only portray her own experiences as a tall, slim girl with a love of food and baking!!x
That's the thing.. my body is very similar to hers, but I have an ED and my BMI is 15, hence why I'm a little bit cautious whether her body really is naturally that skinny. In a lot of her try on videos you can see her bones which indicates her BMI must be underweight. I'm sure she is absolutely fine though and this is just my ED talking! I'm.noy triggered at all by her food content, just her body..which is a shame since she cant not show herself and otherwise I love watching her.

Reactions: 3
I'm quite sure she is underweight, albeit naturally. I think it can be difficult as it's misleading - very, very, VERY few people with a healthy relationship with food will be that size.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.