Grace Beverley #7 Grace Bentley; committed to misunderstanding covid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I looked on their website and it seems as though they have taken down the logos of the accreditations that they listed. That was something I asked about and I am glad they took it down. Hopefully they are going to put up something similar to girlfriend collective - links to certificates etc. Would be great to see more detail.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Grace, if you're reading here I'll give you a PR tip for free

Log. Off. Of. Instagram.

Literally just hand your social media over to a social media manager and STOP POSTING COMMENTS ON INSTAGRAM.

Reactions: 33
they mysteriously stopped deleting critical comments. I wonder whose decision that was? You’d think that with two companies that rely hugely on perfecting PR watching over the post (Gleam & the actual BBC), it wouldn’t have run so immediately into issues! She blocked the IG I made the post talking about her history with loool.

The idea of some Grezite at the BBC being told off by their senior for sanitising the comments brings me so much satisfaction. A girl can dream 🥰

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
She said that social media is dehumanising and it’s made her feel like she can’t do anything right. Again I don’t think this is much more than people calling her or her companies out for tit that they have actually done wrong. A bit of honesty, some genuine apologies and a bit of humility at a time of hardship for most would go a long way to repairing her image.

Being called out for lying about the Tala supply chain isn’t hate.
Complaining about missing or faulty items isn’t hate.
Asking for a refund isn’t hate.
Genuine criticism about shady business practices isn’t hate.
Asking to be paid for work you have done isn’t hate.
Not praising you for your occasional performative leftism, NOT HATE.

I’m sorry if you feel that we are misunderstanding you Grace 💖, the T&Cs are clear, we hope you understand ✨.

Reactions: 53
This is when you know shes like next level insecure and unhinged, blocked over liking a comment 🤣🤣 what sort of ceo sits there and blocks 50 people just for liking a comment lmfao who has time for that? Tbh if those comments which werent even mean have affected her that much then she needs to get off social media. How thin skinned can you be?? You can see shes clearly been hyped up all her life by her parents and private schools, never had to face criticism.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I just want to quickly say to CEO of Woke - the nursery thing isn't such a big deal. I, horrifyingly, will pay over £11k a year for 'wraparound' care for my child at 1. This is because I need to go back to work so I can contribute to my share of the mortgage, and also my work are inflexible about hours. It is my only option - or quit and pay back maternity. I won't have a penny to run together that year! My husband and I do not make a lot of amount of money and we live in a nice, but not fancy, area.
Childcare should be far more subsidised!!!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I do agree with Grace, some comments are a bit too far and can be mean. I am not innocent in this though with comments I made and subsequently deleted. I may not have called her something horrible but the tone of my comment was not one open to discussion but more to tell someone information and demand answers rather than kindly pointing an error out and starting up dialogue in a way that includes all voices. These comments are done in such a way it completely takes away from the critical discussion.

I was able to have a great discussion with a girl tagged in a wearetala post. She reminded me that a lot of the audience might be dipping their toes into the idea of shopping sustainably. There is definitely great value in how Wearetala markets sustainablity as cool and not something to invoke fear. Going from shopping at ASOS, PLT, Boohoo etc. and doing so possibly because your fave influencer is the face of a collection to then trying to understand how that is enabling fast fashion with has major effects on the environment can be quite devastating for a young consumer.

I am just as frustrated as alot of you are, when at my level of knowledge of ethics and sustainability, the facts and evidence are not shared/stated correctly. This is definitely because in their staff, there is lack of these expertise to know the nitty gritty of how things are stated correctly, how one shouldn't put accreditations actually related to suppliers as accreditations as their own, etc. This is definitely a weakness in their company. I do hope that they hire someone that is well-versed and knowledgeable in this regard to help them so that their market can include those with a better understanding of the laws, requirements etc.

I just think maybe the way that majority of us are going about sharing this information as something to be exposed is not actually getting people to have that very much needed critical conversation. It is creating a divide and people are choosing sides.

Remember some people want Grace to succeed and some people are understandbly upset that seeing her succeed frustrates them (which is not healthy). I won't lie I was definitely on the upset side but that didn't bring me any closer to making a positive impact. I want Grace to succeed so that more young women and men can be inspired to follow in her footsteps and run their own companies in sustainable and ethical way.

Reactions: 10
I just want to quickly say to CEO of Woke - the nursery thing isn't such a big deal. I, horrifyingly, will pay over £11k a year for 'wraparound' care for my child at 1. This is because I need to go back to work so I can contribute to my share of the mortgage, and also my work are inflexible about hours. It is my only option - or quit and pay back maternity. I won't have a penny to run together that year! My husband and I do not make a lot of amount of money and we live in a nice, but not fancy, area.
Childcare should be far more subsidised!!!
Fair enough tbh, I guess it depends on perspective though, like for me at nursery my parents were on benefits living in a council house so it sounds like a wild amount to me, plus its the cost of a year at uni and the fact that 9k back then is more like 15k in 2020. But I’ve not had kids yet or anything so it just sounds wild to me I guess

Reactions: 16
There are a lot of
Grace, if you're reading here I'll give you a PR tip for free

Log. Off. Of. Instagram.

Literally just hand your social media over to a social media manager and STOP POSTING COMMENTS ON INSTAGRAM.
I honestly don't know why she doesn't move to a private account for family & friends and then have a more business-y public profile, especially since she's constantly banging on about how bad social media is and how she feels like she doesn't want to continue with it.

That way there's no obligation to post on her private account and her public account would be purely for her businesses and she can hand that over to a social media manager, she has to have no involvement.

Then again we all know she absolutely LIVES for biting back at people on Instagram and starting arguments!

Reactions: 12
I could not finish watching this video, someone else can give the summary. I couldn't get past the first 20 seconds. She has the audacity to say she was asked to give tips on "how to build a business with no money" ... "TRUST ME I know that". Could they really not have found a business owner who actually built their business up from nothing instead of an Oxford educated rich girl from Kensington?

Why does she keep claiming she went from zero to hero? Putting all her privilege aside, like literally as an influencer she already had a market set out for her. Since she became an influencer years ago, she's essentially been doing marketing everyday no matter what she posts. The comments defending her are insane and ignorant and they literally scream being proud of ignorance. Does she or anyone who actually listens to her think these tips will actually apply to anyone who isn't an influencer? So embarrassing. Not shocking that BBC is sharing this considering the Tory direction their news side is taking :censored:.

I'm no business person but I have a serious issue with this idea that she had no marketing budget and therefore grew her brands with no money. How did she grow her massive audience which she then used 'for free' to grow the brands? How much did she spend on all the content she had to make before she got any free stuff sent to her, her fitness content when she was Grace Fit UK did not look cheap to me. Let's stop pretending that there are no costs involved in growing channels to the audience sizes that she has. Yeah, she might not have had an allocated marketing budget. But getting that audience was not free.
Exactly. The things you said are why I'm convinced all influencers come from privilege despite their unending attempt at a revolution to show otherwise.

Woiiii 🥴🥴View attachment 290431View attachment 290432

Wot a sad bleep saying she had no family help, nahh those 100s of thousands they spent on your education didn’t help at all

I can’t believe Ive tricked her into responding to old ceo of woke
She really thinks she's so smart. She doesn't have to say "she did that herself" for people to assume that. It's so heavily implied that she's only giving tips like this because she did things this way to succeed bc otherwise why would she be here? Would the BBC interview me for what it's like to release a platinum selling album? FFFSshsp. Fine, Grace if you didn't do that yourself who the duck are you to give advice like that? Tell the BBC to bring in someone else whose actually done it then. Like seriously who do you think you are Grace?

Jeez sorry for my long ranty reply.

Last edited:
I do find it bizarre that she went on that blocking spree. By her own 'boundaries' everyone who liked one of those comments kept away from her and didn't 'invade' her space with criticism. If I had millions in the bank I certainly wouldn't be wasting my time on a comment that's not even on my own page, she really can't cope with any criticism can she?

That is a very standard amount to pay for nursery in the south, they are hugely expensive so I wouldn’t really stay on that, all of her private schools after that though and holidays and where she grew up is more relevant

Reactions: 11
I do agree with Grace, some comments are a bit too far and can be mean. I am not innocent in this though with comments I made and subsequently deleted. I may not have called her something horrible but the tone of my comment was not one open to discussion but more to tell someone information and demand answers rather than kindly pointing an error out and starting up dialogue in a way that includes all voices. These comments are done in such a way it completely takes away from the critical discussion.

I was able to have a great discussion with a girl tagged in a wearetala post. She reminded me that a lot of the audience might be dipping their toes into the idea of shopping sustainably. There is definitely great value in how Wearetala markets sustainablity as cool and not something to invoke fear. Going from shopping at ASOS, PLT, Boohoo etc. and doing so possibly because your fave influencer is the face of a collection to then trying to understand how that is enabling fast fashion with has major effects on the environment can be quite devastating for a young consumer.

I am just as frustrated as alot of you are, when at my level of knowledge of ethics and sustainability, the facts and evidence are not shared/stated correctly. This is definitely because in their staff, there is lack of these expertise to know the nitty gritty of how things are stated correctly, how one shouldn't put accreditations actually related to suppliers as accreditations as their own, etc. This is definitely a weakness in their company. I do hope that they hire someone that is well-versed and knowledgeable in this regard to help them so that their market can include those with a better understanding of the laws, requirements etc.

I just think maybe the way that majority of us are going about sharing this information as something to be exposed is not actually getting people to have that very much needed critical conversation. It is creating a divide and people are choosing sides.

Remember some people want Grace to succeed and some people are understandbly upset that seeing her succeed frustrates them (which is not healthy). I won't lie I was definitely on the upset side but that didn't bring me any closer to making a positive impact. I want Grace to succeed so that more young women and men can be inspired to follow in her footsteps and run their own companies in sustainable and ethical way.
I understand your point of view and where you are coming from, and imho I think this shows how much more humble you are of yourself and the things you put out online compared to Grace. I would agree with you entirely if we were speaking of another person that isn't Grace, but I can't agree with you entirely just based off my personal opinion of Grace and her companies.

The reason is well... very evident throughout all the threads on Tattle about Grace. I have a huge issue with people that make themselves out to be something and expect their followers to follow suit (be vegan, live as sustainably as possible, transparency, and to be kind just to name a few examples) and then blatantly do the opposite. She is a massive consumer that went on multiple trips abroad during a pandemic. She has shown that she does not care about her global community by not practising Covid-19 safe practices on a repeated basis. To avoid repeating everything that's been said before on this thread, to put it short she is a massive hypocrite that can not take any criticism. She can't even take constructive criticism, even when it's been phrased in a polite way that allows for a discussion to take place (what comes to mind is the girl that commented about Grace's choice of words for saying that the "vegan police" will come after her for her [constant] use of leather) - she refuses to not take it personally and it's immediately classified as hate.

She certainly doesn't mind if her followers jump on people criticising her, you can also look at her now abandoned Twitter account where she would constantly put companies on blast for minor things like a 30 minute delay on her Deliveroo order.

In terms of how the criticism is addressed to her, I just feel that people are at different points of frustration with either Grace or the products from her companies. If I was a consumer of Tala and was already on my 4th pair of leggings within a year, I'd also be too impatient to be overtly polite in order to hopefully not offend Grace in order to hopefully maybe get some help because I am not getting help from the proper channels; and now am feeling quite desperate for someone to help me. Or if I've just been charged 80 pounds/euros for a subscription service I thought I had cancelled but there is now no way I can get it refunded, to then go to Instagram and see the CEO asking us which obnoxious car she should get for herself. So given these experiences, just to mention a few, I think we can forgive people for getting fed up with hypocrisy and fake behaviour from someone who makes out to be so much better than us all. Imho, she's surpassed the point of being coddled. In any other business to consumer company, if customer service reps have to get used to getting verbal abuse from customers on a daily basis, yet the CEO can not even take some well articulated critcism with an angry tone that's not even threatening (just coming from a place of frustration) - sorry but what else are we supposed to do? It's not my fault she's been coddled her entire life and is surrounded by "Yes" men.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
That is a very standard amount to pay for nursery in the south, they are hugely expensive so I wouldn’t really stay on that, all of her private schools after that though and holidays and where she grew up is more relevant
I think it was also a bilingual nursery wasn’t it, where they were “immersed” in English and French. Which is definitely not the usual experience for 3 year olds.

Although you’re right, it’s more the boarding schools, familial wealth, chance to reapply to Oxford and finance internship she magicked out of nowhere you’d focus on if you’re looking at privilege.

Reactions: 16
Sorry but the only time she’s actively acknowledged how lucky she is is when she shows her ‘self made’ house and she’s like ‘I’m so so lucky’, but heavily implying I worked from nothing to get this and look where I am now, rather than directly acknowledging the privilege she grew up with

Reactions: 22
I feel so poor lol I had no idea this was normal, it seems so much to me. Tbf we grew up more broke than the average family so I probably have a quite a skewed perspective on it haha

I get what you’re saying but trust, if you genuinely try to open dialogue with grace she just dismisses it as hate, or deletes / ignores it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I feel so poor lol I had no idea this was normal, it seems so much to me. Tbf we grew up more broke than the average family so I probably have a quite a skewed perspective on it haha
It's normal now - our nursery fees for one child are £20,000 a year. But to be fair when Grace was pre-school age, daycare wasn't so much of a thing, and if it was a special bilingual one then even more so. It probably was more unusual for kids to be sent to private nurseries (as opposed to pre-school) back then.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
It's normal now - our nursery fees for one child are £20,000 a year. But to be fair when Grace was pre-school age, daycare wasn't so much of a thing, and if it was a special bilingual one then even more so. It probably was more unusual for kids to be sent to private nurseries (as opposed to pre-school) back then.
That is day light robbery!! The worst thing is I know quite a few nurses and older school teachers and they are not the brightest so god help the future generation 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 5
You lot are scaring me now, this is actually outrageous 20k on one kid? How are people supposed to survive with that omfg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.