Grace Beverley #7 Grace Bentley; committed to misunderstanding covid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You lot are scaring me now, this is actually outrageous 20k on one kid? How are people supposed to survive with that omfg
bit random / off topic but i used to work as a researcher in the changes that have impacted the charity sector over the past 20 years, and they've taken a huge hit because whereas people used to retire and use their time volunteering/ helping causes, they're now taking on almost full time care for grandkids because the average family simply cannot even begin to cover the costs of childcare!

Reactions: 16
It's normal now - our nursery fees for one child are £20,000 a year. But to be fair when Grace was pre-school age, daycare wasn't so much of a thing, and if it was a special bilingual one then even more so. It probably was more unusual for kids to be sent to private nurseries (as opposed to pre-school) back then.
it’s absolutely not normal and is not a reflection of what everyone pays at all.
maybe in the south/london, but london isn’t the whole of the uk 🙃 we pay £6 per week wrap around care which is ffaaaaaAaR from £20k a year when u add it up.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
it’s absolutely not normal and is not a reflection of what everyone pays at all.
maybe in the south/london, but london isn’t the whole of the uk 🙃 we pay £6 per week wrap around care which is ffaaaaaAaR from £20k a year when u add it up.
Yeah I'm pretty sure my friends with kids haven't paid anywhere near that for nursery/childcare costs. But that doesn't negate the fact that Grace then went to a private school which you do pay a ton for.

Reactions: 8
£6 a week for wrap around care? Where on Earth are you? That isn’t even 1 hour minimum wage

Reactions: 6
Why the hell is she just re posting this same video clip from other people who have posted it?! Who wants to listen to the same 10 seconds of her talk over and over?!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Yes we're in the south. Not normal in the sense that everyone pays that - more that it's not uncommon. And Grace did grow up in London so it's relevant. Full time nursery anywhere in the country in 2020 will likely be more than £9,000 (assuming no government help - it sounds like you get some free hours to only pay £6 a week).

(And not sure why you'd compare wrap around care to full time nursery for an under-3 anyway)

Reactions: 6
Yes we're in the south. Not normal in the sense that everyone pays that - more that it's not uncommon. And Grace did grow up in London so it's relevant. Full time nursery anywhere in the country in 2020 will likely be more than £9,000 (assuming no government help - it sounds like you get some free hours to only pay £6 a week).

(And not sure why you'd compare wrap around care to full time nursery for an under-3 anyway)
just making sure people who don’t have kids aren’t misguided into thinking there is no other option than to pay £20000 a year for childcare it’s important in my view to share all perspectives 😁 most people don’t even spend £20000 a year on housing costs, a lot of people don’t even earn £20000 a year and if i had no kids and heard this i’d tit my pants to be honest.
but yes the issue here is the cost of post pre-school education which has afforded her many many opportunities that go unacknowledged by grace

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Ngl I don’t have kids and don’t really get what’s going on here but I live in the north and have several friends whose childcare costs for them to actually be able to work full time are equal or nearly equal to their income each month. I thought it was common knowledge that this is why lots of Mums are kinda forced to stay at home because why would you go back to work to barely break even when you can look after your child at home (assuming here most people want to do that anyway).

Not only would Grace’s parents not struggle to pay that, but it sounds like she went to a top end childcare that cost a fortune if it was bilingual and stuff so there is a point to be made there surely, that even her childcare was probably way more involved and educational than the norm?

Grace posted a few long and rambling stories about how social media isn’t ‘viable’ unless you have thick skin. She was clearly alluding to the recent ‘hate’ (more like genuine criticism) but let’s see if i get blocked for my reply. Shouldn’t a ‘Boss Babe #girlboss QUEEN’ like Grace use her social media like other CEO’s in her industry (much like other have suggested on this thread) and not pick fights with people in her comments passive aggressively?? View attachment 291181
Grace can’t separate her sense of self from her businesses. She needs a personal account and a social media manager to manage the business accounts for her brands. It’s as simple as that. A social media manager wouldn’t take it as personally because it’s not their business or their brand.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Because I think this rant is so impressively incoherent and non-directional (very Trump-esque?) that it needs to be preserved...

Screenshot_20201028-152113.png

Screenshot_20201028-152129.png

Screenshot_20201028-152158.png

Screenshot_20201028-152228.png

Screenshot_20201028-152244.png

Screenshot_20201028-152311.png

Screenshot_20201028-152341.png

Screenshot_20201028-152409.png

Screenshot_20201028-152441.png

Screenshot_20201028-152511.png

Screenshot_20201028-152541.png

Screenshot_20201028-152610.png

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She's grown thick skin over the last 5 years? Could've fooled me. She seems to be more defensive and rude now than she was when I followed her in 2016.

Reactions: 37
Ngl I don’t have kids and don’t really get what’s going on here but I live in the north and have several friends whose childcare costs for them to actually be able to work full time are equal or nearly equal to their income each month. I thought it was common knowledge that this is why lots of Mums are kinda forced to stay at home because why would you go back to work to barely break even when you can look after your child at home (assuming here most people want to do that anyway).

Not only would Grace’s parents not struggle to pay that, but it sounds like she went to a top end childcare that cost a fortune if it was bilingual and stuff so there is a point to be made there surely, that even her childcare was probably way more involved and educational than the norm?

Grace can’t separate her sense of self from her businesses. She needs a personal account and a social media manager to manage the business accounts for her brands. It’s as simple as that. A social media manager wouldn’t take it as personally because it’s not their business or their brand.
Yeh when I was a child (a looong time ago) both my parents always worked and my mum's whole salary basically went on childcare.

She is so clueless if she thinks her role as "CeO BoSs BaBe" would work without social media. She would also never survive without the fawning and attention

Reactions: 9
If there’s one thing I struggle to stomach it’s people who deliberately set out to get big followings then moaning about what comes with the big followings 🙄 if you hate it leave and get a normal job like the rest of us Grace, zero sympathy from me

Reactions: 36
I agree with a lot of the things she’s saying as a whole. However, in her circumstance she’s completely missing the point. She’s actively tried to discount her privilege and upbringing throughout her success, and only mentions it when she’s being called out for it and says ‘I always mention my privilege’. If she acknowledged her privilege and got on with her business people wouldn’t constantly bring it up - but of course people feel the need to bring her privilege up when she’s going around acting like she grew up on the streets with no money on the bbc, or saying she almost got kicked out of uni for not being able to pay etc

Reactions: 30
Also she might *say* she knows she’s privileged - but then she does things that indicate she hasn’t even scraped past the surface of that. Like, she says I’m privileged then goes on BBC giving tips about setting up a brand without any money. She has no bloody clue, clearly.

Reactions: 17
Lol whats she on about saying shes scared of doing bad things? Shes done so many bad exploitative things idek where to start

Reactions: 19
I do agree with Grace, some comments are a bit too far and can be mean. I am not innocent in this though with comments I made and subsequently deleted. I may not have called her something horrible but the tone of my comment was not one open to discussion but more to tell someone information and demand answers rather than kindly pointing an error out and starting up dialogue in a way that includes all voices. These comments are done in such a way it completely takes away from the critical discussion.

I just think maybe the way that majority of us are going about sharing this information as something to be exposed is not actually getting people to have that very much needed critical conversation. It is creating a divide and people are choosing sides.

Remember some people want Grace to succeed and some people are understandbly upset that seeing her succeed frustrates them (which is not healthy). I won't lie I was definitely on the upset side but that didn't bring me any closer to making a positive impact. I want Grace to succeed so that more young women and men can be inspired to follow in her footsteps and run their own companies in sustainable and ethical way.
I get where you are coming from but I don't think it's that clear cut. I agree that there are numerous comments that are mean but a lot are really real criticism and people getting angry that their previously kind, polite messages and responses were either met with negligence or immature defensive tactics. On the other hand, where people have been kind in criticizing her, her very immature mindless followers blatantly ignore facts presented to them by literally saying they don't care what the facts are or by saying hateful things to those who were kindly criticizing to begin with, with Grace supporting both kinds of responses by her followers many times (which is why we refer to them as minions). These kinds of responses are what have pushed people into anonymity (all of us here) are onto "exposure" pages because they aren't respected or listened to otherwise. Grace has surrounded herself with people who only support her and agree with her so in fact opening up a dialogue that includes all voices is her problem, not ours. I will gladly speak face to face with her if she wanted to.

About Grace succeeding and running ethical and sustainable companies as an inspiration to other young people - the thing with this is that she is not doing this in reality and that has been evidenced by a lot of factors that multiple threads on this site, videos on youtube, and comments throughout her companies social media have addressed. Fine, maybe her message is inspiring and maybe that's all that matters. If her message can inspire others to be sustainable, and they are actually doing it the right way unlike her, that's great! But don't you think that's ingenuous on her part and she deserves criticism for that when she is greenwashing and taking advantage of an important crisis that our world is in risk of?

A lot of people who criticize her, including me, do not have a problem with her success. In fact, many people here are successful in their own ways. We have a problem with how she has become successful by exploiting people, especially young people who initially followed her as a great role model and who only supported her with their hard earned money because they loved everything she's done only to be burned and insulted by her, her companies, and her minions. If she wasn't this person and was more humble, apologetic, kind, and most importantly, HONEST, we would not be having this conversation.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Who has the receipts for her saying she 'spent some of her childhood in Salisbury' when in reality she was actually there for boarding school???? Can't believe she's making it out that she always brings up her privilege.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.