Grace Beverley #7 Grace Bentley; committed to misunderstanding covid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And I STILL can't believe Grace bought this 'designer dog' which fuels further demand, when so many dogs suffer worldwide. Our dog has issues but grace can afford professional help!
think before grace gets professional help for her hound she needs it for her narcissistic, manipulative, constantly deceptive self
tbh x

Reactions: 14
I'm glad ppl are calling out Tala for that "Far East" comment....that was so psycho. I was worried that if I did it her equally psycho stans would call me out for reaching and finding reasons to "hate" on their "queen" and that I should "be kind". If any of you did that, I just wanted to say thank you. I'm actually so triggered. This is the exact kind of neoliberal wokeness people like Grace exhibit. They think they're so amazing and they think they're doing the most because they've posted this and that about several issues and will turn around and do the most racist, colonial tit because they're actually uneducated on things like this that don't affect them.

Hilarious thing about "Far East" is that New Zealand and Australia are way further East than us but clearly no one thinks about them when they're being racist and exoticising / orientalising.

Reactions: 35
I love that the comment calling them out about lying about the factory being in Hong Kong has almost 100 likes and tala’s reply has 1. I hope this is a turning point for a lot of people!!!

Reactions: 21
Just to emphasise the fact they lied, you can compare Tala's sustainability page from 2 months ago to now. Their page from August:

No mention of Shanghai or Morocco, and it’s hardly going to be the case that they suddenly started manufacturing there a few weeks ago. Why should anyone trust that there aren’t other factories in other countries which they aren’t declaring? This isn’t about “clarity”, it’s about outright lying on your website that your products are manufactured in HK only to backtrack a few months later.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I'm glad ppl are calling out Tala for that "Far East" comment....that was so psycho. I was worried that if I did it her equally psycho stans would call me out for reaching and finding reasons to "hate" on their "queen" and that I should "be kind". If any of you did that, I just wanted to say thank you. I'm actually so triggered. This is the exact kind of neoliberal wokeness people like Grace exhibit. They think they're so amazing and they think they're doing the most because they've posted this and that about several issues and will turn around and do the most racist, colonial tit because they're actually uneducated on things like this that don't affect them.

Hilarious thing about "Far East" is that New Zealand and Australia are way further East than us but clearly no one thinks about them when they're being racist and exoticising / orientalising.
I’ve bleeping had it with these people. How can they write that, and when they get called out multiple times and by multiple different people, they just ignore it and continue posting as normal?
Its so rude and out of order, and its obvious their whole team is just ignorant rich white girls.

I wish grace was still on twitter lol coz I feel like people would’ve roasted her for this

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I’ve bleeping had it with these people. How can they write that, and when they get called out multiple times and by multiple different people, they just ignore it and continue posting as normal?
Its so rude and out of order, and its obvious their whole team is just ignorant rich white girls.

I wish grace was still on twitter lol coz I feel like people would’ve roasted her for this
They're also literally being called out by HKers about the conflating with mainland China / Shanghai so we were def not reaching / overreacting on that part either.

Reactions: 19
They're also literally being called out by HKers about the conflating with mainland China / Shanghai so we were def not reaching / overreacting on that part either.
I really want to see how she tries to get out of this, I think this will be the tipping point that sees her losing more and more followers and unable to get them back

Reactions: 4
I really want to see how she tries to get out of this, I think this will be the tipping point that sees her losing more and more followers and unable to get them back
Can’t wait for her next passive aggressive insta stories complete with fendi ring and hooped earrings 🙄

Reactions: 13
Its so bad especially considering the political situation in hong kong at the moment.
Honestly I doubt she’ll bother, her new tactic seems to be to literally just ignore people until the situation calms down instead of bothering to address it. Tbh though I think its a far worse way of dealing with it

Reactions: 11
I dont even know why it would occur to her to usethat expression I am older than herbu about a decade and have never heard it used in real life
You've never heard it called the far East irl?

Reactions: 2
You've never heard it called the far East irl?
no i have genuinley only heard it in documentaries from the past IIRC?
Yeah I don't know, I've heard it used plenty times, including at work. Never realised it's offensive
I've just google it now and apparently its not... I was always under the impression that it is, for me it sounds vry old fashioned anyway

Reactions: 3
Yeah I don't know, I've heard it used plenty times, including at work. Never realised it's offensive
I didn’t realise it was offensive tbf but I knew it was odd to say and I’d never say it but I saw there was a lot of asians in the comments roasting them for using it. I think its just weird language for a company thats supposedly woke af, coz its a really eurocentric way of referring to the continent of asia. Its like far east of where? Just call it asia, or even better say exactly which country you’re getting the materials from, because it is actually an entire continent

• Heart
Reactions: 18
no i have genuinley only heard it in documentaries from the past IIRC?

I've just google it now and apparently its not... I was always under the impression that it is, for me it sounds vry old fashioned anyway
Um I feel like if people tell you here it’s offensive why does it matter that google says it’s not? It’s really “old fashioned“ bc it’s a really exoticizing term of Asia...which is offensive.

Reactions: 11
Um I feel like if people tell you here it’s offensive why does it matter that google says it’s not? It’s really “old fashioned“ bc it’s a really exoticizing term of Asia...which is offensive.
That is what I thought, but with so manay people here disagreeing I wanted to see what other people thought too. This is what I found:

The politically incorrect term that you may be thinking of is "oriental" or "the orient", which comes from oriens, the Latin word for "East". This term is sensitive at best and has been phased out of modern English usage. Best not to use it. But "Far East" is fine, as is "the West" to describe the Americas.

Reactions: 4
Can’t wait for her next passive aggressive insta stories complete with fendi ring and hooped earrings 🙄
55 short videos long incoming with her saying I had to come on here and say this just to clear some things up and start using a bunch of words that she thinks make her look clever/sustainability jargon that makes no sense and how it's somehow all of the customer's fault and that her team are crying from being bullied by people pointing out valid criticism and disappointment with the brand

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.