Grace Victory #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i 10000% agree with you , the amount of times i have procrastinated or put off losing weight is ridiculous. i think grace knows how to but she seems to have so many issues surrounding food that it won’t be sustainable and cause her more mental stress. i think she knows how lucky she is and all of this blasé , i’m a miracle stuff is a front she is putting on. she’s more then likely realised that she needs to and will have to change for the sake of her health and her son. she’s going to have to find a balance between doing all of that whilst trying to get her strength back plus she’s more then likely lost earnings whilst being in her coma so the content will have to start again. i resonate with her in regards to her trauma and upbringing and i do feel for her.
When you have a large amount of weight to lose, it’s so overwhelming. It’s not a 12 week fix it’s a year if not more of dieting and then learning to live at maintenance. Plus there’s the whole eating for health and eating for weight loss. You can eat whatever as long as you are in a calorie deficit but if you’ve been ill you really need to eat for health (fruits, veggies, nuts, oils, grains, lean proteins, slow release carbs etc) and then make sure you remain in a calorie deficit. It’s a lot to do especially when you throw in a new baby and PTSD from COVID. I’m starting tomorrow......again......for the millionth time! I’m also a qualified nutritionist, so I know exactly what I need to do!!!!!!!

Reactions: 18
i think a lot of people aren’t factoring in her past issues surrounding food. i know it’s so easy to be like oh well she needs to start making healthier choices etc but like you said i’m sure she’s overwhelmed with so many things. that coming out of hospital and having a healthy meal is the last thing on her mind. i’m about to start too for the nth time so i know how you feel!!
When you have a large amount of weight to lose, it’s so overwhelming. It’s not a 12 week fix it’s a year if not more of dieting and then learning to live at maintenance. Plus there’s the whole eating for health and eating for weight loss. You can eat whatever as long as you are in a calorie deficit but if you’ve been ill you really need to eat for health (fruits, veggies, nuts, oils, grains, lean proteins, slow release carbs etc) and then make sure you remain in a calorie deficit. It’s a lot to do especially when you throw in a new baby and PTSD from COVID. I’m starting tomorrow......again......for the millionth time! I’m also a qualified nutritionist, so I know exactly what I need to do!!!!!!!

Reactions: 13
I wouldn’t even say she needs to loose weight I think she just needs to be healthier and eat healthier and actually move more

Reactions: 10
i think a lot of people aren’t factoring in her past issues surrounding food. i know it’s so easy to be like oh well she needs to start making healthier choices etc but like you said i’m sure she’s overwhelmed with so many things. that coming out of hospital and having a healthy meal is the last thing on her mind. i’m about to start too for the nth time so i know how you feel!!
We can do it! Honestly I get so pissed off with myself, if I’d remained consistent last year I’d be where I want to be now. 1lb a week over the year is 52lbs, I just want the weight loss without the effort (partly true, I work out 4hrs a week but diet is my downfall!)

Reactions: 4
Does grace know she doesn’t HAVE to reshare every mention on Instagram
This is the most bleeping annoying thing normally anyway, but also... get off your phone? You have JUST got home with your partner and baby after 4 months. Isn’t there better things to do than social media? It gives you a big insight really doesn’t it..

I see her managemen are also working hard to pump her story to news outlets...

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Ok, like a lot of people, I literally just watched about 90 seconds of her live before having to switch off. But I did see her say about her hair “when you’re in a coma, nobody gives a duck” so it got matted. Yeah.... they were trying to keep your organs going and keep you alive but let’s just go with “don’t give a duck” because they didn’t sit there there brushing your hair every day. I’m sure I’ve seen someone say that patients in comas do have their hair looked after however grace was in hospital in the height of the worst peak of covid so I’m sure this wasn’t as much of a priority as it usually is!
She also said she wanted to cut her hair as it has drugs in which she didn’t want in her system. So she wants to cut out the drug that, although might be quite strong, saved her life. Yet she wants to keep putting “drugs” (crappy food) into her system when she should be taking the best care of herself!
I agree that she does seem quite manic at the moment. I hope she has a good support network around her.
She's absolutely tapped. Ought to be grateful she didn't die. Her hair not being cared for is a small sacrifice. As you said, she was in ICU during the highest peak. Probably 2-3 patients per ICU nurse. Glad she survived, but I cannot stand her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
I would bet Lee is up snd trying to spare her feelings knowing she can’t help but because it’s Grace she has to brag about her baby sleeping. That’s rule number one with other mums - don’t gloat about your baby’s sleep.

Reactions: 35
I don’t have kids so forgive me if I’m wrong but this sounds very unlikely to me! I’m thinking Lee actually got up multiple times and didn’t tell Grace to spare her feelings or she’s just straight up lying ??
IA incredibly unlikely but it’s either a lie or worse - in order to cope Lee’s had to do cry it out so the baby genuinely does sleep through the night ☹

Tbh in this situation I wouldn’t blame him, imagine being a new lone parent and having to work and the sleep deprivation. It would kill you.

I don’t have kids so forgive me if I’m wrong but this sounds very unlikely to me! I’m thinking Lee actually got up multiple times and didn’t tell Grace to spare her feelings or she’s just straight up lying ??
From what I remember of my baby being that age he was still needing a feed in the night at least once. Like waking up hungry for his feed. Their tummies are too little to keep full for 12 hours

Reactions: 17
From what I remember of my baby being that age he was still needing a feed in the night at least once. Like waking up hungry for his feed. Their tummies are too little to keep full for 12 hours
I don’t want to be one of ‘those mums’ but my little boy is 8 weeks (born 12th March) and he doesn’t wake up in the night for a feed anymore (this obviously could change but it’s been this way for at least 3 weeks) and he sleeps for 9 hours a night so I wouldn’t be surprised if there 5 month old could be sleeping that long

Reactions: 12
Yes, it’s definitely possible for babies to sleep through at that age. Hopefully they just got lucky rather than training him to sleep through so young.

Reactions: 8
I think the shaved head suits her and she's pretty enough to pull it off (not that it'd matter if she wasn't). She's always looked toothless though lol.
I can’t imagine having to shave my head (I know it’s only hair and it grows back) so fair play to her!

I don’t want to be one of ‘those mums’ but my little boy is 8 weeks (born 12th March) and he doesn’t wake up in the night for a feed anymore (this obviously could change but it’s been this way for at least 3 weeks) and he sleeps for 9 hours a night so I wouldn’t be surprised if there 5 month old could be sleeping that long
Yep all babies are different, mine never slept but my nephew does. He could be sleeping through the month at 5 months. Tbf to Grace, I doubt she’s up to night feeds etc.

Reactions: 3
Have they moved their bed into the living room??!

No, they bought a new one just for her downstairs, their normal bed has a grey headboard. They're probably sleeping in different beds - no way is the one she's sitting on is big enough for both of them. Maybe this is why she thought they all slept 12 hour through.

The enormity and reality of what her body has been through but also the emotional and psychological impact of being in ICU (many struggle after, it's not as simple as being grateful to be alive), missing out on those first few months with her child, and the dynamic of the relationship with her partner changing likely hasn't hit her yet. The brain does wonderful things to try and protect us from traumatic events, I can't even comprehend all of what she has done through, but pretty sure losing weight isn't at the forefront of her mind, and seems harsh to be judging her for that.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
The enormity and reality of what her body has been through but also the emotional and psychological impact of being in ICU (many struggle after, it's not as simple as being grateful to be alive), missing out on those first few months with her child, and the dynamic of the relationship with her partner changing likely hasn't hit her yet. The brain does wonderful things to try and protect us from traumatic events, I can't even comprehend all of what she has done through, but pretty sure losing weight isn't at the forefront of her mind, and seems harsh to be judging her for that.
I feel like all of those tweets about her having a hot girl summer , going on holiday etc were Grace in the rehab centre not really fully coming to terms with what had happened and what’s to come. Deep down she probably knows that the likelihood of those things happening are slim but the reality hadn’t set in as she hadn’t gone back to her everyday life yet

Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.