Grace Beverley #7 Grace Bentley; committed to misunderstanding covid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also does anyone else think it’s weird that she chose to test drive it with her sisters boyfriend (this isn’t me insinuating anything btw) I just think it’s bit odd when you’ve got all your own friends that is who’d you pick.
Not really. She hangs out with them a fair bit. He probably knows more about cars than Steph and Mon

Reactions: 1
why does Shreddy have such cringey notifications like this🤢
1) couldn't they have said girls? 2) this is actually weird looking at it because there are male users of shreddy no? I guess they're most likely segmenting the send and not sending it to them (although that would be the smart thing to do and we all know how disastrous some of their marketing is) but it's weird they'd want to frame themselves as a girls first app and alienate their male users more I thought they were trying to be more inclusive with the non vegan meals thing and all

Reactions: 7
Had a look at her social blade and I get the feeling that she's starting to buy followers. I would have expected that she'd have lost a lot of followers over the last couple of days because of the Tala factory post but instead she's lost fewer compared to usual. Even Tala gained followers.

I wouldn't be surprised if she's buying a small amount everyday as it would be easier to hide it when the net numbers are negative. It would be very obvious if her followers suddenly went up by 1000 when her daily average has been -250.

Reactions: 12
Had a look at her social blade and I get the feeling that she's starting to buy followers. I would have expected that she'd have lost a lot of followers over the last couple of days because of the Tala factory post but instead she's lost fewer compared to usual. Even Tala gained followers.

I wouldn't be surprised if she's buying a small amount everyday as it would be easier to hide it when the net numbers are negative. It would be very obvious if her followers suddenly went up by 1000 when her daily average has been -250.
100% shes done nothing to stop losing followers. She's consistently been losing at least 150 a day and suddenly it's 19 or 9, without any change in content or frequency of posting.

Reactions: 9

Good catch. It’s absolutely clear they are buying followers in small batches. How calculated is that to try and offset it with an amount that wouldn’t be noticeable to the general pop. I wonder if they are trying to time it after a scandal, when they know the followers will drop significantly, or when grace does something offensive/insufferable (becoming more and more frequent these days). Maybe a new position will pop up with the sole responsibility of monitoring grace’s dwindling Instagram followers- lord knows they’d be putting in more work hours than queen grez

Reactions: 13
Honestly wish Instagram would cancel the ability to buy followers. I know it brings them revenue but ugh it’s makes using insta such a scathing experience for genuine consumers. Imagine how many influencers would be out of it if Instagram immediately took down all fake followers and accounts through some sort of algorithm. Honestly would love that. Looking at you esp Danielle Bernstein.

Reactions: 14
Honestly wish Instagram would cancel the ability to buy followers. I know it brings them revenue but ugh it’s makes using insta such a scathing experience for genuine consumers. Imagine how many influencers would be out of it if Instagram immediately took down all fake followers and accounts through some sort of algorithm. Honestly would love that. Looking at you esp Danielle Bernstein.
Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t they do something like this a few years ago? A lot of people I was following complained that they lost a big chunk of followers overnight, accounts that were either fake or not used in forever were disabled or something. Would love for this to be a regular thing, like a weekly or monthly purge to keep the numbers organic. But I guess the economic incentive is too high, although I’m not sure if or how Instagram earns money when followers are bought (I guess more fake numbers for them the better idk???) just wishful thinking on my part for this to be a regular thing I guess. This year hasn’t been great for influencers, although they are still very prominent it’ll be interesting to see how things go during the next 12 months.

About the entire debacle from Tala and their factories, I think we were right in saying that Grace is just going to ignore it and continue with her braggy posts in a few days since she can’t help herself. The only thing she’s posted is “thanks for all the lovely messages” about the Tesla. When your factory workers earn less than 1k a month whilst you’re “ssskkrr ssskkrr”ing in your Tesla isn’t a cute look babe

Reactions: 19
Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t they do something like this a few years ago? A lot of people I was following complained that they lost a big chunk of followers overnight, accounts that were either fake or not used in forever were disabled or something. Would love for this to be a regular thing, like a weekly or monthly purge to keep the numbers organic. But I guess the economic incentive is too high, although I’m not sure if or how Instagram earns money when followers are bought (I guess more fake numbers for them the better idk???) just wishful thinking on my part for this to be a regular thing I guess. This year hasn’t been great for influencers, although they are still very prominent it’ll be interesting to see how things go during the next 12 months.

About the entire debacle from Tala and their factories, I think we were right in saying that Grace is just going to ignore it and continue with her braggy posts in a few days since she can’t help herself. The only thing she’s posted is “thanks for all the lovely messages” about the Tesla. When your factory workers earn less than 1k a month whilst you’re “ssskkrr ssskkrr”ing in your Tesla isn’t a cute look babe
sis they earning less than 500 quid a month!!

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
So tala are back at it sanitizing the comments on their factory post. There was 120 comments last night now only 103 👀

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Grace is just ignoring the ‘far east’ thing. And the fact her company lumped China and Hong Kong together. Not very progressive of her ... quite the opposite of anti-racist

Reactions: 24
Grace is just ignoring the ‘far east’ thing. And the fact her company lumped China and Hong Kong together. Not very progressive of her ... quite the opposite of anti-racist
She doesn’t give a tit if shes problematic or not, she doesn’t give a tit about black people either. Shes just jumped on BLM because its been politicized and she wants to use it for marketing and make money. Her activism is fake af and she makes me feel physically ill, its immoral, don’t claim to support poc when you’re exploiting people to make your products in the ‘far east’ as you call it.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
this made me laugh out loud. could she not just share the info without the message glorifying her???
absolute queen when it comes to advocating for women’s rights but can’t even pay her workers above £500 a month whilst she’s skiddy pop popping around in a tesla; can’t acknowledge issues in language used by the face of her company regarding said women’s ethinicity/country of origin.

i’ll advocate for myself thanks x

Attachments

Reactions: 15
She clearly doesn’t think conflating china and hongkong is wrong and she doesn’t think far east is wrong to say, its exactly like when she was called out for being antisemitic and she was like ACTUALLY THATS NOT WHAT I MEANT

Reactions: 8
She clearly doesn’t think conflating china and hongkong is wrong and she doesn’t think far east is wrong to say, its exactly like when she was called out for being antisemitic and she was like ACTUALLY THATS NOT WHAT I MEANT
of course she didn’t mean it people are just committed to misunderstanding her

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Somehow I feel like the story of the girl shes just posted in the tala hoodie is strategic

Reactions: 2
Correct me if I’m wrong but I dont think Insta supports the whole buying followers. They make their money through the insta ads. And yes sure you can pay for ads that gain you followers but you cant just pay for 1000 followers. If they’re doing that it will be through some agency I think/dodgy get followers quick site.

Reactions: 2
Hi 👋 long time lurker of this thread! I used to LOVE Grace, you know when you find a new YouTuber and they’re different and feel more authentic? Since then, I’ve seen her passive aggressively reply to people who admire her and it’s such a turn off, this Bentley/Tesla thing is probably the point that I’ve unfollowed her.

She knows that it’s an ego purchase and she seeks validation to justify it. So many influencers do it and I hate it.

On the point of Shreddy; I was one of those people who got charged without realising on the auto-renew, it wasnt made clear when I signed up, I messaged Shreddy about it, explaining that I recently lost my job (have since got a new one and loving it!) and that money meant a great deal to me and it put me in a really bad spot financially. They didn’t reply, never saw the money again, but glad she’s getting her Tesla whilst I had to ask for an extension on my rent.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 63
There's something so OFF with everything they do online and I think people are starting to sense it. The hardcore fanbase will continue to ignore and mass consume, needless products to save the planet, but for everyone else, their whole brand and social media presence just seems so disjointed. It's "hey babe.. this is litty..let's pump up the jam and toast this sweddy sesh" but behind the scenes it's just such a false front. They ironically are so strategic and tactical, yet also can't seem to stop putting their foot in their mouths. They drip little bits of info here and there so they can appear to be transparent yet it's all so fake and spun, it just sounds like a bunch of nonsense. Anytime they try and put something out to show how great and ethical they are, it falls flat and most people see right through it. I think people hate hypocritical things and that's all they seem capable of atm. Just be AUTHENTIC. For once. I was thinking today, someone can come and correct me, but I don't think I've ever seen the brand be open and apologise for something. Any error, any mistake, any screw up, any bas customer service. It's "Hey honey.. send a DM".. "You are committed to misunderstand our policies" "Shopify error".. "Out of our hands".. "we're small.. live with it". Maybe they have, but it's not common. They seem to have adopted the attitude of.. we're right.. if someone perceives us as wrong in any way.. it's their problem. Such a bad way to run a company & I feel like they could be doing good in this world too, with a bit better leadership and direction.

Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.