Grace Beverley #7 Grace Bentley; committed to misunderstanding covid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah I found it strange because I already didn’t like Grace by the time Shreddy came around, I’ve never wanted to buy her bands or any other products so I am really unsure how they got my email address. That being said, surely we must’ve given it to them at some point because how else could they get them? It is really weird?
Actually I think the only time I might’ve possibly given it was when grace was doing a London meet-up thing about a year ago? Maybe a pop up shop but it wasn’t for Shreddy

“me? filming? it must be something special”

can they focus on fixing their crap product and stop doing launches of new stuff.

Reactions: 14
It would be like sharing every single birthday card you got on Instagram, you wouldn't do it because no one wants to see it???? So why would it be any different with a congrats on your driving test card🥴
Omg you've just reminded me of a fb friend of mine who used to post the insides of her birthday cards in a big photo album each year. The one from her boyfriend was the worst, a full two pages of writing that included phrases such as "I love it when we have naughty times together" :sick:

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Actually I think the only time I might’ve possibly given it was when grace was doing a London meet-up thing about a year ago? Maybe a pop up shop but it wasn’t for Shreddy
I ordered a band from b_nd like 2ish years ago, I think anyway, and from what I can gather they've merged the databases of Shreddy and b_nd.

Im not entirely sure if it's allowed/legal etc I'm trying to find out currently.

However, I emailed to ask why my data had been transferred over without my consent and they just gave me the "we will remove you email address please allow 24-48 hours for it to take effect" this was 2 days ago, I've had another email today, so it definitely hasn't happened!

I've commented on a post saying it as well so we will see how long before its removed or I'm blocked lmao

• Wow
Reactions: 19
So that’s 3 of us at least. Definitely warrants a complaint to the ICO, I don’t care what she thinks, Grace is not above the law.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I ordered a band from b_nd like 2ish years ago, I think anyway, and from what I can gather they've merged the databases of Shreddy and b_nd.

Im not entirely sure if it's allowed/legal etc I'm trying to find out currently.

However, I emailed to ask why my data had been transferred over without my consent and they just gave me the "we will remove you email address please allow 24-48 hours for it to take effect" this was 2 days ago, I've had another email today, so it definitely hasn't happened!

I've commented on a post saying it as well so we will see how long before its removed or I'm blocked lmao
I'm not entirely sure but I think it might be, as I don't think bnd was ever an actual company? So it might be that when we ordered, we agreed to giving the data to genflow or something like that

Reactions: 2
Sorry this is disgusting for a company who is supposed to be transparent. If people hadn’t bought it up, theres no way they’d have admitted they had factories in shanghai.
B43C1B78-69EC-4747-858F-B8810C6586B8.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
I'm not entirely sure but I think it might be, as I don't think bnd was ever an actual company? So it might be that when we ordered, we agreed to giving the data to genflow or something like that
Either way if you’ve unsubscribed or asked to be removed and they don’t remove your details you can contact the ICO and file a legal complaint

Reactions: 11
Sorry this is disgusting for a company who is supposed to be transparent. If people hadn’t bought it up, theres no way they’d have admitted they had factories in shanghai. View attachment 285856
Wooooow

I agree with you, they never wanted to admit the factories in Shanghai. NOT a good look. Hope fans start to realise that Grace is not their friend and is literally earning from the hard work of others (well it’s hardly from her half ass work days is it!).

Who was it that said...

You don’t make a million dollars, you TAKE a million dollars

Seems appropriate.

Edit:

All that spiel about working conditions btw is likely misleading too. As I said, I lived in China for many years. Labour laws are not the same as in the UK and tala as a foreign company would not have the right to dictate working conditions or pay. It may be one of the factories that don’t make them work 6 days a week, 12 hour days and give them a small room with five others (how do you think your iPhone is assembled...) but have no doubts, if you’re manufacturing in China, you’re doing it to cut costs.

If it wasn’t clear they are using sustainability as a marketing ploy before then I hope it is now. I wouldn’t be so annoyed if it weren’t for her constant showing off her wealth but exploitation and crap salaries endured by some of the poorest people in the world so you can flex your arse cheeks pees me offff

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Also ‘far east’???? For such a ‘woke’ company thats a pretty outdated and weird term to use
D4B76767-F71F-4014-A998-97715D120A39.jpeg

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
All of this BS and shadiness about the factories. One of the biggest ever lies in regards to this was her saying "our profit margins are so small, we literally can't offer any discounts"... (Possibly someone has a screenshot for the exact quote) I mean... this just goes to show who her target market is and who she aims her influence at. If anybody possibly thinks that there margins are so small they can't do discounts was born yesterday. They sell for £35-40, who in their right mind would think a pair of leggings that rips after a few weeks would cost £30+ to produce. No fashion company would operate on a margin like that.

Reactions: 25
And if they're claiming they've "rebranded" instead of merging companies then they haven't really passed the data over to anyone.

It's a bit of a gray area from what I can tell but if I get another email I'll definitely be reporting them because there is a clear evidence trail of me asking to be removed from the list

Reactions: 3
I feel like the fact they haven’t replied to any of these comments with “hey babe, this factory is based in HK! 💓” makes me think the commenters calling them out could be right. They’re usually quite on it with responses to their insta posts but they’re nowhere to be found with these criticisms.

I’m also sure the factory shown in the clip is another one of their sites where products are “hand finished” - what about where the materials are actually manufactured? Where the products are recycled in the first place?

I think it’s curious how when they first said they were using factories in HK they claimed it was only for a small number of products like their bamboo cutlery and face cloths - but they’re clearly manufacturing leggings in the clip.
When they finally admitted using a non European factory a few weeks ago I’m pretty sure they said it was only for their bamboo cutlery n they got called out on here & probs insta too because all of the leaf cloths say ‘made in China’ on the tag, but they were adamant that it was Hong Kong where everything was produced🙄
disgusting how they can still call themselves a ‘world changing industry disrupting sustainable company’ and blatantly lie about where their products are manufactured and the true environmental cost of them all whilst producing them at an extremely cheap price & shipping them halfway across the world but marketing them as being so sustainable/ethical that its impossible to sell them any cheaper as then the multi multi million pound business they have just wouldn’t be able to make a profit

Reactions: 12
What's with the caginess here regarding the wages of the workers in their (seemingly numerous) factories? Notice how they say workers across their factories are paid a "fair wage" - a term easily open to interpretation. Every fast fashion brand out there will claim their workers are paid a "fair wage", so why aren't they going above industry standard and being completely transparent with these wages?

Also note how the only concrete statistic they can provide is regarding this nebulous Hong Kong factory, which a) we now know isn't even the factory depicted in the video, and b) it seems unlikely a significant chunk of their production occurs at this factory since they can't explain what actually happens there beyond "it's closer to where bamboo is grown". Nothing is really adding up here - from their video, it's clear their staple products like leggings are being made in China, and most of their leggings don't contain bamboo. They can't keep bleating on about bamboo when most of their products don't even use bamboo. Just admit it's a cost-cutting strategy.

Basically, it's a really bad look for them to be suddenly drip-feeding new information regarding their company in the instagram comments. First it was factories just in Portugal, Turkey, and Hong Kong, but now in the name of "transparency" this suddenly includes China and Morocco? I don't believe these are new additions, I think they've been manufacturing there for a while, but knew it was bad sustainability optics to be outsourcing to so many factories. Guaranteed their core staff have never visited these factories other than the Portugal one which was the initial glamorous face of the brand - but it's not enough to rely on external accreditations if you want to take sustainability and ethics seriously.

edit: the #itscooltobekind page on their site is now updated with this Brand New Information (i.e. production in Morocco and Shanghai). Also seems they've removed the obnoxious list of ecolabels w/ no context they used to have there. Think we need to log how much they change that page - notice how they never seem to update it organically as their production methods change, but only change it in response to criticism on their socials.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
What's with the caginess here regarding the wages of the workers in their (seemingly numerous) factories? Notice how they say workers across their factories are paid a "fair wage" - a term easily open to interpretation. Every fast fashion brand out there will claim their workers are paid a "fair wage", so why aren't they going above industry standard and being completely transparent with these wages?

Also note how the only concrete statistic they can provide is regarding this nebulous Hong Kong factory, which a) we now know isn't even the factory depicted in the video, and b) it seems unlikely a significant chunk of their production occurs at this factory since they can't explain what actually happens there beyond "it's closer to where bamboo is grown". Nothing is really adding up here - from their video, it's clear their staple products like leggings are being made in China, and most of their leggings don't contain bamboo. They can't keep bleating on about bamboo when most of their products don't even use bamboo. Just admit it's a cost-cutting strategy.

Basically, it's a really bad look for them to be suddenly drip-feeding new information regarding their company in the instagram comments. First it was factories just in Portugal, Turkey, and Hong Kong, but now in the name of "transparency" this suddenly includes China and Morocco? I don't believe these are new additions, I think they've been manufacturing there for a while, but knew it was bad sustainability optics to be outsourcing to so many factories. Guaranteed their core staff have never visited these factories other than the Portugal one which was the initial glamorous face of the brand - but it's not enough to rely on external accreditations if you want to take sustainability and ethics seriously.
I also LOVE how they've avoided answering the question someone has left about paying the living wage here in the UK too. It's actually wild how they think using the word "fair" will get them off the hook for being a flat out disgrace of a brand, not only exploiting their customers but staff too

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 9

edit: the #itscooltobekind page on their site is now updated with this Brand New Information (i.e. production in Morocco and Shanghai). Also seems they've removed the obnoxious list of ecolabels w/ no context they used to have there. Think we need to log how much they change that page - notice how they never seem to update it organically as their production methods change, but only change it in response to criticism on their socials.
Just seen that update on their website, how bleeping disgusting. They’ve been caught right out, Im fully embarrassed at this point for them

Reactions: 16
When they finally admitted using a non European factory a few weeks ago I’m pretty sure they said it was only for their bamboo cutlery n they got called out on here & probs insta too because all of the leaf cloths say ‘made in China’ on the tag, but they were adamant that it was Hong Kong where everything was produced🙄
disgusting how they can still call themselves a ‘world changing industry disrupting sustainable company’ and blatantly lie about where their products are manufactured and the true environmental cost of them all whilst producing them at an extremely cheap price & shipping them halfway across the world but marketing them as being so sustainable/ethical that its impossible to sell them any cheaper as then the multi multi million pound business they have just wouldn’t be able to make a profit
Yes, you're exactly right - they really drove it home back then that those products were made in HK, and now suddenly as of today this actually means Shanghai? Like you said, seems like they lied, idk what the other explanation for that would be.

Just mentioned this in my previous post but their justifications for manufacturing in Hong Kong (and now mainland China, oopsie they forgot to mention that one!) seem to focus heavily on this bloody bamboo. But the only products they sell which contain bamboo are their cutlery and the Sade crop top and Nava leggings (and the top & leggings have been out of stock for months, and don't seem to be in production anymore). I may have missed the odd product but basically bamboo products are a teeny tiny % of what they sell, so not sure how that could be significant a factor in shifting production to Shanghai and Hong Kong like they're saying. It's obviously a decision made for cost reasons but they're trying to repackage it as a ~sustainable~ decision, i.e. greenwashing. They sell ~3 products that contain bamboo, and expect us to believe they needed to outsource to a whole new factory just for those products?

Reactions: 15
Yes, you're exactly right - they really drove it home back then that those products were made in HK, and now suddenly as of today this actually means Shanghai? Like you said, seems like they lied, idk what the other explanation for that would be.

Just mentioned this in my previous post but their justifications for manufacturing in Hong Kong (and now mainland China, oopsie they forgot to mention that one!) seem to focus heavily on this bloody bamboo. But the only products they sell which contain bamboo are their cutlery and the Sade crop top and Nava leggings (and the top & leggings have been out of stock for months, and don't seem to be in production anymore). I may have missed the odd product but basically bamboo products are a teeny tiny % of what they sell, so not sure how that could be significant a factor in shifting production to Shanghai and Hong Kong like they're saying. It's obviously a decision made for cost reasons but they're trying to repackage it as a ~sustainable~ decision, i.e. greenwashing. They sell ~3 products that contain bamboo, and expect us to believe they needed to outsource to a whole new factory just for those products?
Also i swear that bamboo cutlery never sold out because it was extortionate and ridiculously marketed. So surely they did one production, what are they still doing?

Also trey try and justify this mistake as being “so eager to tell everyone about their new supplier”. They have been producing made in china items for mooooonths. This isn’t new information. You’ve had plenty of time to proof check your language. This was deliberate

Attachments

Reactions: 23
I really don't understand why it's more eco friendly to make the products where the raw material is sourced.

If their fulfilment center is there, I completely understand, as it saves sending products over to the UK full stop. But if the fulfilment centre is in the UK, what difference does it make whether it's the final product or the raw material that is sent over?

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.