Grackle #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, all of this. How many times can you make flapjacks?

I know I don't have to watch, but I'm actually starting to really feel for her. I doubt she's going anywhere but I honestly think quitting YouTube would be really good for her. If not quitting, at least putting it to the side while she picks up a job or a hobby -she's barely releasing two very chill videos a week these days, how much time do you really need to do that?
yeah I don't understand why she never seems to make up her own recipes, surely she should be able to do that seeing as she has studied a degree in baking? I have said it before but she really needs ot get a job outside of youtube, I think working in the food industry in any capacity would be useful for her, and there are so many vacancies atm

Reactions: 6
As rude as it is to say I just want her to grow up, move out and develop her skills alone. She has the finances to move out so that’s not the reason. I feel like she thinks she’s still like 18/19.

Reactions: 10
As rude as it is to say I just want her to grow up, move out and develop her skills alone. She has the finances to move out so that’s not the reason. I feel like she thinks she’s still like 18/19.
I agree I think it would be good if she seriously started taking steps to becoming more independent from her parents. Perhaps maybe her moving in with a friends, so she’s not too lonely.
I realize the housing situation right now is not great but as you said, she does have the money. Also perhaps starting part time and working up to full time.

Reactions: 4
I wonder if she thinks her content is too dependent on her family/dad? Which, by the way, I always feel a bit bad about - he obviously enjoys it, but it's a lot of time and effort, I wonder if she pays him out.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I'm seriously so tired of these youtubers saying stuff like "i don't know if i'm burned out or something... " and then go on a holiday or a trip. like hun, if you are burned out you can't do anything at all. been there done that. a real burn out is not like you are in need of a weekend getaway. this is why people don't take a real burn out seriously. i couldn't move nor get out of bed for more than half a year. going on a fun trip because you are bored of your life is not burned out.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I'm seriously so tired of these youtubers saying stuff like "i don't know if you burned out or something... " and then go on a holiday or a trip. like hun, if you are burned out you can't do anything at all. been there done that. a real burn out is not like you are in need of a weekend getaway. this is why people don't take a real burn out seriously. i couldn't move nor get out of bed for more than half a year. going on a fun trip because you are bored of your life is not burned out.
exactly, it is like when people use the word "depressed" when really they are just a bit upset or something, makes people take serious MH issues less seriously

• Heart
Reactions: 12
exactly, it is like when people use the word "depressed" when really they are just a bit upset or something, makes people take serious MH issues less seriously
Exactly! I had a very severe case of a burn out. I LITERALLY couldn't move nor get out of bed for at least half a year. Getting to the kitchen and making food was like running a marathon. Lots of people around me didn't understand and wished me a good time off and "relax at home", when I was really sick and working so hard to get better. If you are seriously burned out a trip to London is the last thing you want and can actually do! She's clearly very capable of doing stuff, she's just tired of her routine, that's something completely different than being burned out. You are absolutely right re: depression, too. It's so overused by influencers now that people with real MH issues are not taken seriously anymore*

*Not talking about the ones who are actually suffering of course x

• Heart
Exactly! I had a very severe case of a burn out. I LITERALLY couldn't move nor get out of bed for at least half a year. Getting to the kitchen and making food was like running a marathon. Lots of people around me didn't understand and wished me a good time off and "relax at home", when I was really sick and working so hard to get better. If you are seriously burned out a trip to London is the last thing you want and can actually do! She's clearly very capable of doing stuff, she's just tired of her routine, that's something completely different than being burned out. You are absolutely right re: depression, too. It's so overused by influencers now that people with real MH issues are not taken seriously anymore*

*Not talking about the ones who are actually suffering of course x
Agree with all of this, I hope you are better now ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I like Grace, I do. She just need to grow up, live in the world, get a job, move out (understand not possible due to house prices). It's great she made content during lockdown, it was great lockdown content but a lot of people are back to 'normal' life and she is stuck.

Reactions: 6
I like Grace, I do. She just need to grow up, live in the world, get a job, move out (understand not possible due to house prices). It's great she made content during lockdown, it was great lockdown content but a lot of people are back to 'normal' life and she is stuck.
I mean, it is possible... She has to be on a fairly good income to dilly dally off to London every other week, plus she isn't limited to staying in her parents town as she drives.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
She does not have to move out in order to grow up though, I understand and respect her wish to stay with her family. She does, however, need to grow up and get a life outside of youtube. Something I was thinking earlier was that she could volunteer at places that have been hit hard w/ the pandemic. She could offer her services for free in exchange for some behind the scenes footage. She could stay for 1, 2 or 3 months to help them out. She's a quick learner and without a doubt a hard worker, she's friendly and likable so I'm sure they would love to have her around. Like a museum, a tea/coffee shop, cinema, cafe or restaurant. She could do 2 or 3 days a week, it would give purpose to her days and content for her channel and she would help other people out. She would meet new people, too. She's so good with ppl, that's when she seems to be happiest. The other days she can just dilly dally around.

Reactions: 10
I swear she was starting a series where she was trialling staying in different places in London for a few days at a time to see where she wanted to move to? I feel she did one and then stopped so maybe the idea of moving to London has gone

I swear she was starting a series where she was trialling staying in different places in London for a few days at a time to see where she wanted to move to? I feel she did one and then stopped so maybe the idea of moving to London has gone
I'm pretty sure she started this pre covid and then covid hit so she had to stop

I wonder if she wants to buy or rent. To be honest, I really can't see her moving out any time soon. She would freak out too much. She already freaks out about a plushie, imagine what moving out would do to her! I think it would be better for her to do some temporary thing then. Like rent an airbnb for a month and then go back.

Reactions: 5
I wonder if she wants to buy or rent. To be honest, I really can't see her moving out any time soon. She would freak out too much. She already freaks out about a plushie, imagine what moving out would do to her! I think it would be better for her to do some temporary thing then. Like rent an airbnb for a month and then go back.
Here's the thing, i freak about losing my plushie who i sleep with every night but I've lived in student halls (8 months) and then on my own (7 years). I now struggle being back at my parents for more than a week as i want to get home and back to the way i do things. I have a good relationship with my parents so it's not like we don't get on, I'm just so used to my own space. I don't think having a plushie and having a strong relationship with your parents are indicators of not coping to new situations.

When Grace does move out, i could see it being nearby or a shortish driveaway as i don't see her spending too long away from Banksy and her siblings if she can help it.

Reactions: 5
I don't understand how people always compliment her on her portion sizes and how ~she stays so slim despite eating SO much~. She eats so little! Those breakfasts with cereal and milk are such a baby portions, that bowl is literally so super tiny. I love that she eats just like a normal person, but complimenting her on her portion sizes I will never do.

When Grace does move out, i could see it being nearby or a shortish driveaway as i don't see her spending too long away from Banksy and her siblings if she can help it.
I always forget Banksy is the family cat and not hers. I remember back in the day they didn't get along all that well and now they are so close and cuddly.

Reactions: 3
I don't understand how people always compliment her on her portion sizes and how ~she stays so slim despite eating SO much~. She eats so little! Those breakfasts with cereal and milk are such a baby portions, that bowl is literally so super tiny. I love that she eats just like a normal person, but complimenting her on her portion sizes I will never do.
This! I’ve always thought she eats small portions and when she and her dad do reviews, she takes a single tiny bite compared with her dad who eats the half she has given him. From what I can see from her recent video, she does not seem to eat what a standard woman would need which makes me think she is engaging a little in weight managing behaviours.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
This! I’ve always thought she eats small portions and when she and her dad do reviews, she takes a single tiny bite compared with her dad who eats the half she has given him. From what I can see from her recent video, she does not seem to eat what a standard woman would need which makes me think she is engaging a little in weight managing behaviours.
Yeah, I particularly noticed this in the recent biscuit dunking ranking thing they did - she didn’t finish 1 full biscuit. I wouldn’t expect anyone to finish every single biscuit but would have thought she’d at least have completely finished her favourite or something

Look, as an anorexic, I genuinely find this kind of discussion incredibly naive and frustrating.
Firstly, Grace clearly has no phobias. She eats everything, she touches all kinds of foods. She doesn't have a strict food routine and never sticks to safe foods - her diet is varied, there's nothing she stays clear from and she's not frightened of things like butter, oil or nuts - mayjor healthy food relationship vibes there.

Secondly, only eating a bite of a biscuit in a video in a taste-testing video - GOOD
There are so many bleeping unhealthy binge-eating channels on YouTube where they eat everything in ridiculous amounts.
That's not healthy.

A normal, healthy person only takes a bite of something when taste-testing something - it's what chefs do and it's what reviewers do. That's the whole point of "taste testing"
Comparing her to her older FAHTER's eating habits is asinine.

a) he's a man b) he's older. He probably doesn't care about his physique the same way a 20-something-year-old woman does (shocker), and he's a man! Their metabolisms are totally different. My mother doesn't have an eating disorder, but she eats very differently from my uncle. My uncle is in his sixties, a gym freak, and he'll devour a packet of biscuits without a second thought. My mother, who just cares about cholesterol and isn't as hungry, will probably eat a biscuit.

Not eating the whole this in a TASTE TESTING video is normal and healthy. Good on Grace!
What's not healthy are those binge-eating videos that promote unhealthy, disordered, gorging on all the food in front of them

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 45
Look, as an anorexic, I genuinely find this kind of discussion incredibly naive and frustrating.
Firstly, Grace clearly has no phobias. She eats everything, she touches all kinds of foods. She doesn't have a strict food routine and never sticks to safe foods - her diet is varied, there's nothing she stays clear from and she's not frightened of things like butter, oil or nuts - mayjor healthy food relationship vibes there.

Secondly, only eating a bite of a biscuit in a video in a taste-testing video - GOOD
There are so many bleeping unhealthy binge-eating channels on YouTube where they eat everything in ridiculous amounts.
That's not healthy.

A normal, healthy person only takes a bite of something when taste-testing something - it's what chefs do and it's what reviewers do. That's the whole point of "taste testing"
Comparing her to her older FAHTER's eating habits is asinine.

a) he's a man b) he's older. He probably doesn't care about his physique the same way a 20-something-year-old woman does (shocker), and he's a man! Their metabolisms are totally different. My mother doesn't have an eating disorder, but she eats very differently from my uncle. My uncle is in his sixties, a gym freak, and he'll devour a packet of biscuits without a second thought. My mother, who just cares about cholesterol and isn't as hungry, will probably eat a biscuit.

Not eating the whole this in a TASTE TESTING video is normal and healthy. Good on Grace!
What's not healthy are those binge-eating videos that promote unhealthy, disordered, gorging on all the food in front of them
Look, I’m also diagnosed with AN. Don't think any of us were claiming she has an ED, merely that she clearly is conscious of her health and perhaps weight and not just someone who regularly indulges and is completely oblivious and care free as people often seem to think she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 7