Grace Beverley #7 Grace Bentley; committed to misunderstanding covid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just tread the last 5 pages of the thread.... is Grace really moaning about social media? Then leave? Stay on your business Instagram. You claim your businesses are doing so well so why can’t you delete your actual Instagram? Oh wait it’s because you’re so fragile and you need constant validation from your yes men and minions.

Reactions: 21
So she wants to dissociate from the validation social media brings her, yet she’s literally paying for likes and comments? LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Grace beverley: the truth has finally been released, her leggings are actually made in the ‘far east’

ECB1DFBC-CB46-4FFB-9A37-F9A020B50F5B.png

Wtf is this

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
F774328A-0779-4553-8ACA-AE47AA908637.jpeg

tyler the creator comes to mind here lmao bit sick and tired of the rants about being a public figure or people thinking they’re entitled to opinions or backlash and “wilfully misunderstanding” and “boundaries” and social media being unhealthy when honestly she does not need to have social media or use it in this way like if it’s not a productive place and ur too wrapped up in the validation and can’t take any critique w/o branding it trolling then don’t !!!!! go and enjoy ur life ! private ur account and live a low-key ceo life as many many many do

also tbh don’t think this has been touched upon here yet but so easy to forget as well that “influencing” as a profession is often inherently middle/upper-class exclusive. like for people to see u as worth being influenced by they often have to want something u have - hauls, holidays, new houses, cars, fancy dinners out, instagrammable overpriced locations. to even amass followers like that is often due to all the above ! u don’t get there by taking blurry pics in maccies as ur big meal out for the week as it’s all u can afford and u don’t have a great phone so the quality is bad lol

so the growth of her following is inherently down to those things - like someone said earlier, the nice expensive gym wear, the ability to afford a good gym, good phone to take great pictures, camera, lighting, tripod etc. it’s just not geared at lower class ppl lol or even lower-middle

• Heart
Reactions: 39
So I'm not a qualified psychiatrist but I am diagnosed with OCD. Making sure you are not doing anything wrong towards someone is quite an intense intrusive thought for me. Everyone, whether you have OCD or not, will experience these thoughts on different levels in different aspects of your life. If one doesn't have the right tools to work through these thoughts it can have a serious impact on your well-being when everyday you are faced with the trigger not knowing how to overcome it.

To divert a bit:
I watched Grace on YouTube and she often would say that her success was not done alone, she often would say how privileged she is and the most notable thing for me, was that she shared that no journey or person is perfect. That is something I really took from her because no way we can make perfect decisions all the time and it was great to hear because I struggled with the idea of being imperfect. And even then she would open up and say how she can't please everyone.

Some people say she never acknowledged the above. Yes she did. Not the the extent to what 3rd parties shared over the past year but principle stands she did acknowledge these points.

We don't know how many non-disclosure agreements she had to sign that could have prevented her from sharing more.

Back to my main point:
Before her companies were hyped, before she announced the big changes, I could sense Grace had an attitude shift towards social media as being one of more disadvantageous than advantageous. This was, as she has described in her recent updates, related to a small amount of people, already then, making extreme remarks rather than opening dialogue.

She as a human being,
studying fulltime,
contemplating her future career,
balancing social life with close friends and family, growing into adulthood,
getting through emotional pain of relationship break ups,
signing contracts with impacts to her future
and trying to maintain her online friendship with her followers,
had to try work through her intrusive thoughts
all related to a communication tool that became more and more destructive yet was meant to be inherently constructive.

At that point everything was still "okay", few people could see her pain in using social media. The pain being the struggle to balance the idea of pleasing everyone and not giving away too much of herself in the process.

The noticeable change could have happened in her final year final exams and assignments. When she was unable to please all stakeholders in her life continuously, who she normally could keep satisfied. Her anxiety may have reached extreme levels that put her brain in flight or freeze mode.

So it went from the extreme end of pleasing everyone to the other extreme end of stay true to herself which regrettably left no room to admit fault.

So we would see her on YouTube promoting her business and very little personal life being shared and people then started to get upset. I feel like this can be explained like a friendship where the one friend that shared everything with you just starting ignoring your texts but you would see little highlights on their status updates and feel confused to where things went wrong. Wondering why she was only doing videos to sell things, then bringing out products not in line with her values she shared previously. So without her explanation to say that she is emotionally unable to open any form of dialogue against her decisions, she just dismissed the comments because that was the only tool she kept in her toolbox to deal with the situation. And so it continued because maybe it worked for her for a while. To feel like she had a sense of control over her decision to please people.

But looking back and reflecting- this is SO understandable. One could say the wall was built with the strongest bricks in protect-emotional-well-being warehouse.

Imagine the painful process to knock down a wall like that. To be vulnerable to your own intrusive thoughts, along with other opinions (positive or negative) ringing in the back of her mind (or should I say ringing on her phone).

So going forward without the correct tools in your toolbox and trying to remain emotionally intact to carry on with the necessary everyday tasks to atleast please those close around you and authoritative figures would mean an inability to take constructive criticism due to a build up of emotions on the other side of the wall and a fear of having a fleeting thought that you are not in control of your own actions because the idea of pleasing someone else is so hurtful because the next second goes by with continuously another disappointed stakeholder. And this could be exponential since the digital world is infinite.

And now as you hear the pain coming through her voice - those extreme remarks are still made to justify the inflexible idea of who Grace is in your mind.

The struggle is real in our individual complex brains.

Reactions: 6
Yeah when grace went on about “do you think social media is a place people will want to be”

Wel normal people yeah???
mall my friends have private social media accounts so we can follow and enjoy each others life

people like grace (not her specifically but influencers) corrupted the space by monetising social media and then getting annoyed when people don’t want to just see companies giving them free stuff, or following a walking advert.

I don’t think “influencers” and social media is a sustainable thing, I think people are already started to get tired of these people

grace creates her own problems though being so aggressive, preachy and then hypocritical. If she says its not her income anymore- fine go private

but I think that’s a big insight into her life if she really doesn’t recognise all the gifted food and services (through insta!) as an income and footing all those bills herself will be unnoticeable to her lifestyle

every job has pros and cons. Rightly or wrongly. A nurse watched people die for 20k a year. An influencer gets some nasty comments for 20k a post... you can also tell most instagrammers have never worked in customer service because retail and hospitality staff will deal face to face with awful comments all the time and for minimum wage

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Grace beverley: the truth has finally been released, her leggings are actually made in the ‘far east’

View attachment 291469
Wtf is this
She keeps trying to push the narrative that it's her success that makes people criticise her. It's the same as saying that it's all jealousy. So why only certain influencers get a lot of criticism and others don't? Surely if it was because of their success, all of them would be "hated" equally...

Reactions: 16
Hang on have I missed something how do we know tala is made in China? Can someone link me
They posted a video of a factory which they claimed was in hong kong, then a bunch of people commented saying why does is shanghai written all over the factory in the video? And then they eventually responded and admitted the factory in the video was in shanghai and that the hong kong factory outsources work to china

Reactions: 9
She keeps trying to push the narrative that it's her success that makes people criticise her. It's the same as saying that it's all jealousy. So why only certain influencers get a lot of criticism and others don't? Surely if it was because of their success, all of them would be "hated" equally...
This!!!
I don’t get what is so hard to understand for influencers - if you lie or are fake about something people are going to criticise you. Who really cares if Grace is rich and privileged if she owned it and was open about it? I like watching Amelia Liana, it’s not like I’m jealous of or hate all rich people. Just the ones who lie about it.

Reactions: 17
Grace doesn't understand what privilege is at all does she.
Privilege is not just outright being handed money.

It's growing up with no financial stress.
It's finding out about and getting assistance (i.e. parental advice) with applying for a role at IBM at 16.
It's living near London where there's more opportunities.
It's oozing confidence because everything has always worked out for you and your family.
It's being a blonde haired blue eyed white person.
It's having family to advise you on starting a business.
It's knowing that you can invest money in yourself/your business because you have family wealth to fall back on if tit hits the fan.
It's having a network of white collar job friends/family who can advise you and your business.

It's being able to sit and say duck ALL about the free school meals debacle because you don't know anyone affected by it and knowing you will never ever be close to needing it.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
So I'm not a qualified psychiatrist but I am diagnosed with OCD. Making sure you are not doing anything wrong towards someone is quite an intense intrusive thought for me. Everyone, whether you have OCD or not, will experience these thoughts on different levels in different aspects of your life. If one doesn't have the right tools to work through these thoughts it can have a serious impact on your well-being when everyday you are faced with the trigger not knowing how to overcome it.

To divert a bit:
I watched Grace on YouTube and she often would say that her success was not done alone, she often would say how privileged she is and the most notable thing for me, was that she shared that no journey or person is perfect. That is something I really took from her because no way we can make perfect decisions all the time and it was great to hear because I struggled with the idea of being imperfect. And even then she would open up and say how she can't please everyone.

Some people say she never acknowledged the above. Yes she did. Not the the extent to what 3rd parties shared over the past year but principle stands she did acknowledge these points.

We don't know how many non-disclosure agreements she had to sign that could have prevented her from sharing more.

Back to my main point:
Before her companies were hyped, before she announced the big changes, I could sense Grace had an attitude shift towards social media as being one of more disadvantageous than advantageous. This was, as she has described in her recent updates, related to a small amount of people, already then, making extreme remarks rather than opening dialogue.

She as a human being,
studying fulltime,
all related to a communication tool that became more and more destructive yet was meant to be inherently constructive.

At that point everything was still "okay", few people could see her pain in using social media. The pain being the struggle to balance the idea of pleasing everyone and not giving away too much of herself in the process.

The noticeable change could have happened in her final year final exams and assignments. When she was unable to please all stakeholders in her life continuously, who she normally could keep satisfied. Her anxiety may have reached extreme levels that put her brain in flight or freeze mode.

So it went from the extreme end of pleasing everyone to the other extreme end of stay true to herself which regrettably left no room to admit fault.

So we would see her on YouTube promoting her business and very little personal life being shared and people then started to get upset. I feel like this can be explained like a friendship where the one friend that shared everything with you just starting ignoring your texts but you would see little highlights on their status updates and feel confused to where things went wrong. Wondering why she was only doing videos to sell things, then bringing out products not in line with her values she shared previously. So without her explanation to say that she is emotionally unable to open any form of dialogue against her decisions, she just dismissed the comments because that was the only tool she kept in her toolbox to deal with the situation. And so it continued because maybe it worked for her for a while. To feel like she had a sense of control over her decision to please people.

But looking back and reflecting- this is SO understandable. One could say the wall was built with the strongest bricks in protect-emotional-well-being warehouse.

Imagine the painful process to knock down a wall like that. To be vulnerable to your own intrusive thoughts, along with other opinions (positive or negative) ringing in the back of her mind (or should I say ringing on her phone).

So going forward without the correct tools in your toolbox and trying to remain emotionally intact to carry on with the necessary everyday tasks to atleast please those close around you and authoritative figures would mean an inability to take constructive criticism due to a build up of emotions on the other side of the wall and a fear of having a fleeting thought that you are not in control of your own actions because the idea of pleasing someone else is so hurtful because the next second goes by with continuously another disappointed stakeholder. And this could be exponential since the digital world is infinite.

And now as you hear the pain coming through her voice - those extreme remarks are still made to justify the inflexible idea of who Grace is in your mind.

Grace nobody wants to listen to your rants here

• Haha
Reactions: 50

To divert a bit:

Back to my main point:

She as a human being,
studying fulltime,

grace you ok hun?

• Haha
Reactions: 36

jeez that long rant and what almost seems like an attempt at poetry (???)

Genuinely tired of people talking about Grace like she’s the exception to everything when so many good influencers have continued sharing their lives. I love how in literally one post you’ll say that we should be kind to open a dialogue and then in the next one you say how we should be ok with Grace not wanting to open dialogue. Everything else isn’t even worth addressing because it’s just double standards through and through. Because that’s how it’ll always be with Grace. Because that's what she's created for herself.

It’s quite basic really, influencers say they don’t owe us anything guess what we don’t owe them anything either.

I also heard pain in her most recent videos but honestly, then just leave social media. Especially if you think your businesses will stand without it. If social media is harming you that much then really just leave. She’s young but she’s not a child to not know this. She’s only two years younger than me.

Reactions: 27
Her whole rant is just so crazy because no one would’ve been pressed about the BBC video if she had just given the business tips without making a point of saying they were for people “with no money”, when that clearly wasn’t the case for her. Even if that was specifically what the BBC asked for no one forced her to put it like that?

People aren’t taking an issue with her success or the tips she gave, it’s the lack of transparency. Sure she might have talked about her privilege before, but anyone watching her for the first time in that BBC clip would think she started with nothing. I don’t know why she doesn’t get that.

Reactions: 28
Her whole rant is just so crazy because no one would’ve been pressed about the BBC video if she had just given the business tips without making a point of saying they were for people “with no money”, when that clearly wasn’t the case for her. Even if that was specifically what the BBC asked for no one forced her to put it like that?

People aren’t taking an issue with her success or the tips she gave, it’s the lack of transparency. Sure she might have talked about her privilege before, but anyone watching her for the first time in that BBC clip would think she started with nothing. I don’t know why she doesn’t get that.
yeah exactly it’s the way she says she’s been asked to talk about building yourself as a brand and a business with no money- “trust me I know that”. 1- you don’t. 2- There is a big difference between choosing not to use money, and not having any.

also obviously we know the above is true
Years of work and money went in to building grace as a brand to gain the million followers to put her in a position to release merchandise

And it says on Genflow website theydo marketing and branding? Surely by paying/ working with them that counts as marketing spend

she wears “no market spend” as a badge of honour like just because she didn’t do any paid social media ads she really does think she grew it for free 😂

Reactions: 24
jeez that long rant and what almost seems like an attempt at poetry (???)

Genuinely tired of people talking about Grace like she’s the exception to everything when so many good influencers have continued sharing their lives. I love how in literally one post you’ll say that we should be kind to open a dialogue and then in the next one you say how we should be ok with Grace not wanting to open dialogue. Everything else isn’t even worth addressing because it’s just double standards through and through. Because that’s how it’ll always be with Grace. Because that's what she's created for herself.

It’s quite basic really, influencers say they don’t owe us anything guess what we don’t owe them anything either.

I also heard pain in her most recent videos but honestly, then just leave social media. Especially if you think your businesses will stand without it. If social media is harming you that much then really just leave. She’s young but she’s not a child to not know this. She’s only two years younger than me.
I am not saying that we should be okay with Grace not wanting to open dialogue when it comes to her business.

It is not okay in terms of a company publishing statements that are inaccurate or misinformation, misleading young consumers. This has legal ramifications.

I agree that in order to be successful in the sustainable and ethical avenue, transparency is key to maintaining loyal customers. This includes open dialogue about business decisions that are not always in line with the said journey. As a lot of you have pointed out, the decline in customers, bot followers, and disappointed reviews etc. are all indications that their customer base is declining. Customers are not satisfied with their products nor their information shared.

This is a major weakness in their company culture. Because, yes, company culture starts at the top by the CEO, and trickles down to influence how each individual in the company goes about their business.
The risk of bad company culture is low sales and bad publicity which will definitely impact their revenue.

I do appreciate you think my writing is partly poetic. I probably come across as that character in Mean Girls to which the line "She doesn't even go here!" is hurled her way.

I wrote that post to bring in a different angle of the human element involved from her POV. A reflection of why a person acts the way they act. The conversation of wrong doing has many layers. Not to justify what happened. But to gain better insight.

One can have all the money in the world but access to the right tools in one's mental toolbox can come at different times for everyone.

I believe there is value in being empathetic to her pain. Maybe there is few and far between on this thread that agree.
She still clearly struggles with the same thought pattern. Some people may say she has yes (wo)men around her, but to give it a different meaning - it may indicate that those close to her, are not helping encourage her to overcome an intrusive thought pattern that brings pain and anxiety.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I am not saying that we should be okay with Grace not wanting to open dialogue when it comes to her business.

It is not okay in terms of a company publishing statements that are inaccurate or misinformation, misleading young consumers. This has legal ramifications.

I agree that in order to be successful in the sustainable and ethical avenue, transparency is key to maintaining loyal customers. This includes open dialogue about business decisions that are not always in line with the said journey. As a lot of you have pointed out, the decline in customers, bot followers, and disappointed reviews etc. are all indications that their customer base is declining. Customers are not satisfied with their products nor their information shared.

This is a major weakness in their company culture. Because, yes, company culture starts at the top by the CEO, and trickles down to influence how each individual in the company goes about their business.
The risk of bad company culture is low sales and bad publicity which will definitely impact their revenue.

I do appreciate you think my writing is partly poetic. I probably come across as that character in Mean Girls to which the line "She doesn't even go here!" is hurled her way.

I wrote that post to bring in a different angle of the human element involved from her POV. A reflection of why a person acts the way they act. The conversation of wrong doing has many layers. Not to justify what happened. But to gain better insight.

One can have all the money in the world but access to the right tools in one's mental toolbox can come at different times for everyone.

I believe there is value in being empathetic to her pain. Maybe there is few and far between on this thread that agree.
She still clearly struggles with the same thought pattern. Some people may say she has yes (wo)men around her, but to give it a different meaning - it may indicate that those close to her, are not helping encourage her to overcome an intrusive thought pattern that brings pain and anxiety.
Nobody is denying that Grace is human, nor are we devoid of empathy. But someone being human does not leave them immune from criticism, particularly when they have profited off of the exploitation of others.

You are projecting thoughts onto her that only she knows she does or doesn't experience. Consequently, it doesn't exactly change my feelings towards her, because it's just conjecture.

I will also say, Grace has an absurd amount of money. If she isn't already, she should be in therapy. (This isn't meant as a dig, I think everyone should go to therapy).

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.