Grace Beverley #7 Grace Bentley; committed to misunderstanding covid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went to southampton solent and the uni of southampton people had some horrible chants about us, we were all glad they went to different clubs (and they went to the more disgusting ones lollll) Classist chants are probably rife in cities where there's a RG uni and also a poly.
haha im a fellow previous solent student too and just remember our chant back to them ‘i’d rather be at solent than a c**t 😂 and yea they went to places like jesters 🤢

Reactions: 1
I love this thread and know a lot of you are in the UK. I’m in Melbourne and we just finished 111 days hard lockdown and it was bloody tough. Thinking of all of you English peeps and wish you the best for the lockdown. Remember to check in on each other and reach out for help if you need it xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I went to southampton solent and the uni of southampton people had some horrible chants about us, we were all glad they went to different clubs (and they went to the more disgusting ones lollll) Classist chants are probably rife in cities where there's a RG uni and also a poly.
100%, I went to Cambridge and the typical private school boat club lads would say some awful things about Anglia Ruskin.

Reactions: 1
The fact she posts constantly whenever she has socials but is silent tonight leads me to believe she’s touting the tier 2 rules. Again.

Reactions: 17
I love this thread and know a lot of you are in the UK. I’m in Melbourne and we just finished 111 days hard lockdown and it was bloody tough. Thinking of all of you English peeps and wish you the best for the lockdown. Remember to check in on each other and reach out for help if you need it xxx
eyy I’m in Melbourne too! Originally from the land of Scots but moved out here a couple of years ago 👋🏼

Reactions: 9
Ahhh I have seen all the news coming out from Melbourne for the past few months. Congrats for making it and sending love and support to all of you in the UK from Southeast Asia. I'm sorry for the tit trash show that is the Tory government and psycho influencers like Grace.

Reactions: 16
haha im a fellow previous solent student too and just remember our chant back to them ‘i’d rather be at solent than a c**t 😂 and yea they went to places like jesters 🤢
I went to uni of southampton & come from a working class family 🙃 made me feel tit for the entire degree

I went to uni of southampton & come from a working class family 🙃 made me feel tit for the entire degree
literally same - I'm a council estate/ free school meals kid who went to a Russell Group, absolutely hated everything as everyone was SO ignorant and in this little bubble of privilege - had about 3 friends from uni and the rest i made through jobs working in pubs with non-uni kids who grew up in the city 😂
even more infuriating when i graduated this year with a first and struggled for months to find a job whilst another guy on my course with a 2:2 fell into a job because his dad's an MP 🙃🙃

Reactions: 26
literally same - I'm a council estate/ free school meals kid who went to a Russell Group, absolutely hated everything as everyone was SO ignorant and in this little bubble of privilege - had about 3 friends from uni and the rest i made through jobs working in pubs with non-uni kids who grew up in the city 😂
even more infuriating when i graduated this year with a first and struggled for months to find a job whilst another guy on my course with a 2:2 fell into a job because his dad's an MP 🙃🙃
Feel this, I literally had never experienced private school people ever before coming to uni and it was such a culture shock.
Even the middle class semi normal people were arseholes as well, I remember my flatmates all being genuinely disgusted that I got a maintenance grant, and saying how unfair it was that they didn’t get one and literally just not being able to fathom that the reason they didn’t get one is because their parents earned like 100k a year each. Everyone was so bleeping entitled and I honestly found uni such a depressing little bubble.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
I worked in student lettings around Oxford for a while, and the only people worse than landlords were the parents of the richest students. The snobbery was unreal.
The parents had to fill in details about their income so they could be rent guarantors for their kids. The bigger the ££ the more difficult they were to deal with. Some of them made me actually cry, which is crazy as I’ve been working in customer service since I was 16 and I have a high tolerance for rude people. It’s no wonder the classist attitude rubs off on their children tbh.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I went to a Russel Group uni, and one of the things I will never forget is some "entrepreneur" kid telling me that he never worried about taking financial risks because he always trusted that there would be more money.

In the same vain, not everyone could set up a YouTube account like Grace did. For me, coming from a low income household, social media was - and still is - a pretty risky business. Without family connections, my best chance at success was my education and having a professional public persona, so when I was at uni I studied nonstop and spent my free time doing extracurricular that would look good on my CV. Doing something like YouTube was just not an option: I never had money for expensive gym memberships or even proper gym clothes (let alone to do a clothing haul); I was always conscious that appearing online in sexy poses or in an immature way could jeopardise future career opportunities (my blog, Twitter and LinkedIn were for networking, rather than hobbies); and I couldn't afford to take up hobbies that would take time away from my studies. So I never took the risks that someone like Grace would take because the potential negative outcomes were just too high. This isn't just my personal experience either - the research into the relationship between childhood socioeconomic background and adulthood socioeconomic positioning says the same.

The reality is that Grace would have had to actively try to fail and derail her life for her to move down the socioeconomic ladder. Prior to going to uni, Grace didn't just work in a crappy low skilled job like most of us did, she had a coveted paid internship. Most kids wouldn't even know how to find such an opportunity, let alone get one. Even if Grace's business failed tomorrow, she'd still get a top notch job somewhere despite having a very unprofessional, immature social media presence. Consequently, Grace has been able to take social and economic risks most people aren't able to take, let alone have a positive outcome from.

Apologies for the long rant - it's just a topic I feel very passionately about!

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I went to a Russel Group uni, and one of the things I will never forget is some "entrepreneur" kid telling me that he never worried about taking financial risks because he always trusted that there would be more money.

In the same vain, not everyone could set up a YouTube account like Grace did. For me, coming from a low income household, social media was - and still is - a pretty risky business. Without family connections, my best chance at success was my education and having a professional public persona, so when I was at uni I studied nonstop and spent my free time doing extracurricular that would look good on my CV. Doing something like YouTube was just not an option: I never had money for expensive gym memberships or even proper gym clothes (let alone to do a clothing haul); I was always conscious that appearing online in sexy poses or in an immature way could jeopardise future career opportunities (my blog, Twitter and LinkedIn were for networking, rather than hobbies); and I couldn't afford to take up hobbies that would take time away from my studies. So I never took the risks that someone like Grace would take because the potential negative outcomes were just too high. This isn't just my personal experience either - the research into the relationship between childhood socioeconomic background and adulthood socioeconomic positioning says the same.

The reality is that Grace would have had to actively try to fail and derail her life for her to move down the socioeconomic ladder. Prior to going to uni, Grace didn't just work in a crappy low skilled job like most of us did, she had a coveted paid internship. Most kids wouldn't even know how to find such an opportunity, let alone get one. Even if Grace's business failed tomorrow, she'd still get a top notch job somewhere despite having a very unprofessional, immature social media presence. Consequently, Grace has been able to take social and economic risks most people aren't able to take, let alone have a positive outcome from.

yeh also most (as far as I am aware) youtubers (lifestyle ish ones anyway) are basically from very well off families, especially intitially making content like eating in restaurants, going on holiday etc is expensive to do (until it all ends up being undisclosed ads anyway)

Reactions: 10

Yes to all of this! I did think about starting a youtube channel back when I was around 16 because it seemed like a way out of my really crappy circumstances, but even a basic camera was waaay out of reach financially working for minimum wage (which for my age group was about £5 an hour at the time). My family had 1 laptop between 6 of us and it was SO old, slow, no editing software - not to mention how not "aesthetic" my life was lmao. YouTube success is waaaay less accessible than most youtubers would have you think (lol grace)

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Even the middle class semi normal people were arseholes as well, I remember my flatmates all being genuinely disgusted that I got a maintenance grant, and saying how unfair it was that they didn’t get one and literally just not being able to fathom that the reason they didn’t get one is because their parents earned like 100k a year each.
Yes!! I got the bursary too and I still had to work to keep myself afloat as the place I went for my first degree was really expensive to live in. And I was the only one of my wider friendship group who had a job at all. I had friends whose parents bought houses near the uni for them to live in, and rent out to their friends. Or their parents paid rent or even their fees (I had the 3k fee). But a sniff of the bursary and I had to deal with all this tit as well 🥴 the worst person was actually a girl whose parents were both doctors and she had gone to a normal comp school in Surrey, clearly a very good one still, but also had a superiority complex that she had ‘just gone to a comp’ !!! Infuriating.

• Angry
Reactions: 15
Is anyone going to create a new thread?? I attempted to using the link below but the ‘post thread’ button isn’t listed for me.

Yes!! I got the bursary too and I still had to work to keep myself afloat as the place I went for my first degree was really expensive to live in. And I was the only one of my wider friendship group who had a job at all. I had friends whose parents bought houses near the uni for them to live in, and rent out to their friends. Or their parents paid rent or even their fees (I had the 3k fee). But a sniff of the bursary and I had to deal with all this tit as well 🥴 the worst person was actually a girl whose parents were both doctors and she had gone to a normal comp school in Surrey, clearly a very good one still, but also had a superiority complex that she had ‘just gone to a comp’ !!! Infuriating.
I had a friend who was super pissed that she didn't get the same maintenance grant as others. She didn't seem to resent me, but she resented a lot of others. Also have quite a few wealthy friends outside of uni who had similar gripes against their lower income friends.

Find it super interesting that this thread seems to have a lot of very well educated women who didn't grow up with money. I thought we were all just trolls committed to misunderstanding Grace 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I had a friend who was super pissed that she didn't get the same maintenance grant as others. She didn't seem to resent me, but she resented a lot of others. Also have quite a few wealthy friends outside of uni who had similar gripes against their lower income friends.

Find it super interesting that this thread seems to have a lot of very well educated women who didn't grow up with money. I thought we were all just trolls committed to misunderstanding Grace 😂
I find it so shocking how many of you have experienced such snobbishness at uni, my experience wasn't this at all my friend groups were very mixed, although looking at the state of British society/politics I guess I should not be surprised

I find it so shocking how many of you have experienced such snobbishness at uni, my experience wasn't this at all my friend groups were very mixed, although looking at the state of British society/politics I guess I should not be surprised
Same. Maybe I somehow lucked out. I swear if I ran into someone like that in real life I would probably be actually violent lol

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I could not finish watching this video, someone else can give the summary. I couldn't get past the first 20 seconds. She has the audacity to say she was asked to give tips on "how to build a business with no money" ... "TRUST ME I know that". Could they really not have found a business owner who actually built their business up from nothing instead of an Oxford educated rich girl from Kensington?

OMG the comments on this are giving me life!!! 🤪🤪 our qween is quick to defend herself of course with her nonsense. Sorry if this has been posted already, I’m working my way through the three 😅😅

OMG the comments on this are giving me life!!! 🤪🤪 our qween is quick to defend herself of course with her nonsense. Sorry if this has been posted already, I’m working my way through the three 😅😅
**THREAD 😅😅

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.