Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DreamyGal

VIP Member
Didn’t you see the one person saying they weren’t affected by the manifesting cause they had infertility issues
One person doesn’t account for all

Reactions: 4

Kc1233

I’m pretty sure she’s said she was half Cambodian but says Thailand because people recognize it more

DowntoearthDawn

VIP Member
She never explained why, just denounced them publicly and that was all. The queen has spoken :ROFLMAO:
She must of paid for it! It was probably a classy resort and then her and her brother look a like come gallumping up. Trying to be cool and Mykonos was all like FU!! Lol 😂😂😂

• Haha

elttat

Why do you say this? He seems lovely to me!
Some of the things he would post on Insta seemed very odd to me and he seemed to be a bit shady at times. They seemed to be on and off a lot.
Admittedly I haven't watched his stuff in a while tho!

• Wow
Long time lurker but had to create an account when I saw the news (Sorry if I’ve incorrectly formatted) - congrats to her but so many questions.

Did anyone see this? Genuine Q as I’ve never been pregnant but does this really ensure privacy? Unless she’s planning not to share much of baby once born.

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
I honestly think her saying she "signed off work" just means SHE HAS decided to do NOTHING with her day and to turn down any work that might come in, not respond to emails. That's it. That's just the freedom you have as a freelancer (which sometimes results in a loss of income but that's up for the freelancer to choose whether they need a break more than they need the money). Probably not about her taking an official sick leave or whatever.
I hope so, because otherwise she’s breaking rules and making a mockery of her followers.

To be fair, she is dumb enough to say “signed off” when she doesn’t realise that means a signed note from a GP.

Gossipbabex

Sweetheart, they didn’t do a vaginal scan of the baby because it was so small. It’s because you’re so fat. Time to face up to it.
No matter the size under 10 weeks most private scanning places will do trans vaginal scans x

Pinkii

VIP Member
I absolutely agree that Grace is in denial about her weight, however it is statistically proven that Black women do not have access or receive the correct care for their case. Medical racial bias is a real thing and it’s dangerous to be flippant and dismissive of such a fact.
yeh completely agree, in no way was I being dismissive, i said she got a great result of being checked so quickly via having a consultant and if she hadn’t then she would have moaned that she didn’t receive the care as a black woman.

she needs to talk openly about having a consultant or anything else she is being offered or puts her ag risk, she is in a great position as a black woman to talk about the antenatal care to make others aware of what issues she is facing so they know what to ask for but at the moment she is downplaying everything because she thinks people will link it to her weight.

i’m sure the antenatal team are looking after but she seems to think she can manifest everything and its all fine.

I pointed earlier in the thread in regards to her wanting a home birth and how she needs to be aware of the statistics around black women and birth and she needs to be sensible and not be dismissive of advice potentially given by doctors or midwives

I do think the UK Has a great antenatal care compared to places like America where statistics are very high and atm when she is recieving good care and being in a pandemic she shouldn’t be talking so rudely about antenatal teams imo.

MrsSplusone

Virgie Tovar is great and you have a right to remain fat is a fab little book and would really recommend it to anyone, I’m not fat and loved it and gained from reading it. Diet culture is unhealthy, there’s tons of scientific studies that show no one keeps weight off they regain plus some, and how bad it is for you.
But that doesn’t mean that everyone should be as large as grace and constantly breathless on YouTube, there’s far more nuance to it than that. There’s a variety of body shapes & sizes that people will find themselves naturally landing at, and Virgie’s message is not starving / depriving yourself to fit the Eurocentric beauty ideal of skinniness/being lean if that is not how your body is. I think it’s obvious that actively gaining significant amounts of weight quickly (or becoming so huge it’s not possible to live properly) is of concern to medical professionals and needs acknowledging, if you’re a 10 who shoots up to a 16 there is something that needs checking out but that’s not to say being a 10 or a 16 alone is worrying. Same with depriving yourself of a nutritious mixture of food, that needs sorting. It sounds like the YT video was purposefully reductive if it suggested Virgie advocates for you just getting unwell as she doesn’t.

Your pregnancy folder carry case literally tells you you don’t need more food when pregnant, in your third trimester you need 200 additional calories a day which is like what, 3 bananas??
While no you don’t need to “eat for two” I know when I was pregnant I went through phases of being absolutely ravenous (getting up in the night I was so hungry) and then that week the app would say baby was going through rapid development that week. I’m plus size, but I only gained 2 stone during pregnancy and back in pre pregnancy clothes for the most part already 11 weeks post partum

Gossipbabex

I wonder if it makes her feel more in touch with her pregnancy believing that her bump is that big ?
I am a size 14/16 and I do have a sizeable baby bump but nothing to extreme yet ( 6 months ) but beforehand my tummy was quite flat, I have a great friend who is a 22 and when she was pregnant she was so upset that she didn’t have a noticeable pregnant belly as it was just her stomach fat filling out more no defined bump and she hated it by her second pregnancy she accepted her body.

She says she doesn’t want the covid vaccine because she ‘wants to know exactly what’s going in her body’ but her tweets are constantly about stuffing her face with food and she is obese and has been her whole life...
Where has she said this? I can’t find it on her socials! Has she deleted it?

Reactions: 3

DreamyGal

VIP Member
I’m glad she called out the manifestation because it is dangerous and hurtful

Saw a comment up thread RE Colourism. It’s not necessarily to do with her being mixed. More the fact she’s light skinned mixed race people can be dark
Colourism is purely down to the shade of brown you are

Blueblue123

VIP Member
So which is the lie, when she said over a year ago that they weren’t using any contraception or now when she says they started having unprotected sex in March? 🤔
No she said in March they thought it'd be "cool" if they got pregnant. So they were already having u protected sex. I mean, it's probably a conversation they should have had when they decided to start having unprotected sex but whatevz I guess!

Cotedazur

Same. I find the difference in attitude in her vlogs versus her social media to be interesting though.

On Instagram and Twitter she acts like she's on top of it all, nothing is a surprise because she manifested it down to the minute detail and she's taking it in her stride. Meanwhile she's crying that she won't be able to raise a boy correctly in the gender reveal and seemed to have a few down days in the first trimester video.

It's quite odd actually.
I’ve always found this strange too, her twitter personality is worlds apart from the reality she shows on YouTube. At one point I wondered whether that’s why she was hardly making YouTube videos.