Grace Beverley #7 Grace Bentley; committed to misunderstanding covid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who has the receipts for her saying she 'spent some of her childhood in Salisbury' when in reality she was actually there for boarding school???? Can't believe she's making it out that she always brings up her privilege.
and whenever she does (vaguely) bring it up she always qualifies it with soemthing like "but I worked so hard".
OT but has anyone ever heard her speak French? I would assume if she spoke well she would be showing off about it, totally irrelevant but just curious!

Reactions: 5
This is such a sympathy grab lol, she wants people to beg her to stay on social media (as if she would ever leave)

Reactions: 20
That is a very standard amount to pay for nursery in the south, they are hugely expensive so I wouldn’t really stay on that, all of her private schools after that though and holidays and where she grew up is more relevant
I agree. It's pointless banging on about the same thing when it was something around 20 years ago. Far more recent are the internships she scored at places way out of normal reach, for example

Reactions: 7
I think I just forgot how to read - so confused at what this means

• Haha
Reactions: 5
That rant was so hard to follow but it would actually be great if she cleared off of instagram. I love that she says that she doesn't make money from instagram and therefore it's a CHOICE for her to use it. In reality her brands would choke if she deleted her instagram and tried to promote her products through the TALA and shreddy accounts alone. Those accounts have awful engagement numbers, I think most of the hype comes from grace's announcements to her 1M followers. She will always be the face of those brands

Reactions: 34
Grace's rant is making me really question whether or not I actually am fluent in English like. I've never read so many sentences and not know what is being said.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Lol shes so triggered, I responded to the bit where she was going on about how shes not a bad person and told her she was a bad person for what she did to the content creators, ripping off her customers with the poor quality clothes and for lying about having factories in china and she blocked me
Honestly its the most unhinged and delusional rant I’ve seen from her so far

Reactions: 31
That rant was so hard to follow but it would actually be great if she cleared off of instagram. I love that she says that she doesn't make money from instagram and therefore it's a CHOICE for her to use it. In reality her brands would choke if she deleted her instagram and tried to promote her products through the TALA and shreddy accounts alone. Those accounts have awful engagement numbers, I think most of the hype comes from grace's announcements to her 1M followers. She will always be the face of those brands
Seems to me like her main error is thinking her brands are like, legit stand alone brands when really they’re an extension of ‘Grace the influencer’. Not sure why she can’t see that herself when she even said she marketed them without a budget using her following. They’re never going to be disassociated from Grace, they are all about Grace, people buy from them because they are made by Grace.

Reactions: 25
I really wanted to reply and ask if she was going to apologize for the insensitive and downright wrong display on tala’s instagram last week, or the continuous crappy quality of her products, or the absolute exploitative green washing practices, but i know i’d just get blocked.

she has created this image of herself in her head that is unbreakable. she believes ANY critique or criticism is unjust, she is doing her very greatest, she always acknowledges her privilege, etc etc and it’s just so wild to me. she’s become so strangely defensive and full of herself since she started tala. it’s really weird the shift she has had because shes gotten more money and attention. i really really dislike it.

Reactions: 13
There are plenty of influencers / famous people with privileged backgrounds who don’t get dragged like her. Of course she doesn’t need to preface everything with details of her background, but it’s the self made from £0 and working harder than anyone else narrative that pisses people off.

Reactions: 20
Hi Grace, thanks for reading here and taking on board what we said about captioning your stories that's a win for us disabled people :)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Seems to me like her main error is thinking her brands are like, legit stand alone brands when really they’re an extension of ‘Grace the influencer’. Not sure why she can’t see that herself when she even said she marketed them without a budget using her following. They’re never going to be disassociated from Grace, they are all about Grace, people buy from them because they are made by Grace.
Exactly, I think she's bordering on delusion at this point in thinking that her brands would survive if they weren't associated with her.. I remember when she first announced she would be moving away from "GraceFitUK" branding to launch actual brands that could stand on their own, I thought she was SO smart to do that so she could eventually move away from social media/could survive if influencers stopped being a "thing". But the thing that Grace doesnt seem to get is that having a separate brand and separate social media pages aren't the only things needed to make it an actual business. Like yes, it's true that random people don't want merch with your name written on it, but they ALSO don't want low quality products that don't last and terrible customer service/deceitful tactics, and they won't tolerate it from a random business they dont have any personal investment in. Only Grace's minions will. I'd absolutely looove to see the percentage of *repeat* customers that DON'T follow Grace's IG.

Reactions: 11
Is it normal to not get government help though?
Sorry I didn't mean to scare anyone :oops: the government does provide help: https://www.gov.uk/help-with-childcare-costs
I was only talking about the subsidised 15/30 hours you can get really, but with the tax free childcare scheme you can also get £2000 off your bill a year if you pay £8000 into an account with HMRC to spend on childcare.
I realise the thread has moved on, but I wanted to clarify as I do realise we are an extreme situation and hope it doesn't put anyone off!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Oof anyone got any good names for the new thread? I feel like we’re actually so spoilt for choice this time lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 4
So is she saying that making China/Shanghai = Hong Kong in Tala's post is just a case of "context collapse" also??? get real. It just sounds like she's trying to find any old excuse for why people shouldn't hold her to account for what she's saying - because "I can't possibly cater for all of you!!!!".

• Angry
Reactions: 15
Y’all I’m sorry but she’s off the rails. I’ve never seen her this unhinged. Apologies in advance for the long one. GRACE is so profoundly out of touch thinking by just saying the words ‘i have privilege’ properly captures how deep this runs. There are countless ways you can benefit from privilege other than the cut and dry being handed 10k monthly family allowance.

Financial Stability. Being in a position where you can make risky decisions or putting a lot at stake for professional endeavours, without having to consider that one bad move could result in you losing your home, car, or ability to feed yourself or your family.

Her family name alone or the networking connections she’s built with are likely from the places or social events she’s been able to attend based off her family. Places that the majority of middle/lower class just wouldn’t have the same opportunities to. Example: private school, family functions or galas, country clubs.

Considering when she originally got started on social media her visual brand was really what people were drawn to. You’re telling me that constantly having the newest and latest gym gear (she has at least 10 align pants), Sennheiser over headphones (2 pairs of $500 headphones) and ability to film in the background of multiple gyms as to not bore her audience with a repetitive background doesn’t take money!! And what, at the age of 19. I literally had to ask for align pants consecutive Christmases because my single parent household had to save up the money to make this rare purchase.

Also love how she only recently started including captioning, I think the main reason she held off so long was because she knew she would have to put her incoherent blabber in writing. Rant over - thanks for listening tattle fam + grace.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
So her new thing is to simply block anyone that gives her anything but praise? Haven’t people said over and over and over again that her problem is that she can’t take criticism.

new thread suggestion: Grace responds to her supposed trolls but not about her products’ holes.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
Grace Beverley: Leggings getting #Shreddy, haters will be blocked, Talas made in China, let's pretend we're shocked

• Haha
Reactions: 61
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.