Grackle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can understand those who have ED’s questioning Grace’s authenticity on her weight v food intake because she is so thin but I think she really has a great relationship with food and is an intuitive eater. She eats when she is hungry & doesn’t restrict or put labels on good vs bad food and from what we see she eats a pretty balanced diet. She does run & go on walks so is active but her metabolism is the main reason she can eat so much and stay the same size. My OH is exactly the same but eats way more & worse food but is thin as a pencil!

She confirmed in her live tonight that Chloe moved out.

Reactions: 7
I really do think its fair to say she might have an ED, I am guessing she has been told that many times before. Natural skinny people are out there but Im guessing we are used to seeing people with ED’s or being overweight. If the video’s are triggering to anyone who is going through and ED maybe skip her videos and make sure youre okay first. Im sure Grace doesnt want anyone to feel bad about themselves.

I really do think its fair to say she might have an ED, I am guessing she has been told that many times before. Natural skinny people are out there but Im guessing we are used to seeing people with ED’s or being overweight. If the video’s are triggering to anyone who is going through and ED maybe skip her videos and make sure youre okay first. Im sure Grace doesnt want anyone to feel bad about themselves.
Dont think its fair i meant to say

Reactions: 5
Finding it really strange that everyone is ripping into grace’s weight. I’m sorry that you don’t have a good relationship with your bodies but this girl is healthy. End of. If she was overweight would you be saying you think she’s obese? It’s the same for people who are underweight. Shocking.
I don't think anyone is ripping into her weight. It's an observation and no one is even criticising her for it. We are on a gossip site - observation, discussion and indeed also speculation should be expected.

I'm not sure what you mean by overweight and obesity. Obesity is a more extreme version of being overweight, not a mental disorder. I think people on a gossip site would happily speculate that someone was overweight or obese. This is different to calling judgement on that (ripping into someone, e.g. "they're disgusting", "they're greedy"), though that does happen on this site.

She eats well a good balanced diet and definitely enjoys food. I certainly don’t think she has any issues with food but I do think she’s most likely underweight for her height. It’s definitely genetic her mum is very slim as is Chloe and Jessie

Reactions: 8
I mean she displays such a healthy attitude towards food in every video she uploads so I really don't think there's anything to worry about regarding her restricting. She's never promoted ridiculous exercise or fad diets. I luckily don't have an ED myself but if you (or anyone else) are triggered by certain things then I'd maybe steer clear of her food related videos? I can't stress enough how food isn't inherently negative and I hope you can have a good relationship with it in the future - I hope I don't sound patronising but Grace is probably one of the best youtubers in regards to portraying a healthy and non-restrictive diet and her slim figure will be mostly down to genetics. There isn't a one size fits all approach to eating and you're not any less worthy if you can't maintain a physique like Grace or if you eat more or less than her!! We're all different and she can only portray her own experiences as a tall, slim girl with a love of food and baking!!x
I see where you’re all coming from. I sometimes steer clear from some of the food centred videos even though her channel is baking/cooking/challenge type videos. I generally don’t mind her main content but I prefer her vlogs a videos different from what she normally does.
One video that didn’t sit well with me was the video where she did a weeks worth of workouts because I know for many it can be triggering. But otherwise I like her content.
Off topic: other than Chloe moving out (which was mentioned earlier) what else did Grace talk about?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
we only see what she chooses to post no one really knows what she eats day in day out

I see where you’re all coming from. I sometimes steer clear from some of the food centred videos even though her channel is baking/cooking/challenge type videos. I generally don’t mind her main content but I prefer her vlogs a videos different from what she normally does.
One video that didn’t sit well with me was the video where she did a weeks worth of workouts because I know for many it can be triggering. But otherwise I like her content.
Off topic: other than Chloe moving out (which was mentioned earlier) what else did Grace talk about?
I see where you're coming from and I really hope I'm not coming across as ignorant or insensitive but surely it isn't Grace's fault if she's talking about workouts in a healthy way and you (plural, not directed at you specifically!) get triggered by it when you know what the topic of the video is. I know that some videos feature 'triggering' topics without it being in the title but isn't it better for people to avoid videos that are blatantly going to trigger them rather than Grace not being able to healthily talk about exercise (which is something we all need in normal doses) for an audience where the majority won't be triggered. If we avoid positive conversations around food and exercise then it creates a stigma and it legitimises eating disorders that view food as negative and excessive exercise as positive.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’ve had an eating disorder for a long time and grace is the only channel that I feel safe to watch food videos. I think people are projecting.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I see where you're coming from and I really hope I'm not coming across as ignorant or insensitive but surely it isn't Grace's fault if she's talking about workouts in a healthy way and you (plural, not directed at you specifically!) get triggered by it when you know what the topic of the video is. I know that some videos feature 'triggering' topics without it being in the title but isn't it better for people to avoid videos that are blatantly going to trigger them rather than Grace not being able to healthily talk about exercise (which is something we all need in normal doses) for an audience where the majority won't be triggered. If we avoid positive conversations around food and exercise then it creates a stigma and it legitimises eating disorders that view food as negative and excessive exercise as positive.
I completely understand where you are coming from and I agree. I know that Grace never meant any harm.
But I remember seeing someone comment on that video about their concern regarding that and it got me thinking how does someone take that or interpret that video as triggering? Then again, that person clicked on that video knowing full well what it’s about and probably should not have.
I’m sorry I should’ve mentioned both sides.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I missed the live video that Grace did. What did she talk about (other than the news of Chloe moving out, which was mentioned)?

I missed the live video that Grace did. What did she talk about (other than the news of Chloe moving out, which was mentioned)?
She was just answering questions really, told a modelling story, talked about it being her last month on Accutane, who is Jesse's favourite sister is (he doesn't have one), just random stuff. Her internet went off so it ended abruptly. Lots of people asking about the Dairy situation but she didn't get to answering that. Did she ever mention it further in a video?

Reactions: 3
She was just answering questions really, told a modelling story, talked about it being her last month on Accutane, who is Jesse's favourite sister is (he doesn't have one), just random stuff. Her internet went off so it ended abruptly. Lots of people asking about the Dairy situation but she didn't get to answering that. Did she ever mention it further in a video?
No but I really want her to. I wonder if she ate dairy over xmas or whether she wanted to avoid an upset stomach!

Reactions: 2
Grace gives me ED vibes, she massively overcompensates / exaggerates re' the food she eats, and she has a few odd habits e.g.
she will go on big trips and buy loads of food and then only eat small bites (e.g. brighton ice cream, donuts and cookies in London etc., making a big deal of going to maccies and then just getting a healthy chicken wrap - who does that ),
she cooks and bakes loads and loads for her family - even stuff she can't eat or doesn't like (ref the christmas pudding that took ages .... like she would make massive cakes with dairy when she was dairy intolerant) and then she is quite obsessive about getting feedback on the food - a lot of ED people do this as it enables them to be 'close to food' without having to eat
pre getting really big on youtube she made a lot of what i eat in a week videos where the food would 90% of the time be out of camera shot - these videos always had loads of comments from people recovering from EDs
the whole Dairy intolerence going away and her saying she will explain it and then never getting around to doing so (even though she gets a lot of comments about it ) seems off too

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
Grace gives me ED vibes, she massively overcompensates / exaggerates re' the food she eats, and she has a few odd habits e.g.
she will go on big trips and buy loads of food and then only eat small bites (e.g. brighton ice cream, donuts and cookies in London etc., making a big deal of going to maccies and then just getting a healthy chicken wrap - who does that ),
she cooks and bakes loads and loads for her family - even stuff she can't eat or doesn't like (ref the christmas pudding that took ages .... like she would make massive cakes with dairy when she was dairy intolerant) and then she is quite obsessive about getting feedback on the food - a lot of ED people do this as it enables them to be 'close to food' without having to eat
pre getting really big on youtube she made a lot of what i eat in a week videos where the food would 90% of the time be out of camera shot - these videos always had loads of comments from people recovering from EDs
the whole Dairy intolerence going away and her saying she will explain it and then never getting around to doing so (even though she gets a lot of comments about it ) seems off too
I couldn't disagree more, sorry.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Me too. I think she just loves seeing people happy, so wants their opinion so she can improve on herself. And a lot of the time she’s buys food and takes it home for her family to try it I’m sure she’s done it in majority of her testing vlogs.

Reactions: 21
I have no idea if she does or if she doesn’t. BUT I highly doubt it, I just know that if she did, her family would 100% notice and not be okay with it happening.

I’m not as tall as Grace but I am thin (but a healthy weight), my whole life people have assumed I’m anorexic or at least restrict what I’m eating... it’s like they can’t believe that someone would actually eat till they are full and know when to stop? And it’s seriously SO frustrating. People assume I restrict or that I have an unhappy life because I don’t over indulge all the time (some times I do! But I know when to stop) and it always just seems like people project their own insecurities onto me (or a thin person in general) and it’s almost like you can’t do right for doing wrong. Not long ago people were complaining that her diet had too much sugar, now it’s moved onto that she’s anorexic.

Skinny shaming is so real and only the people that haven’t experienced it will say it’s not. I was once not even phased with my weight, I didn’t give it a second thought. Now I look at myself in the mirror and notice how lanky my arms are (something that I literally cannot control), I feel like I should cover them up because someone will think I’m anorexic and it’s just so sad that other people have put those insecurities in my head because of their own insecurities 🤷🏼‍♀️.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I also disagree with the above post. It’s sad to see people immediately assume ED purely because she is very slim and focuses a lot on food. Would anyone suffering really go to such extreme lengths as to do a baking degree? I don’t think many people would put themselves through torture like that if they had an eating disorder. She’s always been slim since a child nothing about her weight or appearance has changed. I have never once had any thought of her having any sort of ED. She tries loads of different foods loves cooking and baking. I think the fact she bakes things she doesn’t eat is purely because she adores her family. As we’ve all said many times you only have to look and her mum and Chloe to see it’s blatant genetics.

She has also been super open about being insecure of what she calls “lanky” limbs etc when she does try ons. She knows she slim and I get the impression it’s not super wonderful all the time she definitely has insecurities like everyone else. She doesn’t flaunt or body check.

it’s actually weird because up until a week ago or so this thread had never ventured into those sort of assumptions. Just wondering where it’s coming from and nothing about her has changed

• Heart
Reactions: 20
it’s actually weird because up until a week ago or so this thread had never ventured into those sort of assumptions. Just wondering where it’s coming from and nothing about her has changed
Another gossip site has been saying she has an ED the past few days. I think people are trickling over from there.

Personally I don't think she has an ED. She's baker, so she finds joy in seeing other's enjoy her creations. She wants feedback so she knows what to do next time.

Reactions: 15
I think people are projecting, because they have an ED she must have one to.

I think its really unfair to Grace. I also dont understand why people keep wanting her to explain her dairy intolerance, she says she is so she is, accept it.
Why wouldnt she bake things with dairy in it? Her family eats it so she she does it for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.