Grace Beverley #7 Grace Bentley; committed to misunderstanding covid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sounds like small business shreddy didn’t make 6million this year after all
I just went to check if she’s actually acknowledged anything about the government vote to not feed poor kids last night - nope, nothing, just the story about choosing a Tesla over a Bentley. So left wing, a true working class hero.

Reactions: 48
I just went to check if she’s actually acknowledged anything about the government vote to not feed poor kids last night - nope, nothing, just the story about choosing a Tesla over a Bentley. So left wing, a true working class hero.
She’s one of the worst people I’ve ever come across tbh

Reactions: 19
In all seriousness, anyone who thinks shes left wing at this point is just tapped. Shes so fake, she slings a few blm posts up here and there and types out the words ‘vote labour’ during election time, just to keep the fanbase happy, but literally every single one of her actions are those of a cold hard tory.
Like shes just one of these super privileged ppl who just thinks the only criteria for being left wing is to care about the environment and not be racist. But in reality she HATES the working class and doesn’t give a tit about them because they’re not her fan base and she can’t make money off them

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
I've been watching Grace's old youtube day in the life videos from before the launch of Tala lately and I honestly can't believe what she's become? I used to love her, she was honest, relatable, fun, a good student, inspired me to work out....Now basically everything she posts just makes me sick, she completely lost herself along the way from the launch of Tala and onwards imo

Reactions: 20
Also guys the tala factory post is literally full of people in the comments saying that the factory is in shanghai, as in it literally says it in the video

So the latest insta story post about her skin has forced me to write something on here, even though I've tried to stay out of it.

The skin hurrahs are the fakest thing I've ever read. I have the same issue as Grace. I have acne scars on one side of my face and they won't go away. Look at all of her stories of recent - she puts her hand or phone over one side of her face because she's not happy with it. Now Grace's skin to me looks genuinely okay but that is because she isn't selling the whole truth about it, is she?

1) photos are strategically angled
2) filters all the time which I personally hate because of her young fandom - whatever body positivity tala and shreddy endorse, she destroys through falseness
3) so in july or june, not sure if anyone recalls, grace did this whole skincare routine with ren products. I'd never seen tattle at that point, so I bought a tit load of ren. It did. Nothing. So it frustrates me so much that she was "totally happy" with her skin then and has since had dermapen and facials because she was obviously lying for the aff links or whatever.
4) I (not related to Grace's actions!) started having dermaroller about ten days ago. Now seeing her advertise dermapen as the way forward while not even discussing the COST (I don't live in London and all of the lockdown money I've saved up is going on this...) or the risks is a joke. Also, she's still hiding half of her face so I doubt she really is happy with it. I know that probably sounds really awful but I just think it's all about the gifted reviews and not about her actual thoughts. The whole stinks of lies and it really hurts me as someone going through something similar that I actually fell for them and spent lots of money on Ren. Ugh.

Attachments

Did she really not think people would notice? 👀
I literally don’t understand how a business with apparently so much cash pumped into for scaling can’t notice massive issues in their content like this. Spelling mistakes, awful customer service, stealing other people’s ideas - I work in content marketing and I’ve never had anyone on my team make such huge cock ups!

Reactions: 15
Also guys the tala factory post is literally full of people in the comments saying that the factory is in shanghai, as in it literally says it in the video
Not even going to go into the huge political problems and ignorance of conflating Shanghai with HK but woke intelligent Grez knows everything since she can answer all the questions on UC :)

Reactions: 15
Tbf it says Shanghai on the machine, not on the wall or anything. It’s possible that the machine was made in Shanghai or by a Shanghai company instead. I only say this because I lived in a city in China and you see Guangzhou/Beijing/Shanghai characters on elevators/trucks/buses because that’s where the machinery was made. Wouldn’t be surprised if this is the case 🤷🏻‍♀️

Edit:

That being said, the box they’re using has a sign and it is written in Mandarin not Cantonese which would suggest they are in mainland China, not Hong Kong.

Either way, aside from them potentially lying about it, the real issue is clothing manufacturing in general. The majority of clothes are made in factories and people are paid a disgustingly low wage. They can say all they want about fair pay but if it’s so fair, why not have it be UK made? Her fans are deluded if they think TALA can be truly 🥰sustainable🥰 while the CEO is buying teslas, a big house in London and going on holidays eight times a year. In a sustainable business, the majority of her salary should go to the garment workers.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Tbf it says Shanghai on the machine, not on the wall or anything. It’s possible that the machine was made in Shanghai or by a Shanghai company instead. I only say this because I lived in a city in China and you see Guangzhou/Beijing/Shanghai characters on elevators/trucks/buses because that’s where the machinery was made. Wouldn’t be surprised if this is the case 🤷🏻‍♀️
I would hope that's the case because I can't imagine how anyone could make such a mistake if it wasn't.

Reactions: 1
TALA posted a snippet of their “ethical” factory in Hong Kong and the comments are 😬😬😬
Time to deconstruct a quote from their caption...

"To truly turn the fast-fashion world on its head, we need to provide as many sustainable alternatives as we possibly can. "

This is a total contradiction.
  • They KNOW that their products are sub par quality, as they are getting constant feedback about the leggings ripping, thereby making them unusable & forcing people to buy replacements ≠ sustainable. This is the biggest point: products that do not sustain the expected life cycle of a piece of clothing (which can be almost indefinite with the highest quality products, being passed down/sold 2nd hand to multiple wearers) are literally not sustainable. It does not matter at all about how sustainable the production process of the product is if it becomes not fit for purpose & therefore thrown away after a few wears. A girl in the comments said she's bought three (!!) pairs of TALA leggings which have all ripped. That's 4 x the necessary consumption (from buying 3 pairs of leggings, and then a 4th pair from elsewhere to actually serve the purpose of leggings).
  • Fast fashion is a hugely established consumer pattern, ingrained into young girls specifically by influencers like Grace. Trying to "work with it" rather than against it is just a myth at this early stage in the fight to dismantle it: you can't turn something on its head that totally dominates the market without doing the groundwork first. The companies that try to emulate that volume of clothes will end up taking short cuts for profit (as Tala has) and just become fast fashion themselves ≠ sustainable. The goal should be educating consumers on their choices and better alternatives, not trying to be a wolf in sheep's clothing and fulfill the exact same purpose as fast fashion.
  • Creating constant new styles ≠ sustainable ! They are putting their resources into creating a higher volume of poor quality product, rather than a more modest volume of high quality (therefore ACTUALLY sustainable) products. Every time they create a new style, they are generating more waste (through the sampling process, trail and error of initial production, sourcing new materials). "Many" should mean the volume of product, not the amount of styles of product (there are currently FORTY ONE styles of tops on their website. Not including styles that are out of stock!)
"disruption" means absolutely nothing without results, and I think a couple more years will prove that for TALA

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Time to deconstruct a quote from their caption...

"To truly turn the fast-fashion world on its head, we need to provide as many sustainable alternatives as we possibly can. "

This is a total contradiction.
  • They KNOW that their products are sub par quality, as they are getting constant feedback about the leggings ripping, thereby making them unusable & forcing people to buy replacements ≠ sustainable. This is the biggest point: products that do not sustain the expected life cycle of a piece of clothing (which can be almost indefinite with the highest quality products, being passed down/sold 2nd hand to multiple wearers) are literally not sustainable. It does not matter at all about how sustainable the production process of the product is if it becomes not fit for purpose & therefore thrown away after a few wears. A girl in the comments said she's bought three (!!) pairs of TALA leggings which have all ripped. That's 4 x the necessary consumption (from buying 3 pairs of leggings, and then a 4th pair from elsewhere to actually serve the purpose of leggings).
  • Fast fashion is a hugely established consumer pattern, ingrained into young girls specifically by influencers like Grace. Trying to "work with it" rather than against it is just a myth at this early stage in the fight to dismantle it: you can't turn something on its head that totally dominates the market without doing the groundwork first. The companies that try to emulate that volume of clothes will end up taking short cuts for profit (as Tala has) and just become fast fashion themselves ≠ sustainable. The goal should be educating consumers on their choices and better alternatives, not trying to be a wolf in sheep's clothing and fulfill the exact same purpose as fast fashion.
  • Creating constant new styles ≠ sustainable ! They are putting their resources into creating a higher volume of poor quality product, rather than a more modest volume of high quality (therefore ACTUALLY sustainable) products. Every time they create a new style, they are generating more waste (through the sampling process, trail and error of initial production, sourcing new materials). "Many" should mean the volume of product, not the amount of styles of product (there are currently FORTY ONE styles of tops on their website. Not including styles that are out of stock!)
"disruption" means absolutely nothing without results, and I think a couple more years will prove that for TALA

If any of you are interested in the theory of ACTUALLY sustainable clothing and using business for good, i can't recommend Let My People Go Surfing enough - it's by Yves Chouinard the founder of Patagonia and is so great. He doesn't own any bentleys or teslas...

Reactions: 14

Edit:

That being said, the box they’re using has a sign and it is written in Mandarin not Cantonese which would suggest they are in mainland China, not Hong Kong.

Either way, aside from them potentially lying about it, the real issue is clothing manufacturing in general. The majority of clothes are made in factories and people are paid a disgustingly low wage. They can say all they want about fair pay but if it’s so fair, why not have it be UK made? Her fans are deluded if they think TALA can be truly 🥰sustainable🥰 while the CEO is buying teslas, a big house in London and going on holidays eight times a year. In a sustainable business, the majority of her salary should go to the garment workers.
I feel like the fact they haven’t replied to any of these comments with “hey babe, this factory is based in HK! 💓” makes me think the commenters calling them out could be right. They’re usually quite on it with responses to their insta posts but they’re nowhere to be found with these criticisms.

I’m also sure the factory shown in the clip is another one of their sites where products are “hand finished” - what about where the materials are actually manufactured? Where the products are recycled in the first place?

I think it’s curious how when they first said they were using factories in HK they claimed it was only for a small number of products like their bamboo cutlery and face cloths - but they’re clearly manufacturing leggings in the clip.

Reactions: 18
Hey Grace, it's really bleeping racist to show a bunch of factory workers claiming they're from one part of China and conflating it with another to hide where you're actually making the garments.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
They are 100% deleting comments from posts again, thousands of likes but 8/10 comments 🤔 must be dire if that’s all that’s being left!

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.