Grace Beverley #7 Grace Bentley; committed to misunderstanding covid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just hate how the word 'sustainable' has lost all meaning. The message she posted from that girl calling her a "sustainable queen" - don't they realise that Grace is likely in the top 1% of carbon emissions, and guaranteed consumes way more than the average person? It's a well-established fact that the richest people have the highest emissions. Owning slightly more eco-friendly versions of things (e.g. a hybrid car, furnishing your mansion with eco-friendly products, owning a self-proclaimed sustainable brand) doesn't make you a sustainable queen. At the end of the day, when you own as much tit as her I don't see how she is an individual is living sustainably. The average person on the street who has a wardrobe full of Boohoo/PLT, drives a second-hand VW Golf and goes on holiday once a year is more of a sustainable queen than Grace because of the pure fact that their carbon emissions + overall consumption patterns are likely 1/10th of Grace's.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
That has seriously wound me up so much that I replied to her on insta for the first time ever. I wasn't even mean but bet I'll get blocked. Why can't she buy a normal first car like everyone else?! What if she goes out and ends up drinking and has to leave it on a london street overnight? 99% chance it will get keyed or knocked into and then she'll be moaning over insta about that.

Reactions: 15
That has seriously wound me up so much that I replied to her on insta for the first time ever. I wasn't even mean but bet I'll get blocked. Why can't she buy a normal first car like everyone else?! What if she goes out and ends up drinking and has to leave it on a london street overnight? 99% chance it will get keyed or knocked into and then she'll be moaning over insta about that.
Because she probably won't be driving it locally for nights like that. It's just for the gram and for excursions like Soho Farmhouse.

I'm thinking she's already contacted a Bentley dealership for a reduced rates finance deal. #ad

Reactions: 8
I just hate how the word 'sustainable' has lost all meaning. The message she posted from that girl calling her a "sustainable queen" - don't they realise that Grace is likely in the top 1% of carbon emissions, and guaranteed consumes way more than the average person? It's a well-established fact that the richest people have the highest emissions. Owning slightly more eco-friendly versions of things (e.g. a hybrid car, furnishing your mansion with eco-friendly products, owning a self-proclaimed sustainable brand) doesn't make you a sustainable queen. At the end of the day, when you own as much tit as her I don't see how she is an individual is living sustainably. The average person on the street who has a wardrobe full of Boohoo/PLT, drives a second-hand VW Golf and goes on holiday once a year is more of a sustainable queen than Grace because of the pure fact that their carbon emissions + overall consumption patterns are likely 1/10th of Grace's.
EXACTLY THIS. can’t tolerate any influencer telling me to make simple swaps to save the planet. I am not the problem. I haven’t bought clothes this year. Go on holiday every other year somewhere in Europe. Don’t hop in taxis to travel 400m in a city full of tubes. But heaven forbid I eat a tin of tuna instead of pine nuts and tofu.
Or buy a staple winter coat from Zara instead of a bloody leather Fendi coat from vestair collective

the bloody irony of them all with their affiliate links to cause further consumerism on top of their personal spend!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Also it's pretty poor that she's bragging about the brand new car she's buying with the money she's made from stock that people are saying has holes in, people saying they've been treated poorly by her companies etc. She has zero self awareness.
This is where my anger is. If she was ethical like she pretends to be and humble, I would be straight up cheering her on. But that money she's using to pay for all her stuff comes from basically exploitation and manipulating her followers who were genuinely supporting her.

Reactions: 12
Because she probably won't be driving it locally for nights like that. It's just for the gram and for excursions like Soho Farmhouse.

I'm thinking she's already contacted a Bentley dealership for a reduced rates finance deal. #ad
If they give her reduced rates they are fools, as if her fans are going to be in the market for one. I genuinley don't understand a lot of the sponsorship deals/undisclosed ads influencers seem to have. It is the same with all that furniture etc she was clearly gifted

Reactions: 2
Hold up! What the actual F is happening. Surely even buying from the company Bentley (even if the model is electric) isn’t the most sustainable option! SURELY there’s a more sustainable option than a god damn electric Bentley. And fine, go buy one, but don’t brag about it everywhere, we’re in a recession with massively high unemployment right now, READ THE ROOM GRACE!

if you google “most sustainable cars”, Bentley isn’t even in the top 10. She’s such bullshit.

Reactions: 23
Imagine your businesses being absolute tit and buying yourself a Bentley with the money you’ve scammed people out of ... pure narcissism

I bet she’s using some of the money from her book deal for it as well

Reactions: 18
Imagine your businesses being absolute tit and buying yourself a Bentley with the money you’ve scammed people out of ... pure narcissism

I bet she’s using some of the money from her book deal for it as well
She has absolutely no shame. And the "we don't do sales or student discounts or free returns cause we're a small company that needs to make profit" actually duck off, yeah has to make profit cause boss babe needs a Bentley

Reactions: 36
EXACTLY THIS. can’t tolerate any influencer telling me to make simple swaps to save the planet. I am not the problem. I haven’t bought clothes this year. Go on holiday every other year somewhere in Europe. Don’t hop in taxis to travel 400m in a city full of tubes. But heaven forbid I eat a tin of tuna instead of pine nuts and tofu.
Or buy a staple winter coat from Zara instead of a bloody leather Fendi coat from vestair collective

the bloody irony of them all with their affiliate links to cause further consumerism on top of their personal spend!!!
Lol, along these lines, wearetala literally just posted about 'simple swaps' you can make to help the planet. Among weird recommendations like "plant a tree" (where? on my concrete balcony?) they also also say "swap tampons for alternative products". Although I'm really into sustainability I have a huge gripe with the movement to lecture women about how to be eco-friendly in regards to their reproductive health. When a significant amount of women can't even access basic sanitary products, let's not steer the sustainability conversation towards telling people which products they should and shouldn't be using. There's bigger, more important issues to target which don't get tangled in with reproductive health. I think someone pointed this out on the post because Grace has responded to someone with 'tampons are amazing too!', but think the original comment has been deleted.

It's like you said, these rich influencers/companies are preaching to their customers without showing self-awareness that they are the ones who carry more responsibility here, given their consumption patterns are way higher than the people they are preaching to. I'd rather see TALA demonstrate that they are offsetting their own CO2 emissions by investing in tree planting programmes instead of giving inane advice to their followers like "plant a tree".

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Oh guys, all the people worrying about her getting such a flash first time car- don’t worry!! This is grace we’re talking about. I know a lot of you have passed driving tests- but grace had to parallel park on a busy road in hers. The skills have already been put to the test

... and the Bentley has auto park so literally NOTHING could go wrong 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I genuinely can’t believe that at her age she can afford a Bentley and to buy and renovate a humongous house in London- it wasn’t just putting in some new flooring it was literally tearing it down and rebuilding it- although she did get loads gifted. I’ve seen a few influencers with those same pink bathroom tiles, so they must get sent them. I’m not digging at her at all, I think it’s amazing what she has been able to build and I wish I was more entrepreneurial, it just blows my mind how much some of these people earn and makes me feel pretty rubbish and depressed about my perfectly normal 9-5 office job that I should be grateful for - Instagram really does make you feel quite bad about your life and comparing yourself to others and how much money they have as well as the fact that she’s 5 years younger than me! Some people just get lucky (and have already come from a wealthy background to kick start their career) 😩

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Oh guys, all the people worrying about her getting such a flash first time car- don’t worry!! This is grace we’re talking about. I know a lot of you have passed driving tests- but grace had to parallel park on a busy road in hers. The skills have already been put to the test

... and the Bentley has auto park so literally NOTHING could go wrong 🤷‍♀️
I just can’t 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Lol, along these lines, wearetala literally just posted about 'simple swaps' you can make to help the planet. Among weird recommendations like "plant a tree" (where? on my concrete balcony?) they also also say "swap tampons for alternative products". Although I'm really into sustainability I have a huge gripe with the movement to lecture women about how to be eco-friendly in regards to their reproductive health. When a significant amount of women can't even access basic sanitary products, let's not steer the sustainability conversation towards telling people which products they should and shouldn't be using. There's bigger, more important issues to target which don't get tangled in with reproductive health. I think someone pointed this out on the post because Grace has responded to someone with 'tampons are amazing too!', but think the original comment has been deleted.
Maybe Grace could swap her Bentley for a Hyundai.. I think I need to go comment that. Or wil it just get deleted?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Maybe Grace could swap her Bentley for a Hyundai.. I think I need to go comment that. Or wil it just get deleted?
Don't insult our queen like that, getting a poor people car?:sick:

I have never understood buying a brand new car. 1. they lose so much value as soon as you drive it away 2. I do not know anyone who didn't have a bump or scrape within their first couple of years even if it wasn't their fault. Passing your test, first time or not, just means you know basics and are legal to me. I don't think you actually learn to drive and deal with situations until after a while of driving on your own.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Don't insult our queen like that, getting a poor people car?:sick:

I have never understood buying a brand new car. 1. they lose so much value as soon as you drive it away 2. I do not know anyone who didn't have a bump or scrape within their first couple of years even if it wasn't their fault. Passing your test, first time or not, just means you know basics and are legal to me. I don't think you actually learn to drive and deal with situations until after a while of driving on your own.
I didn’t buy first brand new car until I had been driving for 5 years and only then because my job required 100 miles a day. I did eventually move closer so I could walk to work and reduce my emissions 🤣
I typically try to get public transport when I can and always prefer to use it when abroad than rent a car or have a driver. (I mean I wish I could afford a driver like susteen qwueen grez)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
There's even someone saying she learnt to drive at 23 because she was too busy "becoming a millionaire". I just find it a bit... sad when people glorify wealth like that, especially in response to someone like Grace, where it really isn't that impressive that she got rich so quick. A daughter of millionaires becoming a millionaire herself is not that groundbreaking and people are clowning themselves if they think this is something everyone can aspire to.

Ah, here comes the excuse. She needs a Bentley to see her family who lives in France. Maybe she should buy two so Montana can come also. Curious how she can somehow only see her mum and sisters in France when they all live in/around London most of the year.
Grace would get 2 bentleys and everyone would be wtf (any sane person like us bc her brand is problematic in many ways not bc we’re envious) and she’d be like don’t worry guys, ones for mon so can drive (to sexy fish too x)

Reactions: 2
I genuinely can’t believe that at her age she can afford a Bentley and to buy and renovate a humongous house in London- it wasn’t just putting in some new flooring it was literally tearing it down and rebuilding it- although she did get loads gifted. I’ve seen a few influencers with those same pink bathroom tiles, so they must get sent them. I’m not digging at her at all, I think it’s amazing what she has been able to build and I wish I was more entrepreneurial, it just blows my mind how much some of these people earn and makes me feel pretty rubbish and depressed about my perfectly normal 9-5 office job that I should be grateful for - Instagram really does make you feel quite bad about your life and comparing yourself to others and how much money they have as well as the fact that she’s 5 years younger than me! Some people just get lucky (and have already come from a wealthy background to kick start their career) 😩
To anyone that needs to hear this after her cringe.com stories:

Money does not buy happiness. We as a generation need to move away from this idea that we are only successful or fulfilled depending on how much $$ we have in our bank account.

I’m sure you all have amazing friends, partners, family and pets that are honestly the most important thing. You should all be proud of how level-headed, intelligent and non ideological you all are (from what I’ve gathered from the insightful and in-depth discussions in this forum).

Instead of unintentionally comparing our fairly normal content lives with people like Grace, we should all collectively seriously pity her.

I’m not rich at all, but would not trade anything or desire to be anything like her. Imagine turning to social media for validation? Essentially buying friends (her employees that lick her hole) and viewing yourself as a celebrity? Imagine spending millions on a house with no one to share it with and instead turning to social media for approval? Imagine being that shallow, boring and completely blinded by ideology all whilst having zero moral compass (evident in her companies/exploitation etc). Imagine being unable to read a room and have any ounce of empathy? Christ

People like her and other influencers make me lose so much faith in humanity, but then I read posts from all of you lot and it restores that faith.

Lots of love!

• Heart
Reactions: 73
To anyone that needs to hear this after her cringe.com stories:

Money does not buy happiness. We as a generation need to move away from this idea that we are only successful or fulfilled depending on how much $$ we have in our bank account.

I’m sure you all have amazing friends, partners, family and pets that are honestly the most important thing. You should all be proud of how level-headed, intelligent and non ideological you all are (from what I’ve gathered from the insightful and in-depth discussions in this forum).

Instead of unintentionally comparing our fairly normal content lives with people like Grace, we should all collectively seriously pity her.

I’m not rich at all, but would not trade anything or desire to be anything like her. Imagine turning to social media for validation? Essentially buying friends (her employees that lick her hole) and viewing yourself as a celebrity? Imagine spending millions on a house with no one to share it with and instead turning to social media for approval? Imagine being that shallow, boring and completely blinded by ideology all whilst having zero moral compass (evident in her companies/exploitation etc). Imagine being unable to read a room and have any ounce of empathy? Christ

People like her and other influencers make me lose so much faith in humanity, but then I read posts from all of you lot and it restores that faith.

Lots of love!
Totally agree with this, wasn't she supposed to have her friends living with her? Not that I could ever afford it anyway, but I'd hate to be in a big house alone like that tbh. I think she can read the room, she just fundamentally doesn't care. She is probably the most narcissistic influencer I have seen

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.