Grackle #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have no idea as don't really follow her on SM other than youtube, but I think this might be true. Putting something like what she put on tiktok, it kind of doesn't matter that she hasn't put him online etc, imagine being him and seeing that... i would find it too much
I think I missed this, what did she put on tiktok?

Wonder if her xmas dinner is any easier on the eye than that monstrosity from last year

Reactions: 2
She took the video down really quickly. It was a reply to the comment saying that she was an amazing human. In it Grace said no she wasn’t and in the last few days she had said a lot of things that she didn’t mean to and hurt people by saying these things. Just showing that she’s also human too, and that we all make mistakes but are learning. No one is perfect.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
She sounded very tearful in the video.

just noticed she’s unfollowed the guy a few of us thought she was dating. I hope everything’s okay for her? :(

I found him on the other list (G's followers not G's following). I was looking last night and couldn't find him for love nor money on G's following list.

She's probably unfollowed because people have been posting his name on videos (or something?) and she's having to delete comments as someone on here said.

I think they're still together. He's still following her but she's not following him, I'd do the same if I knew people (like me!) were trying to find him :)

She took the video down really quickly. It was a reply to the comment saying that she was an amazing human. In it Grace said no she wasn’t and in the last few days she had said a lot of things that she didn’t mean to and hurt people by saying these things. Just showing that she’s also human too, and that we all make mistakes but are learning. No one is perfect.
Aw that's so sad. I hope she realizes that saying awful things sometimes doesn't make you a bad person, just human. We all say dumb things when we are in a state. Hope she's okay

Her last 2 tiktoks she posted today were kind of sad and melancholic, I hope she’s okay :( She said she’s just been in a funk recently but from tbe description of the one she deleted (I didn’t see it) it sounds like something else is going on.

I hope everything is well for her however it not, I do think it will be a lesson that she can't live her life half online and half not.

The posting of teasing clips, etc, will naturally make people curious, especially those younger and people will get invested. If she just did not mention anything she could live out any hardships in peace.

Equally if she's happy to share these snippets and nothing more, she should be clearer to her viewers where she stands.

Personally, I don't think she should've shared anything at this point but I understand she was/is probably excited to finally be in that position but if I was the other person in that relationship I'd feel very uncomfortable.

I don't know if anyone watches Mia Maples but she seems to have a full life outside YouTube but very rarely mentions it. She made a video making a picnic where she announced she had a serious boyfriend and a few (unrelated) videos later she was engaged. She's blurred his face and not shared his name. Her videos are definitely different to Grace making it easier for her to hide that side of her life, however, Grace is equally in full editorial control and can edit anything out as required.

Reactions: 10
I feel like Grace portrays such a positive persona online and it is at least partially deliberate. I don't doubt that she is such a lovely, positive person with a great outlook on life which I am personally very envious of, but if anyone else is like me that's the reason I watch her- I can get so depressed and sceptical about life in general. Her outlook is such a great switch off from the way my own brain operates.

It's natural that she isn't permanently in a good mood, sometimes I think she should show her true emotions in her videos because nobody is that happy all the time! But she's a smart girl and aware of the fact that her audience use her as an uplifting character

Reactions: 9
I've been watching Grace since early lockdown and generally love her videos, although there was a period where I found them a bit over the top (but then again, I'm in my mid-thirties, so not the audience). I fully respect her choice not to reveal private stuff about her life but I feel like this "half in, half out" is making for weirdly flat, personality-less videos in the last six months or so. I've seen some people say it's a running out of content thing (I do miss all the early lockdown themed stuff) but I think it's more that it's so limiting to pretend to be talking about your life without actually revealing anything. I'm not saying we would need details about her relationships or her family etc but she's so guarded about even vague things (ie, possible future plans, her activities beyond Starbucks and grocery shopping, heck, even the details of being a YouTuber/influencer ) that it makes it harder to connect with her. Even someone like Taz is far more open. I get the impression that it's not necessarily even a privacy issue, just trying to broaden her appeal as much as possible, and maybe compensate for potentially polarizing things, like being religious. .She was one of the first vloggers I got into and it was because she was original, quirky, and so much of her personality came through on her earlier vlogs, most of which have been made private.

Before anyone jumps on me, yes, I understand she now has a lot of followers now and yes, I get that she doesn't owe us anything. But I honestly would be surprised if she doesn't wrap up in the next year or so.

I hope everything is well for her however it not, I do think it will be a lesson that she can't live her life half online and half not . . .

I don't know if anyone watches Mia Maples but she seems to have a full life outside YouTube but very rarely mentions it. She made a video making a picnic where she announced she had a serious boyfriend and a few (unrelated) videos later she was engaged. She's blurred his face and not shared his name. Her videos are definitely different to Grace making it easier for her to hide that side of her life, however, Grace is equally in full editorial control and can edit anything out as required.
I think the issue is that Grace doesn't have the material to make exclusively non-vloging videos - ie, she doesn't have too full of a life. She lives at home, doesn't work outside of YouTube, and hasn't really shared any hopes or dreams (beyond being able to travel a bit more). I do think her efforts to conceal details about her life are partially about privacy (ie, her boyfriend) but I think a large part of it is trying to have as broad of an appeal as possible. I can't blame her for being cautious, she got really big really fast, but I think the "half online, half not" has to be very intentional to be done well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8