Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

fwooper

VIP Member
I really dislike her recent ‘renovation’. At least the interior design before felt cohesive, but it feels confused now with the faux Victorian accents, super modern marble kitchen and then the random rattan dining set. Should’ve stuck with what her interior designer did

Still hilarious that she let her boyfriend of 8 months move into her mansion (if we’re being generous - think it could be less). That’s fast by anyone’s standards, but I feel like you need to be extra careful when you’re that rich.

Reactions: 30

Noahfence

Tiyad is literally just the word “tired” but with an Nigerian/Jamaican accent, so no nothing offensive at all. I think it’s more race oriented than nationality. Historically and even still, black people with accents have been ridiculed, mocked and even denied opportunities because their accent is seen as low class or uneducated. Same for African Americans phrases that are popular with gen z, people that actually speak like that are seen as dumb, but on a white girl it’s sassy and funny. So for that now to be trendy for people like grace to just say when they want to be quirky or cool is just odd.

I personally find it odd when people use phrases that aren’t in their culture in the way grace and a lot of others do. Having a partner or close friends from a culture is different as obviously you will pick up things. But I’ve never known grace to have any close black friends and she clearly has not grown up around black culture so it’s just weird
i also find it bizare that for someone that supposedly wrote their dissertation on cultural appropriation then she wouldn't have a little bit more self awareness when posting slang to an audience of +1m.... perhaps she does have friends from that culture in which case she may not be causing offense in a private context with those individuals, but regardless she shouldn't assume that it might not be offensive to the wider public given that we're not seeing her engage with any cultures beyond the classic west london white priveleged influencer circle...

• Sick

Maccat123

VIP Member
The “what we can offer” list in that job advert is pretty funny.

“Fun, startup working culture” - companies that willingly say they have a ‘startup culture’ is an immediate red flag. Translation = your annoying as fuck boss is going to be sending you WhatsApp messages outside of work hours.

“Mon-Thurs at our London office, majority of Fridays remote” - translation = 5 days a week on the office, but I’ll maybe let you work from home the odd Friday if I’m on one of my monthly holidays and won’t need to micromanage you.

I always knew their WFH policy was shocking, but it’s definitely got worse, I think it used to be 3 days?. Requiring essentially 5 days a week in the office shouldn’t be listed as a benefit - that’s an embarrassingly inflexible policy and there’s no need for it.
I can’t believe she makes them go in every day. Especially when you think of how poorly their office is set up with those tiny laptops and crap seating. You’re right it’s not a benefit at all and it’s highly embarrassing for them to list it as one.

sassygoat

What is she actually on about. “How weak is that. I do not claim” She is so odd. She would be a psychotherapist’s wet dream.

fwooper

VIP Member
Lol that's actually embarrassing. It's literally not a girl's holiday if your boyfriend tags along. That's like a reddit AITA story come to life - there's always those threads that are like 'AITA for inviting my boyfriend along to a girls trip?' and all the replies are always like 'YES'. I'm sure we've all experienced that annoying as fuck person that has to bring their partner with them everywhere and it always kills the vibe a bit, even if the partner is nice.

It's funny how in podcasts etc she boasts about how she is so independent in relationships, but it's obvious she isn't. If you can't even go on a trip away with your girlfriends for a week without bringing along your boyfriend (that you already live with!!), you aren't independent. I'm also like... dude, you're 37 and going on a girls holiday full of 25 yr olds. Just stay at home for a week jesus.

She said on an insta q&a that they split the mortgage and bills 50:50 which seems so strange to me. I would never be paying 50% of someone else mortgage unless my name was getting added to the deed.

really wonder how much of a deposit she put down because surely the monthly mortgage payments on a house that size in London must be ludicrous. How is he affording?
do you remember when this was? don't remember her saying this, interesting!

PLEASEEEEE has anyone SEEN her podcast episode with the nightmare that is Caroline Calloway? Greg is RAGING while CC talks non-stop! It's so fkn obvious hahahaha. This is what happens when you meet your match in terms of narcissistic, brain dead boss babessssss.

• Haha
  • Wow

Guccigal

Chatty Member
Can I ask something regarding the "tiyad" conversation out of real curiosity?

So, I am Spaniard but have been living in the UK for the past 10 years. If, for example, I were to meet a Nigerian person that moved to Spain and used a slang (non-offensive, ovbs... i don't think tiyad is but correct me if i'm wrong) Catalan word I'd be well happy and hype them up... same if the person was French, American, Chinese... I would think it's funny / cool that someone adopts a slang word in my own language and not only uses standard Spanish. Why is is different in this case? My boyfriend is Jamaican and when I have used the word "ting" for example on an odd occasion he's never told me it was cultural appropriation or that it was not correct to use it... why is it bad that she used "tiyad"? Is it because it is her, is it because it is offensive...?
Tiyad is literally just the word “tired” but with an Nigerian/Jamaican accent, so no nothing offensive at all. I think it’s more race oriented than nationality. Historically and even still, black people with accents have been ridiculed, mocked and even denied opportunities because their accent is seen as low class or uneducated. Same for African Americans phrases that are popular with gen z, people that actually speak like that are seen as dumb, but on a white girl it’s sassy and funny. So for that now to be trendy for people like grace to just say when they want to be quirky or cool is just odd.

I personally find it odd when people use phrases that aren’t in their culture in the way grace and a lot of others do. Having a partner or close friends from a culture is different as obviously you will pick up things. But I’ve never known grace to have any close black friends and she clearly has not grown up around black culture so it’s just weird

• Heart

Maccat123

VIP Member
Sorry but the inner wimp stuff pisses me off SO much- it is not wimpy to be ill!!! & this whole working sick thing, I totally understand that people are forced to work when they are sick by their employers and that we have crap sick pay in the UK but for goodness sake she is the “CEO” and as a CEV person I would really rather she stay the fuck home when sick seeing as she is actually able to. Also she doesn’t seem particularly concerned about the company grinding to a halt when she is on her millionth holiday of the year.

elliex0x0x

It’s so wild to me - my partner and I are both the same age as Grace and just got engaged this year after knowing each other for 10 years, being in a relationship for 7 and living together for 2 and I still feel like such a baby and imposter - and we’re not even planning to get married until November 2025 because again, what’s the rush? My mind is blown

Reactions: 29

KYLIE

VIP Member
I know a girl who works at TALA. She often posts herself in the office/doijng her job and it very literally is just London/Essex/Surrey etc white girls who are in their first/second jobs, bankrolled by parents usually. Knowingly underpaid but accepting it because the brand is 'cool'.

It's unbelievable that Grace makes these people come in 4/5 days a week for such low salaries.

emm

VIP Member
So much BS in one story.

- I don't get why him being rehomed as a puppy (3-4 months if I remember rightly) explains why he has a suite of psychological problems? Especially as he was never in a shelter. She's acting like he was abused or something. Not denying that a puppy switching families could result in some anxiety problems, but I don't think that can fully account for the severity of his separation anxiety. Ultimately he was rehomed, which yes is a stressful event, but the kicker is that his new owner was constantly coming and going and leaving him with different friends and family in the first year of his life.
- The classic “I HAD to buy a maltipoo because they’re hypoallergenic” - she always needs to have a justification for why she is the exception, and can’t just admit she wanted a cute designer breed. She’s lived with a dachshund and her family dog wasn’t hypoallergenic either.

I think this story is her preempting criticism for getting a designer puppy from a breeder, so that she can say it was the best option for Ziggy’s trauma/he’s scared of dogs that cost less than £2000/some other BS.
And if you really had a dog with serious psychological issues you wouldn't leave them alone so often/wouldn't adopt them in the first place when you are away so much. My parents have a similar dog and when he was a puppy they basically never left him at home alone, at the most for an hour, which is really what you need to.do

qtr100

Chatty Member
He wanted to lock down a new stream of income 🤣🤣🤣 a grown man living in YOUR house? Grace you can do so much better! I think she likes the power imbalance though, she could not handle being with a man more successful than her and vice versa. I hope it lasts and that she’s genuinely happy but something tells me otherwise, like marriage is another thing she wanted to tick off the list & not a genuine commitment that she’s ready for. 3/4 years down the line she will go on a podcast and say “I felt like the man in the relationship” etc

Last edited:

greenvelvet

VIP Member
The / in TALA fully looks like a mistake, like as if someone’s cat walked over the keyboard during the design and nobody noticed

• Haha

PostiveVibezOnly

Ah yes, life saving moving tips. Course they are, they’ve all been - and this won’t come as a surprise to anyone - gifted. Seriously, fuck her! Why did she HAVE to move last week? Looks like she doesn’t have much on this week. I don’t think she’s even been back to the office since her holiday work trip.

InsufferableGiant

Seems like every week now she’s doing some speaking event on something she knows nothing about. Today is ‘changing workplace cultures’ … when she’s previously published her employees personal lives to her 1million followers, shown that her staff are working when off sick and in hospital, micromanages so she has to ‘approve’ things for 2 hours every day, posts pictures of her giving the middle finger to her laptop and constantly complains how she’s sick of work, yet fills her day with hair appointments, shopping and other random vanity projects. Can only assume she’s discussing changing workplace cultures for the worse
she only gets invited to give the ‘gen z’ insight even though she’s more like a young millennial. To her credit, she has a good agent getting her all these gigs she’s in no way qualified for.

Stephg264889

Chatty Member
She said on an insta q&a that they split the mortgage and bills 50:50 which seems so strange to me. I would never be paying 50% of someone else mortgage unless my name was getting added to the deed.

really wonder how much of a deposit she put down because surely the monthly mortgage payments on a house that size in London must be ludicrous. How is he affording?

• Wow

fwooper

VIP Member
why is he always at every event with her looking like a fool, you'd think he'd ditch the comically oversized suit after those awkward pictures from the last premiere.

• Haha
  • Wow