Grace Victory #7 Gracey Potter, the girl who lived

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s always struggles to find a niche. For a while it was fashion. She’s dabbled in makeup. Then there was the food phase where she did those BBC3 docs. Idk, she’s always struck me as quite lacking in direction, probably because she’s not got much of a personality and a long history of lying about her size, and other things. Personally I think she just needs to get off the internet and get herself a real job, it’ll humble her.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I‘m thinking, what was her main topic before COVID hit her? Didn’t she mainly focus on fashion? Why not revive that somehow? I mean she does feel a bit lost fashionwise atm, but even that could be made into content. That’s one very sad point for me. Somehow I feel like fashion was one of her ways to „celebrate life“ and she seemingly lost that.
A bit of everything, a lot of nothing. It was more about healing and spirituality pre coma.

Reactions: 8
Pre coma content was a bit of everything really. Actually preferred graces content pre coma!

now everything is related to how she died and how she was meant to survive *rolls eyes*

don’t know how much longer she can continue this blogger lifestyle. She jumps at any advertisements I’ve noticed.

Reactions: 5
I think her content is just totally muddled at the moment. Obviously she’s right to only share what she’s comfortable with but she doesn’t seem to talk about Cyprus/mum experiences at all, especially given he was a premie and from the looks of it quite a bit “behind” in his milestones - doesn’t seem to be walking yet? Also still takes a bottle? These are things a lot of mums love to discuss because it’s reassuring to hear others experiences.

instead we get constant trauma drama and … how to pack a suitcase?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I simply don't think she's really interested in that mum's experiences. The relationship seems very superficial anyway. She missed his first months but is always giving away Cyprus because SHE needs time and rest. It's always about her.
Thankfully, the little boy has a loving family circle.

Reactions: 6
I also miss her pre coma content. They weren’t the most thrilling things in the world but her vlogs of her just pottering around her flat were enjoyable watches to me. I feel bad for saying it because obviously she went through something so major ofcourse she’s not gonna be the same person anymore.

I think the disconnect exists because she’s the one who insists she’s fine now and fully recovered. So her lack of output feels more confusing. By her own admission she’s lost her passion for this work. Her fashion content was always fun even if I didn’t love every outfit, one of my favourite things about Grace was how no matter her size she was always very well put together.

The whole ‘family hood’ channel rebrand suggested family/mummy vlogging. Instead it’s just been very sporadic vlogs led by Lee who is a nice guy but not really got the gift of gab the way Grace does to carry a video on his own. I was expecting more regular vlogs similar to her pre-coma vids, just homey videos with her baby.

The only logic I can think of is she just isn’t as recovered and well as she wants us to believe hence the lack of content, and her life isn’t in a place where she feels comfortable to share. Also wasn’t she tweeting a while back that she wishes she had the financial support to just quit work altogether (slight dig at Lee there), so she’s literally going through the motions because she needs the income…

Reactions: 3
The only logic I can think of is she just isn’t as recovered and well as she wants us to believe hence the lack of content, and her life isn’t in a place where she feels comfortable to share. Also wasn’t she tweeting a while back that she wishes she had the financial support to just quit work altogether (slight dig at Lee there), so she’s literally going through the motions because she needs the income…
Remember when Grace was online bragging about paying off all debt and entering the new year with £0 outstanding. She then talks about making boujee purchases one of which was a green bag from Bicester village outlet “because she died,” it’s all smoke and mirrors.

She was bashing the government about her not being eligible for incapacity benefits whilst stretched out in her hospital bed. Grace has spoken often about purchasing a house and that is something she really wants. The book deals, TV work and years of paying rent she would have her deposit by now. I guess it’s down to her and Lee’s current financial situation and how committed Lee is to buying a property and the relationship as a whole.

Reactions: 7
She’s just really strange. Everything in her life is about relaxing and recharging so unsure why she needs a holiday to do that.

Also, does she ever look after Cyprus or is it always Lee?

Reactions: 10
bit of a lurker on this thread, but i've just looked at her stories from this morning... they have an interconnecting room... for what reason? Is Lee sleeping in the other room...? Have I missed something or does this seem odd? Unless she has family there as well. Sorry if i have missed something

bit of a lurker on this thread, but i've just looked at her stories from this morning... they have an interconnecting room... for what reason? Is Lee sleeping in the other room...? Have I missed something or does this seem odd? Unless she has family there as well. Sorry if i have missed something
It seems as if her and Cyprus sleep in one room and Lee has the other. That's how I took it

Reactions: 4
Haven't seen it but an interconnecting hotel room with a small child sounds super sensible, you can put the kid to bed without having to creep around or go to bed yourself.

Reactions: 7
Remember when she did that BBC short about the illegal puppy trade. Does she even like dogs 😅 if she posts a story of dogs today she reads here haha

Spotted this on BBC News today. Am I being too critical, or is that line about nurses having a lot to learn from the student nurse easy to misinterpret as criticism of the other nurses in the hospital?

Lol I knew she’d hate holidaying with the kid. I’m exactly the same to be fair and I’ve taken my sister in law before, to nanny whilst I nap 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.