Grace Beverley #7 Grace Bentley; committed to misunderstanding covid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
if grace actually did some work, she wouldn’t have the time to post 34 stories on ig each with an unnecessarily long paragraph 🥴 they’re just lectures at this point and probably one of the main reason for her decline in followers

Reactions: 22
I get it if the girls cba to argue but one of them kept trying to get this other girl to admit that she was jealous after ignoring the tea on Grace lol. To me it seems like the only time they want to argue is if they can call someone else jealous or insecure, which as we established before is rooted in misogyny, dressed up as girlbosspower! It’s fucked, like why is it worth your energy to call a stranger jealous/take shots at their self-worth but not to stop someone from profiting from exploitation? Sometimes I wonder whether this is why they get particularly annoyed/spooked by faceless accounts - because they can’t tell what our lives are like behind the screen, there’s nothing they can see as mundane/less glam than Grace/themselves, corner us with and hound us with accusations that we’re jealous until we relent.

Also it’s weird that her friends idolise her so much. It would be different if she was sharing “I love you 💓” posts from her mates but they’re always like one-way 10+ line long letters of adoration lol
I think they're all acting this way because Grace has essentially legitimised this kind of behaviour with her following and influencers in general have been on a whole "block for your mental health"movement when that is definitely legitimate for abusive cyber bullying but not for constructive criticism (lol Zanna). But to that they'll say that I don't have the right to consider what is abusive or not because it's their wall and their account. What a mess.

Reactions: 12
Ugh Grace's story about her people pleasing tendencies has sparked so many thoughts for me.
- one thing that has become very clear is that when it comes to social media, you have to have boundaries. This applies to everyone, not just influencers. Grace has no boundaries: she commodifies almost every aspect of her life and personality; she spends most of her time on social media; she has no separation between herself and her brand; she shares every errant thought in her head. So, yes, I am not surprised that Grace's mental health is suffering
- it must also create psychological dissonance to rely on social media for positive reinforcement, which means you trust the opinions of strangers, and then cope with tides of negative feedback, because surely those opinions must be trustworthy too if following the same logic. I think this is why influencers like Grace become zero sum and reject anything remotely negative, even when it's about their business, not them
- influencers like Grace have an over-inflated sense of how important what they do is and how central their world is to everyone else's orbit. I'm more interested in the social discussions around Grace than Grace herself, which is why I am here
- these points are why influencers like Lauren Conrad have highly curated social media feeds and a strong separation between their personal and public lives. Everything they post is strategic and thought out; it's not personal in the emotional sense. This is no different for everyday civilians who use platforms like LinkedIn and Twitter to network and for professional engagement; there's a degree of detachment and less at stake
- on this note, if I was a huge influencer with a lot of money, I would hire a social media manager to help strategise posts and engagement. I would ask them to read my comments for me and filter back anything that might be useful feedback for improving the business (not my hair, makeup and personality)
- I am so tired of influencers who grew up in privilege acting like access to the top schools, social circles, holidays, material possessions and cultural experiences is nothing. As someone who went to a state school and then a private school (I got a bursary), I can tell you that the latter is a completely different planet. I met lots of lovely kids there who have gone on to become lovely adults, but I also came across insane privilege and social isolation ("why should my parents pay for people who don't work hard?"). It's immensely disturbing that some of the most ignorant dickheads I met are now in politics, law and finance, making decisions for the rest of society. Sigh

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Does anyone know why ceo of woke went private? Also looks like the other main IG exposing grace is deleted?

Does anyone know why ceo of woke went private? Also looks like the other main IG exposing grace is deleted?
Hey sorry I thought it might be safer to go on private for now as shes obviously mass reported the other one. I’ll go back public when it all dies down lol

Hey sorry I thought it might be safer to go on private for now as shes obviously mass reported the other one. I’ll go back public when it all dies down lol
I’m actually so suspicious of some of the people who follow that account though, theres one girl who actually messages the account and talks tit but the other day I saw her commenting on graces posts about how great shreddy is lmfao. Idk maybe theres people like that who have just mass reported the accounts

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 23

I’m actually so suspicious of some of the people who follow that account though, theres one girl who actually messages the account and talks tit but the other day I saw her commenting on graces posts about how great shreddy is lmfao. Idk maybe theres people like that who have just mass reported the accounts
What has happened? Have you been receiving warnings?

Also wtf lmao these people are weird

Reactions: 4
Ugh Grace's story about her people pleasing tendencies has sparked so many thoughts for me.
- one thing that has become very clear is that when it comes to social media, you have to have boundaries. This applies to everyone, not just influencers. Grace has no boundaries: she commodifies almost every aspect of her life and personality; she spends most of her time on social media; she has no separation between herself and her brand; she shares every errant thought in her head. So, yes, I am not surprised that Grace's mental health is suffering
- it must also create psychological dissonance to rely on social media for positive reinforcement, which means you trust the opinions of strangers, and then cope with tides of negative feedback, because surely those opinions must be trustworthy too if following the same logic. I think this is why influencers like Grace become zero sum and reject anything remotely negative, even when it's about their business, not them
- influencers like Grace have an over-inflated sense of how important what they do is and how central their world is to everyone else's orbit. I'm more interested in the social discussions around Grace than Grace herself, which is why I am here
- these points are why influencers like Lauren Conrad have highly curated social media feeds and a strong separation between their personal and public lives. Everything they post is strategic and thought out; it's not personal in the emotional sense. This is no different for everyday civilians who use platforms like LinkedIn and Twitter to network and for professional engagement; there's a degree of detachment and less at stake
- on this note, if I was a huge influencer with a lot of money, I would hire a social media manager to help strategise posts and engagement. I would ask them to read my comments for me and filter back anything that might be useful feedback for improving the business (not my hair, makeup and personality)
- I am so tired of influencers who grew up in privilege acting like access to the top schools, social circles, holidays, material possessions and cultural experiences is nothing. As someone who went to a state school and then a private school (I got a bursary), I can tell you that the latter is a completely different planet. I met lots of lovely kids there who have gone on to become lovely adults, but I also came across insane privilege and social isolation ("why should my parents pay for people who don't work hard?"). It's immensely disturbing that some of the most ignorant dickheads I met are now in politics, law and finance, making decisions for the rest of society. Sigh
Slightly off-topic but your last point really resonates with me - in my time at a Russell Group uni, I encountered people (some ex-private school kids) who shockingly said such things as 'I can't date this guy because his dad is a builder and therefore of a lower socio-economic class than me' and 'real poverty exists only in Africa'. These people are now in comfortable jobs. I wish I were trolling.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Slightly off-topic but your last point really resonates with me - in my time at a Russell Group uni, I encountered people (some ex-private school kids) who shockingly said such things as 'I can't date this guy because his dad is a builder and therefore of a lower socio-economic class than me' and 'real poverty exists only in Africa'. These people are now in comfortable jobs. I wish I were trolling.
One of my friends went to uni in Warwick and was horrified at some sports event (against Coventry uni) when the chants from the Warwick audience were things like "your parents work for mine" (this was 10 ish years ago so no idea if it is the same now) I was really taken aback, I had never heard of people being so openly classist (is that the word I mean?) atrocious

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
One of my friends went to uni in Warwick and was horrified at some sports event (against Coventry uni) when the chants from the Warwick audience were things like "your parents work for mine" (this was 10 ish years ago so no idea if it is the same now) I was really taken aback, I had never heard of people being so openly classist (is that the word I mean?) atrocious
I’ve been to three diff RG unis in various parts of the country and this stuff was rife everywhere. It’s horrific. I know there’s been some articles about it recently e.g. the Durham students seeking out the most poor to sleep with but it’s been going on such a long time. It is definitely classist. No idea how it’s allowed to go on.
Think the worst I heard was in Manchester - M A N M E T, one day you will work for me 🤮

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
What the bleeping tit @ all these stories. These people could have all the money in the world and still be literal trash.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I’ve been to three diff RG unis in various parts of the country and this stuff was rife everywhere. It’s horrific. I know there’s been some articles about it recently e.g. the Durham students seeking out the most poor to sleep with but it’s been going on such a long time. It is definitely classist. No idea how it’s allowed to go on.
Think the worst I heard was in Manchester - M A N M E T, one day you will work for me 🤮
I went to an RG uni too, in Scotland. I'm local to the uni, went to a comp school and the first in my family to go to uni, it was honestly like going through the bleeping looking glass. Full of people from the Home Counties who openly mocked people from Scotland. It was actually pretty shocking to experience and if anyone ever told them the way they spoke was offensive they'd try and pass it off as a joke when it was so blatantly obvious they thought we were less than them. Private schools just breed this sense of entitlement that these idiots then carry into adult life. They then end up in positions of power and no one is able to challenge them :mad:

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
I went to Man Met and we all hated the Manc Uni students as we felt like they all looked down on us 😬never heard that chant though!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Yeah she does! And I really don't understand that decision because most people spend their whole lives paying off their mortgage, if you lose your job you risk losing your house - I dont get why if you have the money you wouldn't want the security of knowing that property will never be taken from you regardless of what happens with your work? Especially being a company owner, it seems an odd decision to me
her parents are loaded, she will never have to worry about not being able to pay the mortgage, therefore she will buy whatever she wants simply because she can. 🤢

Reactions: 11
Anyone else have a feeling shes doing some serious covid rule flouting for halloween tonight 🤣

Reactions: 14
I went to an RG uni too, in Scotland. I'm local to the uni, went to a comp school and the first in my family to go to uni, it was honestly like going through the bleeping looking glass. Full of people from the Home Counties who openly mocked people from Scotland. It was actually pretty shocking to experience and if anyone ever told them the way they spoke was offensive they'd try and pass it off as a joke when it was so blatantly obvious they thought we were less than them. Private schools just breed this sense of entitlement that these idiots then carry into adult life. They then end up in positions of power and no one is able to challenge them :mad:
Yeah - I was also at uni in Scotland too (I'm Scottish myself) and the accommodation was known as a 'mini London' - it had an almost incestuous vibe to it and everyone seemed to know everyone from boarding school or London private schools. Wild.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I went to Man Met and we all hated the Manc Uni students as we felt like they all looked down on us 😬never heard that chant though!
I went to southampton solent and the uni of southampton people had some horrible chants about us, we were all glad they went to different clubs (and they went to the more disgusting ones lollll) Classist chants are probably rife in cities where there's a RG uni and also a poly.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.