Grackle #3 Barely dated and married off. Zoe Sugg must be devastated

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who the feck makes a sandwich without using butter or spread?

Moron.
someone with an ed? someone trying to cut down on fat to lose weight? me buying toast in our canteen at work who balks at paying almost the same for butter/spread as they charge for the slice of bread?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
someone with an ed? someone trying to cut down on fat to lose weight? me buying toast in our canteen at work who balks at paying almost the same for butter/spread as they charge for the slice of bread?
I suppose you eat your cornflakes dry as well?
Water can be a great low cost milk alternative 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Yeah I have never had butter on my sandwiches, I think it's disgusting 😂

Reactions: 6
Clearly an unpopular opinion but I don’t even get the slightest hint that she has an ED

Reactions: 20
Clearly an unpopular opinion but I don’t even get the slightest hint that she has an ED
Neither I actually think she has a great relationship with food and her body- look at her comments on the modelling industry.

Reactions: 10
Just started her latest video, I see she is taking title ideas from taz "and this is what happened " 🙄

Reactions: 1
I’ve never been able to pinpoint why but there’s something about Taz I’m really not a fan of!

Reactions: 5
I’ve never been able to pinpoint why but there’s something about Taz I’m really not a fan of!
There’s a Taz thread on here but she’s very tone-deaf and never addresses any of the criticism. She did a challenge video ages ago where she could only spend a certain amount a day or something and she said in reference to people buying reduced food in the supermarket that they were going crazy for it like their life depended on it - like it literally does for some people.

This is the video and some screenshots of the transcript:

---
There’s a Taz thread on here but she’s very tone-deaf and never addresses any of the criticism. She did a challenge video ages ago where she could only spend a certain amount a day or something and she said in reference to people buying reduced food in the supermarket that they were going crazy for it like their life depended on it - like it literally does for some people.

This is the video and some screenshots of the transcript:

Okay so edit - I did find this in the comments so she did address it

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 3
I don't watch Taz anymore apart from the odd video like with Sorted.
Her self deprecating attitude, the I can't do anything for myself act is just tiring.

There’s a lot of people who are keen for Grace to have an eating disorder.
I think you're totally right.

You have to ask yourself, if Grace wasn't as skinny as she is but still made her videos exactly the same as she does now.. would you still think she has an ED?

You can't tell someone's health by their size and that goes for bigger and smaller people.

Grace was definitely blessed with a good metabolism and being tall. If others ate like she does they might not be able to stay as skinny as that because of many factors like metabolism, genetics, their height, general health (mental and physical), ability to eat intuitively/listen to their body etc etc

Grace being able to eat like that and stay skinny doesn't make others a failure for not being able to as most of the factors are out of our control. There is nothing wrong with you if you're not as skinny as Grace. I think in some cases the instinct to say she has an ED is coming from a personal, vulnerable place and I do think she might not be the best person to watch if you have an ED yourself or have any kind of complicated relationship with food.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I think you're totally right.

You have to ask yourself, if Grace wasn't as skinny as she is but still made her videos exactly the same as she does now.. would you still think she has an ED?

You can't tell someone's health by their size and that goes for bigger and smaller people.

Grace was definitely blessed with a good metabolism and being tall. If others ate like she does they might not be able to stay as skinny as that because of many factors like metabolism, genetics, their height, general health (mental and physical), ability to eat intuitively/listen to their body etc etc

Grace being able to eat like that and stay skinny doesn't make others a failure for not being able to as most of the factors are out of our control. There is nothing wrong with you if you're not as skinny as Grace. I think in some cases the instinct to say she has an ED is coming from a personal, vulnerable place and I do think she might not be the best person to watch if you have an ED yourself or have any kind of complicated relationship with food.
Just to point out - skinny doesn't equal healthy. So probably wouldn't say she's 'blessed' to be skinny, and in fact she could even be insecure about it

Just to point out - skinny doesn't equal healthy. So probably wouldn't say she's 'blessed' to be skinny, and in fact she could even be insecure about it
Yes as I said you can't tell anyone's health by their size but just commented that she probably has a fast metabolism but could have worded it better.

Reactions: 1
i find myself assuming things too, but the logic that we’re using to assess “normal” or healthy behavior can’t really apply to YouTubers who are consuming things in these weird unintuitive ways.
taking one bite of a pastry and then leaving the rest is definitely restrictive but if you’re then having 12 more bites of 12 more pastries and then probably going to have dinner later etc. It’s hard to really know.
the wastefulness of it all is a different story though.

Reactions: 8
Neither I actually think she has a great relationship with food and her body- look at her comments on the modelling industry.
I don't think it's that straight forward or black and white... you can't say she said X or did Y so therefore she definitely does or does not have an ED.
I had severe anorexia for many years but if you'd asked me about the modelling industry I could have very articulately told you why the body standards are utter trash... I also never skipped a meal or threw my food away just ate very very little so just a reminder that EDs look different on everybody and it's more about the underlying thought process and relationship with food and body than anything else...

I guess we'll never know but I think there are some red flags definitely.

Mu thoughts about her having an eating disorder have nothing to do with how thin she is, it’s her total preoccupation with food and feeding people. I know we only see one bit of her on YouTube but it’s like her only consistent hobby.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.