Grace Beverley #7 Grace Bentley; committed to misunderstanding covid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi šŸ‘‹ long time lurker of this thread! I used to LOVE Grace, you know when you find a new YouTuber and theyā€™re different and feel more authentic? Since then, Iā€™ve seen her passive aggressively reply to people who admire her and itā€™s such a turn off, this Bentley/Tesla thing is probably the point that Iā€™ve unfollowed her.

She knows that itā€™s an ego purchase and she seeks validation to justify it. So many influencers do it and I hate it.

On the point of Shreddy; I was one of those people who got charged without realising on the auto-renew, it wasnt made clear when I signed up, I messaged Shreddy about it, explaining that I recently lost my job (have since got a new one and loving it!) and that money meant a great deal to me and it put me in a really bad spot financially. They didnā€™t reply, never saw the money again, but glad sheā€™s getting her Tesla whilst I had to ask for an extension on my rent.
ohhhhhhh this is terrible iā€™m so sorry. absolutely not on that consumers would be treated this way, let
alone in a pandemic / recession.

Reactions: 6
ohhhhhhh this is terrible iā€™m so sorry. absolutely not on that consumers would be treated this way, let
alone in a pandemic / recession.
Thank you! That comment alone is more than I ever got from Grace or any of her companies, but hey, sheā€™s getting her Tesla so thatā€™s the main thing! šŸ„“

Side note; Shreddy was a waste of money, it started off well but I realised quite quickly that every work out was pretty much the same, with definitely no personalisation. So effectively after a week of using it, youā€™d never really have to look at it again as nothing on the app changed so once you had the exercises memorised then it was a waste of money!

Reactions: 15
this made me laugh out loud. could she not just share the info without the message glorifying her???
absolute queen when it comes to advocating for womenā€™s rights but canā€™t even pay her workers above Ā£500 a month whilst sheā€™s skiddy pop popping around in a tesla; canā€™t acknowledge issues in language used by the face of her company regarding said womenā€™s ethinicity/country of origin.

iā€™ll advocate for myself thanks x
Yeah she could also share the one without misinformation in it, but that's how social media works these days. People just share things without knowing about it just for the outrage.

Reactions: 6
this made me laugh out loud. could she not just share the info without the message glorifying her???
absolute queen when it comes to advocating for womenā€™s rights but canā€™t even pay her workers above Ā£500 a month whilst sheā€™s skiddy pop popping around in a tesla; canā€™t acknowledge issues in language used by the face of her company regarding said womenā€™s ethinicity/country of origin.

And yet she still hasnā€™t said anything about the Tory vote not to feed the children right?
Donā€™t get me wrong - the Poland situation is abysmal. However it sits badly with me when influencers are verrrry quick to criticise other countryā€™s politics when theyā€™re not also talking about big horrible things going on at home though. It seems sometimes like another form of racism or something? Like by all means, talk about it all, but to only criticise other countries...

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

I thought she said that people going into her DMs asking her to comment on social justice issues is ā€œperformativeā€ and ā€œsubstancelessā€? Or is that only when itā€™s about antisemitism?

• Heart
Reactions: 31
The Far East is like one degree off "the Orient" honestly. It's definitely been used to even mould what people typically think of as "Asia" with the "Middle East". Putting aside the fact that even these definitions are highly problematic, moulding entire regions into one is worse. When Far East as a term is used, it's done purposefully to indicate something that is really different in ways that are not conceivable to or non-existent in "the West" and these kinds of notions come from colonialism. The Orient is directly a term from colonialism that denotes Middle East, Africa, and Asia and "the Far East" gives off similar vibes if that makes sense.

But if it helps you guys to understand, a lot of my Asian friends have said "the Far East" and even "the Orient" aren't offensive terms to them but it comes more from a perspective of "these things are so stupid why should we let it offend us". But they do come from colonial notions so why I'd say it's really offensive. Like others have said, I believe that anyone who has been educated or intelligent should just avoid using them.

Westerners not understanding why that usage is offensive doesn't surprise me because it doesn't affect them. It's along the same exact lines of how using the Buddha as an ornament (ie in your bathroom or garden) and having bars like "Buddha Bar" is really offensive to us Buddhists from Asia but Westerners can't understand why it's offensive, but that conversation is for another day.
I wonder how much input she has in these captions/messages etc on SM or is it just outsourced to her "team"?
Not really. She hangs out with them a fair bit. He probably knows more about cars than Steph and Mon
I know nothing about buying cars (don't have a lisence) but I'm surprised they let someone who has just passed their test with limited driving experience, to test drive an expensive car like this tbh

And yet she still hasnā€™t said anything about the Tory vote not to feed the children right?
Donā€™t get me wrong - the Poland situation is abysmal. However it sits badly with me when influencers are verrrry quick to criticise other countryā€™s politics when theyā€™re not also talking about big horrible things going on at home though. It seems sometimes like another form of racism or something? Like by all means, talk about it all, but to only criticise other countries...
exactly, and realistically criticising our own country is much more easy/possible to impact change than in another country. Also just tweeting"this is terrible" without anything anyone could do seems pointless

Reactions: 16
This Shreddy auto renewal thing sits so badly with me. The failure to send a reminder email and the bullshit unsubscribe on a website thing even though itā€™s an app? Clearly they are at fault no matter the t&cs.
Losing Ā£79 would leave me and my family starving for the next two weeks. But Shreddy are just ignoring it and telling their customers that itā€™s tough luck basically. Such an unethical attitude, especially when so many are struggling right now.

• Angry
Reactions: 37
I wonder how much input she has in these captions/messages etc on SM or is it just outsourced to her "team"?
I feel like her team would consist of people who are exactly like her in claiming their wokeness. Like from their messages you can see they're all about proving how much they're aware of "sustainability", how "transparent" they are, how "inclusive" they are, how "considerate of mental health" they are and etc.

Correct me if Iā€™m wrong but I dont think Insta supports the whole buying followers. They make their money through the insta ads. And yes sure you can pay for ads that gain you followers but you cant just pay for 1000 followers. If theyā€™re doing that it will be through some agency I think/dodgy get followers quick site.
Yeah but for me (also correct me if im wrong) I think it indirectly benefits instagram bc people are more likely to trust people with more followers and interact with them / companies do businesses with them and so on. And now there's this entire influencer market that exists on instagram that instagram didn't have to do except provide a platform for that and it is fuelled with fake followers. Now people literally rely on instagram and their follower count for a living and that is definitely something instagram benefits from.

What's weird for me is how companies pick people who have massive amounts of followers without looking at the quality of and numbers of their engagement.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
There's something so OFF with everything they do online and I think people are starting to sense it. The hardcore fanbase will continue to ignore and mass consume, needless products to save the planet, but for everyone else, their whole brand and social media presence just seems so disjointed. It's "hey babe.. this is litty..let's pump up the jam and toast this sweddy sesh" but behind the scenes it's just such a false front. They ironically are so strategic and tactical, yet also can't seem to stop putting their foot in their mouths. They drip little bits of info here and there so they can appear to be transparent yet it's all so fake and spun, it just sounds like a bunch of nonsense. Anytime they try and put something out to show how great and ethical they are, it falls flat and most people see right through it. I think people hate hypocritical things and that's all they seem capable of atm. Just be AUTHENTIC. For once. I was thinking today, someone can come and correct me, but I don't think I've ever seen the brand be open and apologise for something. Any error, any mistake, any screw up, any bas customer service. It's "Hey honey.. send a DM".. "You are committed to misunderstand our policies" "Shopify error".. "Out of our hands".. "we're small.. live with it". Maybe they have, but it's not common. They seem to have adopted the attitude of.. we're right.. if someone perceives us as wrong in any way.. it's their problem. Such a bad way to run a company & I feel like they could be doing good in this world too, with a bit better leadership and direction.
I think even her hardcore fan base will gradually stop supporting her soon when everyone is trying to save money with all the redundancies etc. I don't know who her fanbase now are but i imagine they are all quite young and not necesarily well paid, and her flaunting her money will eventually just make people angry (I hope anyway)

I think even her hardcore fan base will gradually stop supporting her soon when everyone is trying to save money with all the redundancies etc. I don't know who her fanbase now are but i imagine they are all quite young and not necesarily well paid, and her flaunting her money will eventually just make people angry (I hope anyway)
I was very much part of her hardcore fan base (have OG Grace fit bands, tried Shreddy, defended her blindly) and I absolutely cannot stand her now, so I have hopes for the rest of her minions lmao

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I was thinking today, someone can come and correct me, but I don't think I've ever seen the brand be open and apologise for something.
I mean they do "apologise" but like you said they spin everything. Their apologies are spun with victimising themselves and being like "we only aim to be transparent and we're a small business and we only want to be honest with you guys" and childish bullshit like that.

So who wants a bet on how long itā€™ll take her to post her new Tesla? I bet Ā£20 that itā€™ll be her doing that stupid pose where sheā€™s crouching with her hands together in front of it. And a caption saying she couldnā€™t have done it without her friends and something like ā€œthis is temporary, the best is yet to comeā€ or something like that

• Haha
Reactions: 18
So who wants a bet on how long itā€™ll take her to post her new Tesla? I bet Ā£20 that itā€™ll be her doing that stupid pose where sheā€™s crouching with her hands together in front of it. And a caption saying she couldnā€™t have done it without her friends and something like ā€œthis is temporary, the best is yet to comeā€ or something like that
I bet you that now you've said it she will. She likes reading here and using ideas and stuff people have written. I think she does it as a subtle nod to us so we know she lurks here.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I mean they do "apologise" but like you said they spin everything. Their apologies are spun with victimising themselves and being like "we only aim to be transparent and we're a small business and we only want to be honest with you guys" and childish bullshit like that.
They always say tit like ā€˜sorry you feel that you canā€™t trust us / you feel weā€™re not transparentā€™ whenever they get accused of lying, and its always ā€˜sorry you didnā€™t enjoy our productsā€™ when someone complains their leggings have fallen to bits within one minute of wearing them.

Reactions: 17
They always say tit like ā€˜sorry you feel that you canā€™t trust us / you feel weā€™re not transparentā€™ whenever they get accused of lying, and its always ā€˜sorry you didnā€™t enjoy our productsā€™ when someone complains their leggings have fallen to bits within one minute of wearing them.
yeh there is never anything approaching a real apology. it is like when people are caught out and say "I didn't mean to cause offence etc etc". Isn;t there some way she could be reported to some kind of consumer standards group or something?

This Shreddy auto renewal thing sits so badly with me. The failure to send a reminder email and the bullshit unsubscribe on a website thing even though itā€™s an app? Clearly they are at fault no matter the t&cs.
Losing Ā£79 would leave me and my family starving for the next two weeks. But Shreddy are just ignoring it and telling their customers that itā€™s tough luck basically. Such an unethical attitude, especially when so many are struggling right now.
she is just so selfish and has no idea of the value of money IMO, Ā£79 might not be a lot to her but it is to MOST people, especially now. She is a disgrace

Reactions: 10
Hahaha - I can see it now! Can Tattle please install the eye roll emoji ready in time for the Tesla reveal? I feel like this is the primary reaction to most of Grace's self-congratulatory social media bullshit

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I bet you that now you've said it she will. She likes reading here and using ideas and stuff people have written. I think she does it as a subtle nod to us so we know she lurks here.
User190 doesnā€™t need to tell us when we know sheā€™s narcissistic and insecure as duck
Her signposting sheā€™s reading this thread is even more sad given 98% of the posts here are holding her accountable yet she continues to ignore it #rolemodel

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.